Yokohoma S.Drives 205/50R16 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Review Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Bearderator
xxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud of
Yokohoma S.Drives 205/50R16

Just got my set of S.Drives yesterday, and had them mounted today on my championship white SH rims(courtesy of 5spd5gen). Before these tires I had Altimax HPs(from the previous owners). Tirerack.com actually lists the HPs as being better in most every category, but I don't feel that is the case at all. The very first thing I noticed was the S.Drives are MUCH quieter, both at low speeds and on the highway. The ride did feel a bit smoother as well, however that could have just been me. Traction vastly improved. After I warmed up the tires I took them out and easily hit the same speed around turns that the HPs would start voicing their concerns. With the HPs I used to be able to get more than chirp out of second gear, but these S.Drives give a very short chirp and continue on holding the road.

I'm not going to rate the tires on a scale of 1-10 as I feel that only having 2 different brands of tires on the prelude since I've owned it isn't enough to give a proper rating. I have no idea what the difference between the S.Drives and the top of the line tires costing $150+ would be, but at $87 a piece at the time of purchase (May 2010) I am seriously pleased that I went with these tires.

Very simple, not noticeable lettering(from a few feet away) or coloration on the tires. Keeps the look clean.

And yes that's coffee on my sunroof. Just came back from a coffee run when I took the pic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 07:50 PM
True Luder

Prelude_racer06 is on a distinguished road
Very good choice bro on picking the s drives. One of the best brands we sell are Yokohoma at Discount Tire. I give S-Drives a 8/10 since so many customers love em, and for its price too. Another tire you should look into next time is the Yokohoma YK520's, those are awsome tires and I rate them a 10/10!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Opinionated Bastard

MommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to behold
I recently had a set of S.Drives mounted on my Prelude as well, I was kind of skeptical at first. Stepping down from Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's is kind of hard to do, but my set was shot.

I have about 150 miles on the Yokahama's so far, and i'm pretty impressed. They're much more quiet, soak up the bumps a little better, and look sharp mounted on the car.

I have yet to fully break them in and test the flat-out cornering (which means the most to me), but for now I will say that i do like them quite a bit.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Elite Member

Hookid is on a distinguished road
Those S drives will also last a lot longer than your GoodYear F-1s. I have owned the GoodYear F-1s, the BFG KDWs and the S. Drives. BFG were the loudest but gave me the best traction, F-1s were awesome but the life of them is really low, and the S. Drives were the quietest.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Opinionated Bastard

MommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to behold
I also went from F1 GS-D3's, I was kind of nervous stepping down from such a good tire- but price left me with only a few options.

After having these tires on my car for around 1,500 miles, I can say I am VERY pleased with their performance. They stick very well, have a very audible break-away point when you push them too far, and the price is awesome for the value.

My car is my daily driver and weekend warrior, and rest assured- I drive my car HARD. The sidewalls are fairly stiff, the rubber compound is great, and I will even go as far as saying they look nice too. Highly recommend for the buyer who loves to carve corners and still have a decent ride.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Getting Comfortable

eludeauthority is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude_racer06 View Post
...I give S-Drives a 8/10 since so many customers love em, and for its price too. Another tire you should look into next time is the Yokohoma YK520's, those are awsome tires and I rate them a 10/10!!!
currently running s.drives for track abuse and yk520's for daily driving! great tires, definitely recommend them both
Old 01-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Lude Addict

Lord of Darkness has disabled reputation
I love my s. drives.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Ludacious

rchid06 will become famous soon enoughrchid06 will become famous soon enough
make sure you rotate these tires often to keep the tread even... I bought my S-drives when they first came out while i was working at discount tire and loved them! as the tread wears down, you will notice they do not like the rain... In all though i would rate these tires an 8.5/10...
Old 02-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Getting Comfortable

Lude944 is on a distinguished road
keep us updated on wear i was thinking of the S-Drive for my next set. Had sumitomo HTR Z front only lasted 20K rear are still good but front are gone.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Getting Comfortable

rollidude89 is on a distinguished road
where did you buy your s-drives?? im trying to look for a place to
buy 2 .. i must admit my s-drives are awesome!
Old 05-29-2011, 11:34 AM
Bearderator

xxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud of
tirerack.com is where I got mine.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Getting Comfortable

Prim3tim3 is on a distinguished road
I was under the impression that the S.Drive was a summer/performance tire. Would it fit the bill as an all-season performance tire?
Old 10-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Getting Comfortable

Titotapatio is on a distinguished road
Thats good because I was interested in getting these tires for a cross country trip (FL TO CA) In March.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Bearderator

I would not consider them an all season. That doesn't mean I didn't use them all season though. They don't get much traction in the snow though, so I was always wary.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:14 AM

Topsecret79 is on a distinguished road
I so wanna get these too
Old 11-23-2011, 06:16 AM
Lude Dude

nickflanders is on a distinguished road
I have always wanted to try these. Good write up!
Old 11-23-2011, 05:40 PM
I am Prelude

xkjnboix will become famous soon enough
i put some 225/45/R17 ( oem tire size ) on my g/f's bmw but i also filled the LCA's with polyurethane at the same time so i couldnt notice just the difference of the tires. but i have high expectations from them . i havent heard anything bad about them. they feel nice and firm =P
Old 07-23-2012, 09:20 PM

dale9875 is on a distinguished road
I got mine from these guys and I highly recommend it. Great customer service.
http://www.*******************/home.php
Old 10-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Banned

Afdwerd is on a distinguished road
"I was under the impression that the S.Drive was a summer/performance tire." I totally agree with you "Prim3tim3". I also think that S.drive has a long life time. Anyway Some other tires are also good and efficient.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:05 PM

djeffers7 is on a distinguished road
I like the S-Drives but I really like the Falken ZIEX ZE950 A/S. It is a high performance, all season tire. They are V rated so not has high as the S-Drive but still plenty. You can check them out at my tire dealer online and see the specs - http://www.actiongatortire.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement