..::: 5th Gen Newbie - Q&A Thread :::.. (New Members, PLEASE CLICK HERE) - Page 3 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #51
Hprelude5R
2ludes 1s2000

Hprelude5R will become famous soon enoughHprelude5R will become famous soon enough

Posted for member Ark86

"Hey guys, I am currently running Mobile 1 5w-30 fully synthetic in my car. I feel better about doing this in the winter time here in Ohio since it can get pretty cold. Should I switch to 10w-30 in the summer? I know that 5w-30 should be fine but would switching between two viscosities be hard on the engine? Maybe I won't burn as much 10w-30? (I burn about 3/4 of a quart of 5w-30 in 3000 miles now, not bad I know but it could be better) Would it be ok to switch to 10w-30 in the summer or should I still stick with 5w-30? It just seems so thin sometimes...although they should be the same viscosity when warmed up right? (See the link JLude posted a while back about oil viscosities).

Thanks."

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Hprelude5R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #52
viclude00

viclude00 is on a distinguished road
Im a newbie with a 00 prelude. Im getting ready to add an exhaust and a intake soon and was lookin for some recomendations on some other stuff i should add on as well.
viclude00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2007, 08:33 PM   #53
Hprelude5R
2ludes 1s2000

Hprelude5R will become famous soon enoughHprelude5R will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by viclude00 View Post
Im a newbie with a 00 prelude. Im getting ready to add an exhaust and a intake soon and was lookin for some recomendations on some other stuff i should add on as well.
Check this thread for bolt on mods. <---blake's, you should listen to him,

As for intakes and exhausts, check the resource thread. There is a picture thread of exhausts, a thread for exhaust clips, as well as some clips of the V2 intake among other goodies.

All of which are stickies

Old 02-01-2007, 10:11 PM   #54
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

Cruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Cruiserdude

Yeah, the resource thread is the shit, many of us have spent alot of time putting together some great articles for it, so check it out.

As far as oil goes, yeah, you should be fine with 10W30 if ya want, hell, I've still got some in my car now. Though 5W30 would work fine, remember that non-synthetic 5W30 Mobil1 is the OEM Honda oil (you have to buy the Mobil 1 5000, everything else from them is synthetic).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Andrew-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'01 Premium White Pearl Type SH-ATTS Baby!!!

Click
to join the official Prelude Power Facebook group, we don't bite!
Cruiserdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #55
vtec_intentions

vtec_intentions is on a distinguished road
I have a question. My prelude temp gauge never went over the half way point. But now its going over the half way mark up about to the top of the thermostat on dash. This has not been happening all the time but it does happen when I am sitting idle for awhile sometime. But once the fans come on it goes back down to the normal spot. Is my thermostat going out. Thanks for the Help.
vtec_intentions is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2007, 02:03 AM   #56
Prelue

Prelue is on a distinguished road
Ok heres a question that I have for you guys: How much horse will the greedy bolt on turbo give ur lude? (the 50 state legal one)
Prelue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2007, 06:08 AM   #57
Hprelude5R
2ludes 1s2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelue View Post
Ok heres a question that I have for you guys: How much horse will the greedy bolt on turbo give ur lude? (the 50 state legal one)
225-250whp.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:01 AM   #58
98vtec
bangin' gears

98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec_intentions View Post
I have a question. My prelude temp gauge never went over the half way point. But now its going over the half way mark up about to the top of the thermostat on dash. This has not been happening all the time but it does happen when I am sitting idle for awhile sometime. But once the fans come on it goes back down to the normal spot. Is my thermostat going out. Thanks for the Help.
that or your water pump.

instagram - @850fab
facebook - @850Fabrication
98vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #59
vtec_intentions

vtec_intentions is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2L View Post
that or your water pump.

Thanx. I am wanting to do the work myself. the local autozone has the thermostat for about 12.99. but the online parts store has one for about $24. what is the difference if any. Also how would i be able to test the water pump?
vtec_intentions is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #60
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

Cruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the rough

Go with cheaper stuff first. First, make sure your radiator is actually full. Then make sure your rad. cap is working. Then, get a new Honda thermostat by PM'ing the pp.com user Honda4Life. If that doesn't work, PM him for a water pump. Don't use cheap Autozone shit on Preludes, Honda Genuine Parts ftw!

-Andrew-

Click
Old 02-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #61
RyanALLDAY
Lambo Lude

RyanALLDAY will become famous soon enoughRyanALLDAY will become famous soon enough

this is a pretty good "flick" for anyone new to watch:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

miss my prelude
RyanALLDAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #62
Prelue

Prelue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hprelude5R View Post
225-250whp.
will that be how much it gives you after you have installed it or will that be how much horse you will attain from it? (sorry for the noobie questions)
Prelue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #63
Hprelude5R
2ludes 1s2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanALLDAY View Post
this is a pretty good "flick" for anyone new to watch:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
You been clicking my sig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelue View Post
will that be how much it gives you after you have installed it or will that be how much horse you will attain from it? (sorry for the noobie questions)
That's what you'll have. Noob questions are fine, in this thread at least.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #64
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

itsdchlorine is on a distinguished road
im planning on buyina a new cat back system... how hard is it to install by myself and wat equipment would i need?
itsdchlorine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #65
redline88
Lude Boss

redline88 is on a distinguished road
it's not to hard...the hardest part it taking the old one off...i just take it to muffler shop....it was $25 to take my old muffler off and put my HKS exhaust on

TRACTION??? HAHAHA, WHATS THAT?
redline88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #66
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

really? 25$ thats not to bad actually..
Old 02-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #67
Chukkie
Lude needs a Diet!

Chukkie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chukkie Send a message via MSN to Chukkie

Most muffler jobs aren't expensive. The most expensive I've heard of one going for here was $73, which in the scheme of things still isn't that much to spend...

Everyone on this site should read this article, then think really hard.

Chukkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #68
redline88
Lude Boss

my friend got his stock exhaust and stock cat taken off and he welded a testpipe, got custom piping, and his muffler welded on all for $70 bucks

Old 02-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #69
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

o sweet thanks for teh replies
Old 02-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #70
RyanALLDAY
Lambo Lude

RyanALLDAY will become famous soon enoughRyanALLDAY will become famous soon enough

got my resonator removed for $30

miss my prelude
RyanALLDAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2007, 08:36 AM   #71
Prelude Prince

Prelude Prince is on a distinguished road
Fuel Filter

Hey guys, really like the thread. I wanted to know how to change the fuel filter in a 5 gen SH.

Also, I'm getting ready to change the spark plugs and I was wondering what brand of spark plugs you'll recommend. I read the resource thread but it didn't really say which brands are good for preludes.

Last edited by Prelude Prince; 02-09-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Prelude Prince is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2007, 09:05 AM   #72
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

The Helms manual has the procedure for changing the fuel filter, get it at hondahookup.com. You'll need a 14mm and 19mm Crow's foot wrench.

Get the NGK ZRF611's from sparkplugs.com. They're the same heat range as stock, except they're copper vs. iridium. Wanna know why that's better for your average street car? Just ask.

-Andrew-

Click
Old 02-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #73
redline88
Lude Boss

i found it hard to replace, so i took it to my friend..but if you dont have any motor experience then i'd becarful and take it to someone

Old 02-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #74
comebackid
toughnuts

comebackid is on a distinguished road

What have people used in the past to enlarge the stock intake hole in order to install a cai? i'm about to install mine but i don't know what to cut with or what works best.
comebackid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2007, 12:28 PM   #75
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

urm... to install a CAI in the prelude, correct me if im wrong, but all you hvae to do is remove the resonater and that'll open up space for u to slide the CAI right in...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement