1FunRyd - 88-91 Prelude All Wheel Drive Project - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:15 PM   #1
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Exclamation 1FunRyd - 88-91 Prelude All Wheel Drive Project

All Wheel Drive Project

After a decade of debate on the subject, 1FunRyd and associates are teaming up to finally produce another 1FunRyd aftermarket option for the 3rd gen chassis.

1FunRyd Performance is working on the: All Wheel Drive kit for the H2b and B16/18/20b kit that 1FunRyd currently supports.

We have already completed the standard B-Series kit project and here is my personal car below running and reliable.

1. Working on the rear wheel setup:

We are excited to finally start this project because the approach we are using for this project is to build my Custom Engine Rear Sub frame which will mean that I will be able to redesign my H22, B-Series and my future K-Series kit to accommodate all the engines and bring them higher up into the engine bay to allow for better ground clearances.
Stay tuned for updates as we solve one issue after another...

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(1Funryd - H22 Swap) - Ludcifer - INX - MustardCat(B20a)
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2018, 09:56 PM   #2
91PreludeJunkie
True Luder

91PreludeJunkie will become famous soon enough
Wouldn't this pretty much work the same as any awd civic converison? say doing h2b with crv components? or is everything going to have to be crazy custom? Was thinking of doing the h2b awd in the 5th gen.

91PreludeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #3
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91PreludeJunkie View Post
Wouldn't this pretty much work the same as any awd civic converison? say doing h2b with crv components? or is everything going to have to be crazy custom? Was thinking of doing the h2b awd in the 5th gen.
Has anything with the 3rd gen swaps been common? No.
So the same for this swap.

We are building a custom subframe to address many of the issues to accommodate this swap, it will not solve everything but it will be a bolt up scenario with the custom parts we make and it will allow for more flexibility to do swaps whether its just FWD swaps or AWD swaps.

If you attempt to do this on your own, without the correct information then this will be the most expensive thing you ever do with this chassis.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-03-2018, 06:13 PM   #4
91PreludeJunkie
True Luder

91PreludeJunkie will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
Has anything with the 3rd gen swaps been common? No.
So the same for this swap.

We are building a custom subframe to address many of the issues to accommodate this swap, it will not solve everything but it will be a bolt up scenario with the custom parts we make and it will allow for more flexibility to do swaps whether its just FWD swaps or AWD swaps.

If you attempt to do this on your own, without the correct information then this will be the most expensive thing you ever do with this chassis.
Gonna be an awesome project for later builds then. I only plan for a 4ws h series NA build for the 3rd gen. The 5th gen though, we'll see. Keep up the awesome work man. Gonna be second of its kind.

91PreludeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2018, 10:13 AM   #5
MG2
Getting Comfortable

MG2 is on a distinguished road
Any updates on progress?
MG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2018, 08:14 PM   #6
89lowlude
Lude Addict

89lowlude has disabled reputation

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
All Wheel Drive Project
my future K-Series kit to accommodate all the engines and bring them higher up into the engine bay to allow for better ground clearances.
Stay tuned for updates as we solve one issue after another...

So you will be attempting a K-series kit also?
89lowlude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2018, 11:19 PM   #7
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG2 View Post
Any updates on progress?
We got the bearing back for the rear knuckle and test fitted it.
That bearing will work for a hub we chose, however we are looking at other options to use to try to keep this project/skit more affordable.

Custom options are an option but we are trying to use OE options as much as possible to keep costs down.

We have started on the custom 1FunRyd Subframe for the engine to replace the rear subframe in the engine bay to all for better clearances and also to all fore future changes or add-on's for my swap kits and other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lowlude View Post
So you will be attempting a K-series kit also?
Referring back to my statement above with regards to a custom rear subframe has started.
The only way to make room and or stuff cerain motors in our chassis and gain better ground clearance without cutting the frame or the hood is to make a custom subframe which I have been talking about for years.
So we are making headway there.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 05-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #8
MG2
Getting Comfortable

Any new updates?
Old 05-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #9
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Any new updates?
1. We are 95% finished with the Jig to make my custom K-Frame to replace our stock one so it will allow more room and better engine placement for all motor swaps.

2. The rear knuckle situation is figured out to reduce overall cost to customer and me alike.

3. We are waiting on the rear diff that we are going to use on this project which is a Subaru diff. We are still going to get a spare CRV rear diff for those who want to stick with the CRV overall power plant.

4. Hubs have been figured out, just need to get them all done, but since that is one of the easiest parts we are waiting on that after we get the rear diff on hand.

5. The rear diff part is still on hold until we get the diff here in hand and then we shall be making progress on that.

We are moving on this, once we get our first prototype K-Frame done and tested in our current H22 chassis it will be opened to the public for sale.

So the subframe will be road tested first, and then as we get all the parts in to assemble the entire car, we will test that as well. The full testing will be done in phases as we make sure we road test all parts.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 05-21-2018, 09:46 AM   #10
MG2
Getting Comfortable

Which year & model Subaru diff are you planning to use & why?
Old 05-21-2018, 01:54 PM   #11
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Which year & model Subaru diff are you planning to use & why?
The subie diff is going to be a one off.

The main kit is the CRV/Element which we now have both in our possession.

This is the subie diff on just a comparison mock up.

As it stands the subie diff has a much deaper bell housing which means 4WS will need to be given up unless we cut the bottom of the chassis and make a brace much higher in the chassis.

For my kit I want as much bolt up and no cutting as possible since I am trying to make this a kit that can be installed by most enthusiasts with some basic knowlege and tools.

Depending on how we engineer it, there still maybe some customizing on the chassis side for the user.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Last edited by 1funryd; 05-21-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:24 AM   #12
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
So all that bitching about me putting a k series into a third gen prelude....only for you to come back 2 years later and do the same??tsk tsk Sean

with that said tho ; this is awesome!!!

ive been worki g on an adapter plate to mate the honda j32a2 v6 to the suburi awd transmission. Planning on making my 5th gen jswap awd.

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2018, 06:36 PM   #13
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouckarooo View Post
So all that bitching about me putting a k series into a third gen prelude....only for you to come back 2 years later and do the same??tsk tsk Sean

with that said tho ; this is awesome!!!

ive been worki g on an adapter plate to mate the honda j32a2 v6 to the suburi awd transmission. Planning on making my 5th gen jswap awd.
lol!!! The only reason was because of the engine placement which required cutting the hood.

But with my new subframe, that changes the game, and also increases the cost of the swaps now if anyone wants to do a swap with better ground clearance...

But I have not done the K swap yet so its still up in the air...

And to the J32a2 swap AWD...that is also awesome!!!

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 07-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #14
MG2
Getting Comfortable

Any updates on progress?
Old 07-15-2018, 08:22 PM   #15
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Any updates on progress?
Rear subframe for the Subaru rear differential is completed.

This is a one off, we are still making the subframe for the CRV rear diff for the kit.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 07-17-2018, 08:53 AM   #16
MG2
Getting Comfortable

Will 4WS be retained with either differential setup?
Old 07-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #17
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Will 4WS be retained with either differential setup?
Due to the bigger rear diff of the subaru, 4WS cannot be kept without sever cutting of the chassis which is no where the current customer wants to go.

The kit we are developing is mainly for bolt up as little to no modifications as necessary.

The CRV setup however will be able to keep 4WS.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 08-03-2018, 06:11 PM   #18
MtnLudes
Getting Comfortable

MtnLudes is on a distinguished road
So any idea on ETA for this kit? maybe early 2019? heading out tomorrow to pick up a 91 project car with a blown motor....AWD is a dream of mine
MtnLudes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2018, 06:24 PM   #19
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnLudes View Post
So any idea on ETA for this kit? maybe early 2019? heading out tomorrow to pick up a 91 project car with a blown motor....AWD is a dream of mine
We are still working out some driveline issues and rear differential issues since the current project is being made with an S2000 rear diff.

We have to put a holt on things until we get the gearing worked out due to steering issues with AWD.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 09-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #20
MG2
Getting Comfortable

Any more updates ?
Old 09-13-2018, 04:55 PM   #21
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Any more updates ?
Nothing of any significance at this point.
We are waiting on vendors to respond for some custom work that needs to be done.
They are backed up.

So it means we are waiting..

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 11-05-2018, 08:25 AM   #22
MG2
Getting Comfortable

Any more progress so far?
Old 11-05-2018, 07:57 PM   #23
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Any more progress so far?
We have the subframe for the rear done, and we have the prototype for the front K frame that replaces the OE K frame.

We will be test fitting things in the up coming weeks, we just have to get the NSX running first so it can be driven out on its own power.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 11-30-2018, 02:00 PM   #24
1funryd
Elite Member

This project is still being worked on just been delayed due to some other issues outside of the project.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 01-16-2019, 06:32 AM   #25
MG2
Getting Comfortable

Any more updates?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement