5th Gen_ 98__SH's...you guessed it! 98 SH build!!! - Page 3 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #51
98__SH
Lude Addict

98__SH will become famous soon enough98__SH will become famous soon enough
~Month later update

It's been one delay after another, but I'm finally hoping to have my S15 parked in my garage tomorrow! I'm sure lots of people love these cars and other JDM exclusives, but owning one can be complicated. I've been saving money, and sold my MX bike, so I'll be doing lots of mods to it soon. CAN'T WAIT!!!! It's been a long time coming to own this thing...

Ludewise...My buddy and I thought it'd be cool to put the car back together, at the minimal level, and start it for the first time in a while. Unfortunately, since I hardly have been working on cars I admittedly connected the positive battery lead to the negative side of the battery (or maybe it was the negative to the positive) and now the car gets no power, not even interior lights.

We tried another known working battery and still no power anywhere, and now I gotta figure out what the hell happened, and get on my way to getting it back on the street (with some new parts as well).

So, I definitely facepalm myself on that one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You must prepare well for the Touge
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Honda Prelude SH (
)

1999 Nissan S15 Silvia Spec-R, awating widebody and RB26

Last edited by 98__SH; 07-01-2014 at 02:13 PM.
98__SH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #52
infamouz
Lude Boss

infamouz has a spectacular aura aboutinfamouz has a spectacular aura aboutinfamouz has a spectacular aura about
if you connected the battery via wrong terminals and started the car up, then the battery would have exploded.

If you just connected them and disconnected them once you quickly realized what you did...that means the main fuse would have blown.

Either way....check the fuses in the engine bay...and work from there.
infamouz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #53
98__SH
Lude Addict

Yeah it's definitely a fuse. As soon as I hooked it up it sparked and I was like "oh what am I doing".

Shouldn't be too big of a deal.

1998 Honda Prelude SH (
)

Old 11-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #54
98__SH
Lude Addict

Well I guess it's time for an unfortunate update.

In a one day attempt to get the car back on the road after devoting so much time and money to my S15, I mocked up a custom 3 inch intake setup, as well as a Mishimoto 3 way baffled oil catch can for the crankcase breather and PCV valve, with the battery fuse replaced. Upon starting it up gas came gushing out of the fuel line, and long story short I became very frustrated with how big of a stab I made that morning/afternoon to not be able to take it to a local Luder's house (for his daughter's birthday) and I had a convential work light in my hand which uses a traditional light bulb.

I swore, and smacked the work light against the ground, which broke the bulb, and ignited the gasoline.

I put out the flames with a hose before anything major happened, but I know for a fact that one headlight is done, as well as lots of wiring in the two fender harnesses, as well as perhaps a bit in the main engine harness. The inner fender covers and plastic undertray melted as well, and one fender looks like shit.

The car is repairable don't get me wrong but it's going to take some electrical work. I'm either going to be buying a new harnesses for both fenders, ripping ones from wrecked Ludes, or attempting to piece together what I need to make a new harness for both fenders.

Just happy I put the flames out before the firefighters came. The interior is fine, engine is probably fine, and I'm still alive and the house didn't burn down. Once things went wrong, they couldn't have gone much better.

1998 Honda Prelude SH (
)

Old 10-17-2019, 10:51 PM   #55
98__SH
Lude Addict

Just thought I'd let everybody know, this car isn't dead.

Updates coming soon.

1998 Honda Prelude SH (
)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement