3rd Gen_ H22 Swap Part Deux: The Remountening - Page 5 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:04 PM   #101
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

And it's done. The fan shroud got somewhat elaborate so it took me a bit longer to do but it is all together and I did a few mile test drive today - it was so cold I had to turn it down. I'm going to do a proper long test drive tomorrow.

Here is the fan shroud/air duct. I was able to fit one of my nice USA made 12" fans on the right and a cheap 10" on the left:

Clearances are quite tight on the car. I had to shave down the fan housings, hood latch + support, and P/S cooler fins to get everything in:

Also made a heat shield for the compressor:
MustardCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2018, 12:47 AM   #102
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

That looks great! I looked once but didn't find it. Where did you get the gold heat shield film? What is it called and what does it cost? Does amazon have it? Are you crimping your hoses or having it done. I think orielly's can crimp hydraulic I don't know if they can do a/c hoses though. I had seen some crimpers and the stuff seemed expensive LIKE a $100 or more for the crimper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2018, 02:11 AM   #103
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

The heat shield is this stuff from DEI: http://a.co/ceonHVi

Since I plan to do more custom A/C hoses on other cars in the future I just bought this complete crimper tool and die set: http://a.co/0vgCm8E

Old 07-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #104
MustardCat
Memento Mori

Oh yes my friends, I ran the AC, and it was good.

Did a long test drive in the heat (80s) today, black car black interior baking in the sun and I was totally comfortable. Even got stopped in construction for 10-20 minutes and everything was great. Car is far more enjoyable now.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:55 PM   #105
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

LudeAEM is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LudeAEM
Great job as always. I need to rig some aluminum side covers since I just put an ebay aluminum radiator and its a little shorter than stock creating some uneeded air flow bypassing the rad.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #106
MustardCat
Memento Mori

Did some quality of life improvements to the interior.

Added a cig lighter port to the side of the console area:

My roll bar slightly blocks the view from the rear view mirror, so I made a spacer to lower the mirror:

I welded some material to the gas pedal to push it out a little and make it easier to heel-toe:

Also did a video on the custom AC setup in case anyone wants to do something similar: https://youtu.be/gXvup7p4S1E
Old 08-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #107
Run_Away
Lude Boss

Run_Away will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Looks great!

I'm totally stealing the additional power port location idea.

Mugen pedal covers? How do you like them other than gas spacing, do the clutch and brake covers have any thickness to them? I've noticed a lot of stock bent pedals, some covers might add some strength.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:45 PM   #108
MustardCat
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run_Away View Post
Mugen pedal covers? How do you like them other than gas spacing, do the clutch and brake covers have any thickness to them? I've noticed a lot of stock bent pedals, some covers might add some strength.
They work fine but are mostly for the bling factor TBH. Grip tape on the pedals is just as functional. They do add some thickness but I don't know if they would actually make the pedal stronger since the lower half of them are just held in place with some double sided tape.

If you want to try them out cheap they sell fake ones on ebay for like $25 that are mostly the same as the real ones, just with lesser fit and finish.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:38 PM   #109
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Yes you are correct, the lude is much more enjoyable with having all the creature comforts working with a motor swap.

Last time I drove the lude with the AC and the it was a hot day 80-90 degrees outside the inside was freezing!!! I had to turn down the fan to 1 and even then the inside of the car was way too cold.

This while using the Enviro Safe refrigerant.
I keep telling people that this stuff is better than having to deal with expensive R12 and the inefficient R134 stuff.

Envirosafe is cheap and much easier on the system.
I would recommend it to those still using the old AC system.
But I also recommed that everyone who wants to maintain their stock motors and keep their AC systems, to convert to the B-Series compressor and modify the the AC lines and then vaccum and recharge with the EnviroSafe stuff.

Your system will be way more efficient and also last a long time.

Dave has built his own bracket on the B20a lude and either you can have someone make the bracket for you or talk to Dave about making it for you.

Once you change over to the newer AC components your AC should last you a long time and on the hot days you will be so much happier to drive the ludes 30 years later...

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

(Clik Here)
Email:

(1Funryd - H22 Swap) - Ludcifer - INX - MustardCat(B20a)
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2018, 06:47 PM   #110
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

LudeAEM is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LudeAEM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardCat View Post
I made a new shifter base that seals the hole under the shifter completely when used with foam.

Shoot me a PM if you'd make me one of these. I have put fender washers to raise the shifter but it hits the plastic shroud.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:33 PM   #111
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

bump

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 09-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #112
1funryd
Elite Member

bump just because....

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement