Houston area 2nd gens - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
prelude2life_85
True Luder

prelude2life_85 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to prelude2life_85
Arrow Houston area 2nd gens

where yall at? i'm the only guy i know in Houston that proudly drives his 2nd gen on the daily. anyone else here from Houston? It would be bad ass to get a meet going...
prelude2life_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
Red88Si
Lude Boss

Red88Si has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Red88Si Send a message via AIM to Red88Si Send a message via MSN to Red88Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec_boost08 View Post
where yall at? i'm the only guy i know in Houston that proudly drives his 2nd gen on the daily. anyone else here from Houston? It would be bad ass to get a meet going...
Right here, bro. Daily driven, only car I got =P. Let me know, I'm in the process of stripping my lude and converting it to a weekend street warrior, so it may be off the street for a while soon.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Red88Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
Prelude85
I am Prelude

Prelude85 has a spectacular aura aboutPrelude85 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Prelude85 Send a message via MSN to Prelude85 Send a message via Yahoo to Prelude85

Prelude of the Month
lucky bastard's!

i wish I knew of a local 2nd genner! =(

3rd and 5th gen owners but bleh what's the point. . .

Photoshoot if you guys meet up, if not I'm banning you both!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Archaic_Entity: Rick can't ban you. He's a mod, but he's about as serious as a Mexican on Cinco de Mayo.

O.G.Luden:Is a messican god! My future kids will write songs about him. The first born wil be named Prelude85.

kayla the geezy: Tu eres mi estrella.
Prelude85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #4
talon223
MK2 GTi Driver

talon223 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to talon223 Send a message via MSN to talon223

I've never seen a 2nd gen in person. There is a COMPLETELY restored 1st gen in town. It's an older guy and he seems really proud of it. He honks at me when he sees me.

I'd love to see a 2nd gen in person, so we should DEFINITELY get a meet going. My 5g is under the knife at the moment, but we have a lot of Texas luders.

talon223 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 AM   #5
jimmy__19
Lude Addict

jimmy__19 is on a distinguished road
weve got about 2 or 3 second gens here but there all crap! no body here seems to want to keep care of them! there all rusted out and stuff. well ecept for mine of corse:P. theres alot of 3 4 5 gens.
jimmy__19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
prelude2life_85
True Luder

well mine runs ok, but isn't in the best condition... in fact, its far from it. I was just wondering if there were any Houston owners cuz i want to start doing some work to it. Might be nice to have some help with it...
Old 03-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
prelude2life_85
True Luder

but anyway... if anyone wants to meet up let me know. I aint got nothing special on my lude, its bone stock and shit but it would be nice to meet some other 2nd genners.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:57 AM   #8
fullthrottle_man
Lude Boss

fullthrottle_man is on a distinguished road
At least you guys have some other Luders in your area! I have Knifemind across the state. But Montana's so big that the other side of Montana is about 1/2 way to Tokyo!

'87 Prelude DX
Believe me, it's faster than it looks...try hanging with me in the twisties...

Quote:
Aren't there like 3 people in Montana?

So that means what, 2/3rds of the population of Montana drive Preludes by my math.
fullthrottle_man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #9
talon223
MK2 GTi Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle_man View Post
At least you guys have some other Luders in your area! I have Knifemind across the state. But Montana's so big that the other side of Montana is about 1/2 way to Tokyo!

So that means what, 2/3rds of the population of Montana drive Preludes by my math.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:23 AM   #10
AJ06
8====D ---> ( | ) = win

AJ06 is on a distinguished road

OFFTOPIC:::

i will be in houston next week.

AJ06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2008, 01:35 AM   #11
fullthrottle_man
Lude Boss

fullthrottle_man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by talon223 View Post

^^Sig-worthy! hehe

'87 Prelude DX
Believe me, it's faster than it looks...try hanging with me in the twisties...

Quote:

fullthrottle_man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
talon223
MK2 GTi Driver

Glad you enjoyed it.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #13
talon223
MK2 GTi Driver

There's a 1987 SI in the craiglist for 600$ in Houston.

Someone should check it out.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #14
chrisedwards86
Lude Dude

chrisedwards86 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to chrisedwards86
the only other 2nd gen that i know of my town, the owner couldnt even tell me if it was FI or carbed, thats where i left the conversation. all the rest are 3rd gens
chrisedwards86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #15
hellbilly

hellbilly is on a distinguished road
i have a 87 si. pretty much bone stock. all i have done is remove the black box and put a small stereo in it to help with houston traffic. did the usual repairs like timing belt, water pump, belts, hoses, thermostat, clutch, etc. i need all new brakes all around and possibly a new clutch cable. but it runs strong and passes emissions great.
hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #16
talon223
MK2 GTi Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbilly View Post
i have a 87 si. pretty much bone stock. all i have done is remove the black box and put a small stereo in it to help with houston traffic. did the usual repairs like timing belt, water pump, belts, hoses, thermostat, clutch, etc. i need all new brakes all around and possibly a new clutch cable. but it runs strong and passes emissions great.

sounds like all you need

Old 03-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #17
hellbilly

well i am off to the junkyard to run down some parts for my car. i think i am going to try the pull your part place on shaver in pasedena. i have not been having any luck in the pick a part over near west road. it seems this is the only way to find some factory type parts for a good price.

on a different note does anyone have an idea of a console that will fit in an si without some major modifications. i can fabricate what i need but past a cetain point i could just build one from scratch.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:52 AM   #18
prelude2life_85
True Luder

dude let me know if you find any 2nd gens at the place you're going. I've had no luck finding them anymore in houston.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #19
rchid06
Ludacious

rchid06 will become famous soon enoughrchid06 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to rchid06
hey man if your looking for some houston luders you need to check out http://www.houstonpreludeclub.com

we are a pretty tight group of luders and we just had a work day meet lol.... check it out man!!
-Ryan
rchid06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #20
hellbilly

after some junkyard running i did not find a single second gen prelude. i did find plenty of accords with complete motors in decent shape. i was mainly looking for some interior pieces for my car.

i went to 2 places - a pull your part on shaver in pasedena and a pick-a-part on wallisville. the pasadena place is very well kept. it was mostly empty at about 9 am. the car were organized very well and spaced out unlike pick-part that smelled like an outhouse and was very crowded.

on a side note i am looking for the multifunction switch that includes the turn signal stalk, headlight switch, wipers etc. i found one a while back that was a little better but age and brittle plastic have won. i also need to see if i can find a decent control head for my ac system. i know its a rant but its on my mind as i type.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #21
prelude2life_85
True Luder

yea i went to wallisville a week ago and couldn't find shit. they had a blue 1.8 there in ok shape. did you not see it?

the turn signal switch you can get from a 1st gen integra, thats where I got mine from... or even an accord. they all are basically the same thing.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:52 AM   #22
hellbilly

the blue 1.8 was gone. most cars have a 30 day turnaround. i will be on the lookout for that switch now. i did see alot of second and third gen accords. the pull your part in pasedena was full of mostly accords and alot of ef civics and crx's. it seems like the preludes of any years are getting hard to find. even when i pay the extra dollar to look in the late model section.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #23
prelude2life_85
True Luder

i think you missed the blue lude man. i swear that car has been there for the longest...
and I think its stupid that you have to pay an extra dollar to get in the later model section.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #24
outlawstar0817
True Luder

outlawstar0817 is on a distinguished road
im from houston but own a 4th gen i know a dude that is fixing up a 2nd gen. hes gonna drop an h22 i think. hes on houstonpreludeclub.com about 2 weeks ago we just had a big workday/meet and it was nice!
outlawstar0817 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #25
hellbilly

i will tell you what makes me mad. i hate that you have to pay a core charge on stuff from a junkyard. i know it is for weight or whatever but if i want to buy an engine to rebuild or any major part for that matter i do not want to have to pay anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars extra. i feel they should be happy that we are recycling parts as a whole. but that is my gripe. i probaly would actually look harder for parts for my car but i drive a company truck and i do not pay for fuel so the car sits 90% of the time. i drive it to the store or to the parts house sometimes but if i have a choice i ride my motorcycle. in all reality the car might be going up for sale soon. i just have not put out the effort to clean it up and get the minor problems fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement