Falken Ziex ZE512 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Review Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Lude Dude
archie21 is on a distinguished road
Falken Ziex ZE512

These ratings are my personal opinion not specs, on a scale to 10 and compared to my experience with the same RIM size.

ZE512 205/40/17

Ride Quality:4
Dry Traction:7
Wet Traction:6
Wear:5 (~15000 miles mildly agressive street/track)
Price:9 ($55 shipped each so 220 total)
Overall: 6.2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 07:56 PM
True Luder

Prelude_racer06 is on a distinguished road
These tires are pretty cheap. Ideal for those who do not have a whole lot of money to spend on tires. Thing is with these tires, they wear really fast and pretty soon you will end up getting a new set in no time. The traction is "ok", road noise is somewhat quiet since it is a soft tire.

I agree with the earlier post above me. Ride quality is not all that, traction is ok during dry weather but during wet weather it is not so good.

So if you are on a low ball budget, these tires are ok to get, but if you have a few bucks to spare, I would go with a much better tire such as the khumo asx, just a few dollars more will get your money worth.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:45 AM
NOMnomNOM

Kyleb1115 will become famous soon enoughKyleb1115 will become famous soon enough
i have the ze 912 tires, they are similar to these. i like them, but they do wear fast also. still a cheap tire. the only reason i get them is because they are the only affordable tire in 225 50 15 tire size..=/ but they have treated me well regardless.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Lude Dude

tunerguy1989 is on a distinguished road
I think when you guys take into account your ride quality you should remember its a 40 series tire your not going to get much of a soft ride with that thin of a tire. Just my thoughts. Plan to get this tire but in 225/45/16. Ill post my opinion when I do.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Ludacious

Shocker5thgen will become famous soon enough
These are the only tires that I have ever had on my Enkei wheels. I love the way they look, they are cheap, and I have no problems with the wear. The wet traction sucks, and the dry traction is well......normal. They wouldn't be bad for a daily driver, or if your looking for that stretch look.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Lude Boss

fullthrottle_man is on a distinguished road
I bought a set of these in 195-60/14's for my 2nd gen. I thought they had decent grip in dry. Wet or snow might as well have ice skates on. Wear was....non-existant. In 6mos the fronts were nearly bald & that's only after about 5k miles on them. They haven't even lasted 10k miles & are pretty much shot & will have cords showing soon. I won't buy them again. No matter what the price.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:35 PM
I am Prelude

rev_rage has a spectacular aura aboutrev_rage has a spectacular aura about
you will be lucky to get 24,000 miles out of them, personally I think they are junk, but they do handle nicely for a cheap tire. I bought a set of 225 40 r18 for about 400$ balenced 4 years ago, and haven't even got 25,000 miles on them and they are completely worn out, also had a bubble in the side wall as well. the 912 version is that exact same thing just a higher mile tire

Last edited by rev_rage; 08-03-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Lude Dude

JDM_Nic is on a distinguished road
Just say no to drugs kids! These tires are pretty awful, not only is the road noise unbearable but their grip is far from superior. They're cheap if you're on a budget, but cheap is what you pay for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement