Coilovers - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:28 AM   #1
Felonous

Felonous is on a distinguished road
Question Coilovers

So I've been rocking some old coil-overs I got from the junkyard as a quick and easy way to lower my car but they're super rough and I always bounce around when I drive when I hit bumps, I was told form and "Form and Function Type 1's" where the best for my car but I recently found a new company "Gecko Racing Coil-overs" which I have heard are really good but they're pricey. But before I buy I was hoping to see which ones provide the smoothest ride when lowered and don't cost an arm and a leg.
Felonous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #2
Prudz_lude
Donating Mod

Prudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to behold
Koni yellow shocks with ground control coilovers. This has been discussed x100000000000000000 All the brands you just listed are Chinese brands, save your money.

/endthread
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Prudz_lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #3
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
Koni yellows with eibach prokit springs are great! The progressive springs make for a good ride during just cruising znd also sportier driving!

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #4
Felonous

Sorry I still haven't gotten used to navigating the forum so I haven't seen the recent threads. And I want to know if they're good for racing also, I like to race from time to time but I'm more centered at looks for the moment. and any information about these coil-overs would be greatly appreciated !!!
And a link to buy the whole set would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Last edited by Felonous; 08-26-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:03 AM   #5
Prudz_lude
Donating Mod

Prudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to behold
You have to purchase the koni yellow shocks separately. Very simple, search koni yellow shocks and order them for your prelude. Next step, search ground control coilovers. Find a set for your prelude. The greatest part is you get to pick the spring rates you want unlike all the junk you listed. Once you get the coilovers you slap them on your shocks (extremely easy) and you can adjust to the desired ride height you want so you can get whatever look you want.

There is a button that says search in the gray bar at the top of the screen. Don't click the google search bar, click the search button just above it. Use that search button to find more info on everything I just told you about.
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:36 PM   #6
Felonous

Is there any other kinds of coil-overs that are good also? Sorry I just like to know what brands are good and keep a smooth ride?
Old 09-02-2015, 12:35 PM   #7
Prudz_lude
Donating Mod

tien are a very good coilover. Really anything japanese made.
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

Old 09-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #8
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonous View Post
Is there any other kinds of coil-overs that are good also? Sorry I just like to know what brands are good and keep a smooth ride?
Ksports - I sell them(became a dealer when I worked with them to make the first full body coilover system for 88-91 Preludes) and own a set on my 3rd gen.

They have been around almost as long as TEIN.

Good warranty and customer service for support after your purchase.

Sample:

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

(Clik Here)
Email:

(1Funryd - H22 Swap) - Ludcifer - INX - MustardCat(B20a)
1funryd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2015, 08:40 PM   #9
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
Ksports - to make the first full body coilover system for 88-91 Prelude
Sorry Sean but that isn't even close to true.
They may be the most prominent around here but they weren't the first available.

Quote:
They have been around almost as long as TEIN.
Tein was founded in 1985
K-sport was founded in 1995

TEIN USA was established in 2001
K-sport USA was founded in 2003

Just some interesting facts on the timeline.

OP, you haven't said what car it is for, that would determine what's available.

Koni Yellows and Eibach Pro would be a very good option for anything other than a pure race car or something you want stupidly low.

Tein are good if you choose wisely as some of their stuff can be quite horrible.
There are other more exotic/better/costlier options if you want to go that far.

Of all the generic stuff available there isn't much to choose between them so pick what suits you best.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016, 09:42 AM   #10
dlb83082

dlb83082 is on a distinguished road
I put the Megan Racing coilovers on my wife's 2002 WRX and they are fantastic - they are the stiffer sprung 32 click ones. They ride stiff but still absorb most of the minor bumps. But it really shines in the twisties!!!! I found that they work so good at controlling body roll that they really could replace roll bar upgrades (adjustable camber and pillow ball mounts are a huge plus) Adjustments are super easy and I just keep the spanners with me - if you do get coilovers make sure they have separate spring preload and ride height adjustment - this is critical !!!!
dlb83082 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2018, 04:03 PM   #11
SC99Prelude

SC99Prelude is on a distinguished road
I just bought a 99 H22 its in great shape but the guy before me cut the springs to lower it. I want to do a coilover conversion but don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I saw yonaka coilovers they seem like good but want to make sure im doing this right since its going to be my daily
SC99Prelude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2018, 04:27 PM   #12
SupremeDalek209
Getting Comfortable

SupremeDalek209 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC99Prelude View Post
I just bought a 99 H22 its in great shape but the guy before me cut the springs to lower it. I want to do a coilover conversion but don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I saw yonaka coilovers they seem like good but want to make sure im doing this right since its going to be my daily
If you want to do it right than save some money and acquire some good coilovers. I got ground control X Koni Yellows on my Del Sol and they ride amazing! I am personally saving for some K sports for my 3G lude since that will be my daily. So just save up and get a good set; you wont regret it even if it costs a testicle. haha

My Del Sol Build Thread:

SupremeDalek209 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement