3rd Gen_ Black Majik Steering-H22 Swap....long story! - Page 5 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #101
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

LudeAEM is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LudeAEM
Thanks. If you're ever out in SC let me know. I owe you some beers. If I still lived in Indy I would take you to Muncie (home of Jim Davis) hahaha
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #102
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

Not a big update but one none the less. I took the car back to the tuner a few weeks ago to have him iron out the part throttle issues I was experiencing. They called one day saying the car just died while street tuning and had to tow it back. I didn't want them to diagnose at $90/hr so I had the car towed back to my place and thought the problem was the ignitor in the distributor as it would crank but not start. Just decided to buy a new dist. for $60 and boom it runs. Car is running really well. Pulls strong throughout the powerband and is a joy to rev out as it should be.

Replaced the coolant sensor in the radiator thanks to this forum and it solved my motor running hotter than it should. Thanks everyone.

Lots of things I want to do but need to calm myself as it can get expensive. Some mods on the list in the next year:

- DPHA Wilwood calipers (if it fits in the wheels)
- Since the motor burns oil I need to find a way to seal up the hold near the shifter. I can smell it after WOT.
- Replace carpet and floot mats
- MAYBE replace front seats with Corbeau GTS II. They have that 80s look and if I can get the seat a little lower that would make it feel sportier IMO. Stock seats are really good for an 80s sports coupe though.
- Low boost turbo setup?? Engine rebuild?
- LSD transmissions
- Paint job or vinyl wrap.
- Cage and find race it in a series for shits and giggles?
Old 10-28-2018, 11:56 AM   #103
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

Got the Wilwoods sooner than I thought. Ended up replacing the brake lines with SS and a new master cylinder. Brake feel is definitely better but its not an apples to applees comparison since I was running Hawk HP+ which has more of a bite than these BP10 Wilwood pads. Its more of a progressive pedal feel. Overall I am happy and the ability to drop in a more aggressive pad in 5 minutes is appealing.

Last edited by LudeAEM; 10-28-2018 at 12:00 PM.
LudeAEM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 08:24 PM   #104
imGenoo
Getting Comfortable

imGenoo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LudeAEM View Post
Got the Wilwoods sooner than I thought. Ended up replacing the brake lines with SS and a new master cylinder. Brake feel is definitely better but its not an apples to applees comparison since I was running Hawk HP+ which has more of a bite than these BP10 Wilwood pads. Its more of a progressive pedal feel. Overall I am happy and the ability to drop in a more aggressive pad in 5 minutes is appealing.

Gotta question. When you say apples to apples, you think the braking power is about similar when running stock brake setup with no SS lines, and hawk hp+ Pads? Also, how is it with multiple hard stops? Upgraded to DOT4 or still on 3?

I've been debating doing the big brake upgrade from Sean's thread, the willwood, or just getting suped up pads with SS lines. Obviously The willwoods being the more expensive option, but If you think the stopping distance is not "HOLY SHIT" worthy on a stock setup with just pads then it might change my mind.
imGenoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2018, 02:27 PM   #105
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

I don't believe SS lines will do much at all unless your current lines are in really rough shape. I think a combo of the new master cylinder bleed correctly and the calipers made the pedal feel firmer. The initial bite of the HP+ was stronger but with the current setup on street pads it can be modulated better I think. I don't have repeated hard stops but have taken it to the mountains and there is no problem. I think the current street pads are rated for a peak of 800-900 which would take some serious beating to get to. I'm running ATE type 200 dot4 fluid. I will be 100% honest and say I knew going into this it was mainly a cosmetic add for street use. If you do actual tracking (which I may in the future) its a good upgrade.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:37 PM   #106
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

Are the Wilwood calipers lighter than the OE ones? Do you know if they will fit under a 15" wheel?
MustardCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2018, 08:09 PM   #107
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

You know it seems like 15 might work. I remember 14"s were too small..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2018, 06:32 AM   #108
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardCat View Post
Are the Wilwood calipers lighter than the OE ones? Do you know if they will fit under a 15" wheel?
It should depending on the offset and spoke design. They say they fit under EM1 Si wheels. Your Konigs may be tough with that convex design. May need a spacer but not sure you can afford that real estate?

Since it gets rid of the sliding caliper bracket, they are a good amount lighter overall.

Last edited by LudeAEM; 11-17-2018 at 06:43 AM.
LudeAEM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2018, 12:57 AM   #109
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

Thanks for the info, I will have to measure the inside of my wheels sometime.
MustardCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2018, 08:11 PM   #110
Run_Away
Lude Boss

Run_Away will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Brakes look great, I didn't know they made a Honda-specific application. They're incredibly well priced too!
Old 04-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #111
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

Got moved into my new house and have been slowly getting back into cleaning thins up/modifying the Lude again.

Relocated coolant reservoir inside the bay behind the radiator (passenger side). I am planning to make a cold air kit so it had to go.

For some reason the PO removed the windshield washer tank so I bought one used and reinstalled.

New deeper horn on the driver side

EF civic side markers. Hacking up the fenders was 'fun'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0155.jpg (94.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0156.jpg (96.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0154.jpg (91.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-04-2019, 05:18 PM   #112
LudeAEM
Lude Cray

Intake on. eBay 3" intercooler piping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0163.jpg (99.4 KB, 6 views)
Advertisement