..::: 5th Gen Newbie - Q&A Thread :::.. (New Members, PLEASE CLICK HERE) - Page 2 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #26
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

Cruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Cruiserdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdchlorine View Post
i need help...
i dotn know what:
1. a test pipe is.... a pipe that goes in place of your catalytic converter. It may be resonated or just a straight pipe, but it has no catalytic elements.
2. a down pipe... is a section of exhaust pipe in front of the cat that is not a part of your header. In a turbocharged car, its what goes from the turbine outlet to the cat, and on an NA car, its what links the collector to the cat. While some people refer to the header b-pipe (bottom half of header, before the collector) as a downpipe, our cars do not actually have one, as the merge collector is right before the cat.
3. an axle back... is the portion of your exhaust system from the rear wheels on out, including muffler. While a catback is considered a complete exhaust, an axle back is just a short section at the rear of your car. Basically, its just a new muffler with a short pipe already included so you don't have to weld the new muffler to your stock pipe. Can be used to improve sound in some cases, but does very little for power.

thanks for the help...
Fixed it for ya

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Andrew-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'01 Premium White Pearl Type SH-ATTS Baby!!!

Click
to join the official Prelude Power Facebook group, we don't bite!
Cruiserdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #27
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

itsdchlorine is on a distinguished road
hey thanks alot... for the replies really helped out... but dont cars in CA need catalytic converters?
or can i just take it out and replace with teh test pipe...
do any CA luders know of this?

thanks
itsdchlorine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #28
freakyflyx
Lude Addict

freakyflyx is on a distinguished road
all i kno is that test pipes are illegal in every state and every car should have a catalytic converter if you want ur car to pass emissions..i have a resonating test pipe(with dc headers and an evo exhaust) and personally speakin..it pisses the crap out of me.it smells like im definitely puttin a hole in the ozone,and itz too loud in the highway..i cant wait til i find an oem cat or a carsound cat..or a random technologies cat..any of those won't smell like crap or pollute or get copz on my ass for bein loud
freakyflyx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2007, 04:27 PM   #29
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

o icic... but if i bought a entire catback system would tat replace my catalytic converter? or can i keep tat?

PS... i wouldnt mind putting a hole in the ozone layer... its too COLD!... there was ice covering my car all last week... and i live in freaking SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA! jk
Old 01-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #30
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

Cruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
o icic... but if i bought a entire catback system would tat replace my catalytic converter? or can i keep tat?

PS... i wouldnt mind putting a hole in the ozone layer... its too COLD!... there was ice covering my car all last week... and i live in freaking SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA! jk
Well, in California I definitely wouldn't go with a testpipe. In fact, it can be hard to get away with even a high-flow cat there. I'd only go with a testpipe in states w/o an emissions check (like SC ). I don't have a cat on the SRT-4, but I plan to keep one on my Lude, as I want to get an Evo2 eventually, and don't want my car too loud or ricey sounding.

BTW, a cat-back does not replace your cat, just everything behind it.

-Andrew-

Click
Old 01-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #31
freakyflyx
Lude Addict

yea the evo2 sounds great with a test pipe i must say..it only pisses me off in the highway..i cant have a dam conversation w/o yelling...well to each his own..im done with gettin attention tho..dam copz..in verona if i get caught one more time they'll fine me.not kool
Old 01-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #32
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

That's the exhaust I want, do you have any clips of it w/ the testpipe? Did you ever have it w/ the stock cat? I plan on keeping the stock cat when I get my Evo2, until it wears out. Then, I'll most likely be going w/ a Kteller bolt-in to keep the drone down.

-Andrew-

Click
Old 01-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #33
freakyflyx
Lude Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn7MF1qaPYQ mines is pretty much like diz one here but noticeably louder..and if the sound quality was better u would notice the growling sound more..i luv dat..u notice it alot more in real life..and i did have it with the oem one..my cat died so i had to do a cheap replacement(resonatin test pipe)..soundsz great but it gets annoyin at constant 4000 rpms on highway..the oem was perfect..it growled,was enuff to set off sensitive alarms and didnt disbturb conversation in the highway.btw i've noticed dat my low end got a little worse though with the test pipe...something about back pressure..never really looked into it though
Old 01-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #34
98inthe530

98inthe530 is on a distinguished road
where is the ecu located? in a fifth gen 98 lude
98inthe530 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2007, 06:56 PM   #35
netzyo98
Lude Boss

netzyo98 will become famous soon enoughnetzyo98 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to netzyo98

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98inthe530 View Post
where is the ecu located? in a fifth gen 98 lude
Under the passenger's floor carpet (under the glove box) where you're feet would end up at!

^clickable to see the transformation [200+ Pics]

updated 3/1/2011

88 Si 5spd B20 Long Gone
netzyo98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2007, 02:18 AM   #36
98inthe530

anybody got the buddy club v con?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:56 AM   #37
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

hi... i wanted to know of any good scratch removers on the market....the previous owner wasnt too careful with the rear bumper...

also.. how can i remove the prelude letters on the back as well as the Vtec sticker withouth damaging the paint?

thanks for the response...
Old 01-23-2007, 09:23 AM   #38
chrisroncho
True Luder

chrisroncho is on a distinguished road
Automatic or Manual for a first car?
chrisroncho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2007, 11:22 AM   #39
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

thats an easy question... Manual all the way... its simple to learn and fun to drive... (well not in traffic, you need to be patient while in traffic) i think most ppl would tell u also to get a stick...
Old 01-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #40
qualude2250

qualude2250 is on a distinguished road
I think its sad how nowadays no one can drive a stick anymore. The guy who sold me my car didn't even tell me about my lude at first because he thought I would have wanted an auto. Its so easy once you get the hang of it. It becomes so automatic after awhile its as easy as an auto. Its so much more fun than auto. I would suggest reading the How to drive a 5 spd tutorial on this website in the articles section. I used this method on a friend of mine and it worked wonders.
qualude2250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2007, 01:26 PM   #41
hot_97_lude
Lude Addict

hot_97_lude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
hi... i wanted to know of any good scratch removers on the market....the previous owner wasnt too careful with the rear bumper...

The only thing I have used is "Scratch Doctor" and it seemed to work good, but only on fine or minor scratches.

also.. how can i remove the prelude letters on the back as well as the Vtec sticker withouth damaging the paint?

https://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255711

thanks for the response...
Read the red.

97 Prelude -- RIP 12/17/09
G35 Coupe -- Current

hot_97_lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #42
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

arent we the only country to have auto?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #43
98vtec
bangin' gears

98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all

Prelude of the Month
no

instagram - @850fab
facebook - @850Fabrication
98vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #44
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

5spd all the way for a fun, sporty, driver's car like these. Personally, I like manual in almost anything, but these are definitely cars to get a 5spd in if you can. And with Preludes, the auto's suck, anyway, just ask anyone who has one. Not that the car is that bad, but the SS tranny is weak, slow, heavy, unreliable, and completely prevents you from making the car any faster.

-Andrew-

Click
Old 01-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #45
98inthe530

i took off the metal plate and there are two square ecu looking boxes is it the one on the left or the right i need to splice into the one that controls the vtec

Last edited by 98inthe530; 01-24-2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: image did not appear
Old 01-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #46
ENFORCER99
True Luder

ENFORCER99 is on a distinguished road
Coolant/ Power sterring fluid?

im about to change the power sterring fluid and the coolant all i need to know is how much of each should i get? i cant seem to find it anywhere, all i see is people saying fill em till its full so if u know or where i can find out that would be great
ENFORCER99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #47
netzyo98
Lude Boss

netzyo98 will become famous soon enoughnetzyo98 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to netzyo98

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98inthe530 View Post
i took off the metal plate and there are two square ecu looking boxes is it the one on the left or the right i need to splice into the one that controls the vtec
can't see ur pics...but its the one on the right

^clickable to see the transformation [200+ Pics]

updated 3/1/2011

88 Si 5spd B20 Long Gone
netzyo98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #48
98inthe530

thax its installed check out my video on myspace.com link in my sig this web site has been alot of help
Old 01-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #49
itsdchlorine
Lude Addict

for those tat dont know... i was involved in an accident...
https://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256200
but my question is...

my 5th gen's frame is bent inwards... if u guys can make it out from the pictures..
so... is it possibel for our frames to be reworked/bent back instead of it being replaced...?
also... is it expensive to do tat?

Last edited by itsdchlorine; 01-31-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:31 PM   #50
borcth
I am Prelude

borcth will become famous soon enoughborcth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to borcth
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_97_lude View Post
My lude burns 1qt of conventional oil in about 3000 miles. I'd say that is about average for a prelude with 125k. I wouldn't worry unless it burns 1 quart every 500 miles or something. BTW, I drive like a normal luder, aka some vtec.

well, i wud have to say with daily driving, the usage of hitting vtec at least once a day or so...prolly about 3 months and im about 1/4 -1/2 down. Depends how hard and how often i hit vtec and my driving habits are. Sumtimes it never goes down or hardly and sumtimes its pretty low.

*Prelude Sold* 8/25/2010

borcth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement