Check-In - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:51 AM   #1
fmn716
2G 4 LIFE !!!

fmn716 will become famous soon enough
Check-In

Hey Peeps

Been so long, how you guys doing any 2nd gen luders left ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW V8 1 Series
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fmn716 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2017, 11:33 PM   #2
86HPSi

86HPSi is on a distinguished road
Got one running here
86HPSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2017, 01:29 AM   #3
fmn716
2G 4 LIFE !!!

fmn716 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86HPSi View Post
Got one running here
Haha nice man whats you plans for it ?

BMW V8 1 Series
fmn716 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #4
86HPSi

Check-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmn716 View Post
Haha nice man whats you plans for it ?

To be a nice and peppy car. Iíll get a different motor for burning rubber. I just want to take care of the cosmetics and the small things. Tune up the motor, head gasket, grommets, plugs, wires, belts, pumps, fuel injectors, fuel filter, air intake, rack and pinion that doesnít leak where all the lines tie in on the assembly. I have a thread where I took out the transmission myself and gutted it, got it working. Waiting for taxes and Iíll go more in depth with the tune up. Any detailed threads here on depleting emission components to the fuel injection? Hereís a pic of the bay..

Last edited by 86HPSi; 01-17-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:41 AM   #5
rice_cracker
Hepcat

rice_cracker is on a distinguished road

Still keeping it real down under with the Weber Lude.

rice_cracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2018, 02:25 PM   #6
rjudgey
Prelude Aficionado

rjudgey has disabled reputation

Prelude of the Month
Usdm si

Nice looks in reasonable shape hows the body with the old tin worm?
As for emissions stuff not that much to worry about with the Injection engine If it runs well I'd try to leave it as well alone as possible and just concentrate on getting the engine oil and water tight and bit of a refresh if it's high miles e.g. rings, bearings etc. You can muck about with the head but unless your good with a dremel and have a fair idea about aerodynamics etc. I'd leave it alone just have the valve back cut matched to the 3 angle seats that are already cut from factory. A decent exhaust header and system, with a simpler intake and aftermarket filter makes the biggest difference before you start upsetting the injection system.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:25 AM   #7
86HPSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjudgey View Post
Nice looks in reasonable shape hows the body with the old tin worm?

As for emissions stuff not that much to worry about with the Injection engine If it runs well I'd try to leave it as well alone as possible and just concentrate on getting the engine oil and water tight and bit of a refresh if it's high miles e.g. rings, bearings etc. You can muck about with the head but unless your good with a dremel and have a fair idea about aerodynamics etc. I'd leave it alone just have the valve back cut matched to the 3 angle seats that are already cut from factory. A decent exhaust header and system, with a simpler intake and aftermarket filter makes the biggest difference before you start upsetting the injection system.

Got some rust on the top of the doors (small spots) and rear wheel wells. Could be some under the window trim I fear taking it off in case a clip breaks or something. Iíd like to have all the windows and door window trim rubbers replaced too. Could use a new paint job honestly. After watching and reading through the forums, Iím not interested in an engine swap. Get another engine, have it resurfaced, polished and cleaned. New gaskets and o-rings all that good stuff. New accessories and belts. Bisimoto cam and valve train. New bearings and pistons and o-rings for the block, stock crank and rods. Unless something arises. Slightly bigger throttle body, cold air intake, bigger injectors maybe fuel pump too. Then do the same with the engine already in it. Converting to OBD1 is still something I have not quite figured out yet, cause Iíd like to do Hondata and see how much I get naturally aspirated with all that.

Before all that Iíd like the suspension and all that done, get the car to handle well then add power.

Just want it tuned slightly and keep all originality, no lowering or camber or wheels or body kits or spoilers. Sleeper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement