5th Gen_ #AcidDragon Our kinda stock build - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #1
DDCustomMods

DDCustomMods is on a distinguished road
#AcidDragon Our kinda stock build

This project build will be pretty exciting for sure! Picked up this 2000 Prelude from auction for $200. It is a Base model, H22a4, manual tranny. It was fairly stock with only a short ram intake and lowering springs put on it. Only real issue that was obvious was an oil leak.

After doing all the basic fluid changes, we got to work grabbing parts and replacing the timing belt and water pump! And doing the basic tune up!

Now that it's been tuned up! We drove it to work for the first time! Such a nice smooth ride.... just watch out for large bumps

Diving right into things, we begun to do some
customization. Painted the valve cover, power steering cap, exhaust shield. Then cleaned the engine bay to make it at least better to look at.

Got some lime green seat covers and painted the front grill to match the valve cover. We also ordered clear turn signals, as they had the license plate covering the missing signal lamp..... And it's starting to come together.

While driving home a few months later, the driver side fender harness broke loose and dropped on the tire. Needless to say it's currently up on blocks as we fix the electrical issues and more. We did get the speedometer fixed after finding some wiring issues.

Next post I will go over my plan for the lude going forward as I start building it into my daily driven show car.

Thanks for checking out our build and just remember to build unique!
DDCustomMods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2019, 01:34 PM   #2
DDCustomMods

DDCustomMods is on a distinguished road
Going forward, our plan for #AcidDragon is fairly simple and as follows:

We definitely want to change the color of the car itself, so we worked up a color palette, and ultimately decided on a nice teal color.

We also got a set of stock blades for $40 with good tires on them from the salvage yard. Plan for these is to polish up the face of the wheels, and paint the concave portion of the blades black.

I am debating on either polishing the AEM intake or painting it white. Then I will slap this AEM sticker I made on it.

So we turned to Google Sketchup to mock up color and tires to see how things will look

The valve cover will be painted white, with the spark plug cover painted teal to match the car. Calipers and front grill will be painted white as well. Also in the engine bay, I will be covering the fuse box cover with vinyl to hide the fuse locations sticker. Additionally, I will polish up the exhaust manifold getting all the rust and such off of it.

Plan for the trunk will be to use flooring to give a nice antique greyish wood look. Also the battery cover will be made with the same wood flooring. Also in the trunk for shows, as a custom PC modder, I plan on mounting a small monitor to the underside of the trunk, and have a prelude themed PC running showing pictures of the build and videos.

DDCustomMods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement