4th Gen_ neons Clean n' Mean Project - Page 39 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #951
neonxiii
Prelude Aficionado

neonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant future

Prelude of the Month
So as of right now I am trying to find out the mounts situation for a J32A2 6 speed swap..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
neonxiii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #952
2.2eg2
Lude Addict

2.2eg2 will become famous soon enough
thought hasport made them or is that just for the k?

┌П┐(_-)┌П┐
Damn e-thugs! what are you going to do? pop a CAPS-lock in my ass?
2.2eg2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #953
neonxiii
Prelude Aficionado

neonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant futureneonxiii has a brilliant future

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2eg2 View Post
thought hasport made them or is that just for the k?
For the 4thy? Yeah K. I believe they have 5th gen J mounts. I havent looked much into it other than the price for the complete swap which is in my price range..

Its just a juggle.. I could do this J swap and have it be well documented in my chassis, Or I can get an H23A and make over 300whp with a turbo and risk it blowing up within 30k miles..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #954
2.2eg2
Lude Addict

2.2eg2 will become famous soon enough
there was a sick sced j del sol at the echm. your lude would sick as hell with this sticking out your hood lol

┌П┐(_-)┌П┐
Damn e-thugs! what are you going to do? pop a CAPS-lock in my ass?

Last edited by 2.2eg2; 07-02-2012 at 06:33 PM.
2.2eg2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #955
neonxiii
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
The beginning of getting back all the parts I want for this car.. Starting with a minty VTEC EL Cluster Here are the before and afters

<3

I also wanted to say that I am extremely undecided on a motor right now. I really am beginning not to trust H motors.. Sucks.. Where els can I get a reliable motor? I dont trust ebay.

Last edited by neonxiii; 07-07-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #956
schmitty
Lude Boss

schmitty has a spectacular aura aboutschmitty has a spectacular aura aboutschmitty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonxiii View Post
I really am beginning not to trust H motors
How come?

- PM me if you have questions

be the change you want to see in the world
schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #957
psud3ity
Administrator

psud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to all
Yeah I can't agree with that statement whatsoever. They were great for me.

I'll be honest, don't take it personal, but my theory is lack of crankcase ventilation and manifold design.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

391HP @ 12psi - Soon to be 650HP

Last edited by psud3ity; 07-07-2012 at 10:20 PM.
psud3ity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #958
h22a_Tyler
RoboTron

h22a_Tyler is a jewel in the roughh22a_Tyler is a jewel in the roughh22a_Tyler is a jewel in the rough

i also had a bad experience with h motors. i just feel like they dont take care of people on the east coast.. got a bunk engine what was half a 4th gen and half 5th gen engines (open ended and closed deck) didnt do anything for me... lesson learned. and travis engine never ran right from start up. i had issues... I would also like to start dealing with someone closer to home that i can get to if i have any future issues.

1993 Honda Prelude Si

h22a_Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #959
Sex Panther
Lude Dude

Sex Panther is on a distinguished road
You should go F-series they love boost great motors for it except the f20b idk how well they would do under boost, But the h23 should still be a lot of fun, boost is just a lot of fun in general.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #960
psud3ity
Administrator

psud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to all
I kinda want to see the J.

You've done all the H22/H23 stuff.

Be the first man. I've never seen a 4th gen J swap. Plus you'll motivate me.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

391HP @ 12psi - Soon to be 650HP

Last edited by psud3ity; 07-07-2012 at 10:48 PM.
psud3ity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #961
Apex1972
Ludacious

Apex1972 will become famous soon enoughApex1972 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The beginning of getting back all the parts I want for this car.. Starting with a minty VTEC EL Cluster Here are the before and afters

<3

I also wanted to say that I am extremely undecided on a motor right now. I really am beginning not to trust H motors.. Sucks.. Where els can I get a reliable motor? I dont trust ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-98-02-Ho...ht_3282wt_1270

I got my H23 last week. it looks as good as anything from HMO. My buddy got a bad swap from HMO too. good luck man.

heres some pics of mine in this thread.https://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=354095
The main motivation to all of us,is to compete for victory.Its not to come 3rd 4th 5th or 6th. I race to win,as long as I feel it is possible. Ayrton Senna 1960-1994 3 time F1 champion powered by Honda. R.I.P.

Last edited by Apex1972; 07-08-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Apex1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #962
n0rmaL
I am Prelude

n0rmaL is just really nicen0rmaL is just really nicen0rmaL is just really nicen0rmaL is just really nice

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22a_Tyler View Post
i also had a bad experience with h motors. i just feel like they dont take care of people on the east coast.. got a bunk engine what was half a 4th gen and half 5th gen engines (open ended and closed deck) didnt do anything for me... lesson learned. and travis engine never ran right from start up. i had issues... I would also like to start dealing with someone closer to home that i can get to if i have any future issues.
honestly i wouldnt blame h motors, ive been there in person and i can tell you this, its a warehouse not a mechanic shop. i highly doubt they did that head swap there, im sure it came from japan like that from the previous owner... i think its all the luck of the draw just like any place , you get good motors and you get bad motors. did you guys ever try to call steve at hmo and try work something out? i know other people who got bad motors from hmo and steve switch them out no problem i mean with hmo its the warranty and customer service your paying extra for i dont know why you guys had such bad experiences when most everybody i talk who has bought a motor off them is very happy

n0rmaL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #963
neonxiii
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
All of their motors look clean. The fact is that the insides of the motors are definitely luck of the draw. Its not HMO's fault but they clearly say they compression test ALL of their motors. Mine definitely wasnt checked because it wouldnt have been sold to me. The smoke you see on the dyno runs is because of this issue.

Obviously im going to order from them anyways, I just wish I knew I could feel confident in what im geting.

I was thinking of perhaps a Type-S H22A but I need someone to fab me whatever blockoff parts I need to mount this H23 trans on there. And then theres the H23A which everyone now seems to be getting. I purchased one of these in the past from HMO and the timing belt was off a couple teeth. Again, luck of the draw but still an issue overlooked thats easy to spot.

J swap would be nice but I just cant see myself spending over 6 grand for this swap, I can easily build this H22A block for that much and have a much more fun vehicle to drive.

Decisions.. Either way the must be made..

Old 07-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #964
h22a_Tyler
RoboTron

h22a_Tyler is a jewel in the roughh22a_Tyler is a jewel in the roughh22a_Tyler is a jewel in the rough

lol at not blame them.... they could have made it right... i called several times got no help. like i said im going on my own personal experience and know what travis had for issues as well... luck is not something i want when buying a motor... The engine was hot spotting and obviously was not compression checked as well. I personally will only deal with people local from now on. It was a expensive lesson to learn.

1993 Honda Prelude Si

Last edited by h22a_Tyler; 07-08-2012 at 11:02 PM.
h22a_Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #965
neonxiii
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
I like photos taken by people I dont know

Taken yesterday @ Import Fest

Old 07-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #966
apexmen
Lude Addict

apexmen will become famous soon enoughapexmen will become famous soon enough
Was you cluster conversion done by using the full cluster harness from a 94+ ? If yes...was the whole thing bolt on? Considering that on mine too...92 Si cluster blows

BUILD THREAD
apexmen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #967
Steezer
Getting Comfortable

Steezer is on a distinguished road
dude that exterior is flawless. btw that front end reminds me of the transformer logo for some reason lol
Steezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #968
neonxiii
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexmen View Post
Was you cluster conversion done by using the full cluster harness from a 94+ ? If yes...was the whole thing bolt on? Considering that on mine too...92 Si cluster blows
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezer View Post
dude that exterior is flawless. btw that front end reminds me of the transformer logo for some reason lol
Thanks! I cant wait to finish it off like I want it!

Old 07-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #969
neonxiii
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
So today I decided to take a run down to Kinetic Motorworks to get a few estimates on a motor build. Im starting to think this H22 is just gonna get built up. Needless to say im extremely pumped up about this. Mike (the main guy I deal with) brought out this AWESOME side mount H22 manifold. I wish I had my phone on me to take a photo but trust me, this thing was a piece of manifold art. This piece pretty much sold me.. I told them I want to spend about $1500 on a nice custom manifold as well. Once I get the estimate ill post up all the numbers and try and figure everything out.

Also, while I was there I noticed a very clean red 5th gen. Of course being New Hampshire, finding any Prelude, clean or not is a unicorn in itself. The owner, Chris, was getting his fresh HMotors H22A dyno'd with his auto-x turbo setup. While I was leaving he had already met his goal of 250whp which is a bit more power than he was making before.

Ahh.. Nothing like stopping at a performance shop and having these things happen. Just gets me all pumped up agian about being a Prelude owner and knowing my car will be getting the treatment she deserves!

This is a photo of the manifold I saw

Last edited by neonxiii; 07-27-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #970
nordicBBsex
Sky's out, thighs out

nordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to behold
How does the charge piping get routed with a setup like that?

1965 Buick Skylark Sport Coupe V8
2014 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 4Matic
nordicBBsex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #971
neonxiii
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicBBsex View Post
How does the charge piping get routed with a setup like that?
Ill let you know when its complete. All I know is that im going to have a one of a kind turbo manifold. I basically get to design the thing! I have a few ideas in mind...

Old 07-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #972
neonxiii
Prelude Aficionado

Prelude of the Month
Pardon my crude paintshop skills.. but

too much? Just wanted to try something new. Champ white from the center of the main brake light housing up and black out below the reverse light which is normally just a useless red reflector.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #973
LUDE_4_LIFE
I am Prelude

LUDE_4_LIFE will become famous soon enoughLUDE_4_LIFE will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
^Not feeling that at all buddy.

2011 ZX-10R - 8.9 @156mph Mcintosh Swingarm, BST Carbon Fibre Rims, Guhl Flash, R77D Yosh, BMC, Bazzaz, 176whp

2008 GSX-R 750, R77 Yosh, PC5, K&N, -1, 131whp
LUDE_4_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #974
nordicBBsex
Sky's out, thighs out

nordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Ill let you know when its complete. All I know is that im going to have a one of a kind turbo manifold. I basically get to design the thing! I have a few ideas in mind...
I'll keep reading as long as you post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUDE_4_LIFE View Post
^Not feeling that at all buddy.
Agreed, a little tacky IMO.

1965 Buick Skylark Sport Coupe V8
2014 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 4Matic
nordicBBsex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #975
airlude1
Lude Addict

airlude1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pardon my crude paintshop skills.. but

too much? Just wanted to try something new. Champ white from the center of the main brake light housing up and black out below the reverse light which is normally just a useless red reflector.
Kinda makes it look like an accord!

airlude1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement