How to: Adjustable FPR - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
team123luder
Elite Member

team123luder has a spectacular aura aboutteam123luder has a spectacular aura aboutteam123luder has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to team123luder Send a message via MSN to team123luder

Prelude of the Month

How to: Adjustable FPR

Well I will take full responsibility for your own mistakes, however I can only pay in pesos and in a very limited quantity at a time. SO DON'T BOTHER!!

This is how I converted my stock FPR to a B&M adjustable unit. Very simple, all you need are the following tools.

pliers
10mm open end wrench or 10mm socket and ratchet
knife
allen wrench.
hack saw

1. Make sure your vehicle is off and remove your fuel cap to release any pressure build up

2. remove the fuel return line, there should be an OEM hose clamp and the vacuum hose

3. Remove the 2 10mm bolts, I'm working on an H22 here so a small 1/8th ratchet and 10mm socket worked fine for me.

4. Lay everything out to make sure you have the entire package. With the FPR removed, it's a great time to check the OEM O-ring and if it's damaged in anyway, discard it and replace it.

(top hat, adjustment bolt, locking nut, 4 machined bolts, retainer or lower half, o ring, vacuum hose and locktite)

3. Place the OEM FPR onto a vise and mark at least a 1/4" from the top down and use a hack saw to cut her open.

4. Once cut, I used a small file to debur the inside, outer and top edge of where the hacksaw did it's magic. I also went ahead and used a compressor to blow any metal flakes out to ensure I wouldn't ruin my injectors or anything worse beyond.

5. Install the adjustable bolt all the way through from the inside of the top hat.

6. Place the supplied oring into the machined groove inside the top hat.

7. Place the new spring inside the top hat, place it over the FPR and slide the lower retainer under the OEM FPR. Use the supplied locktite and hand tighten the machined bolts into place. Once snug, go ahead and tighten them down in a criss cross fashion. Install the adjustment bolts locking nut and you're DONE!!!

Installation is just reversed from removal.

I highly recommend that you use a Fuel Pressure gauge with this. Install that first and see where your stock fp is @ and once you switch over to the AFPR, adjust accordingly. Always remove the vacuum line from the AFPR when adjusting.

good luck and arrigato

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
team123luder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
Crash_Control
True Luder

Crash_Control is on a distinguished road
Very nice thank you good pictures.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
CADster
Kickass truck missed

CADster will become famous soon enoughCADster will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month

neat.
+1

CADster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
dblair
Lude Addict

dblair is on a distinguished road
Good job team123, noticed you're in the great state of CA. Any smog check issues with this mod?
dblair is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
Si Speed
The Good Stuff

Si Speed will become famous soon enoughSi Speed will become famous soon enough

cool, Rash was needing this.
Si Speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #6
team123luder
Elite Member

team123luder has a spectacular aura aboutteam123luder has a spectacular aura aboutteam123luder has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to team123luder Send a message via MSN to team123luder

Prelude of the Month

rash is the gayest luder on pp.com.... ask him, he'll admit it

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

team123luder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement