Want to install radio - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:21 AM   #1
Amuzerulooser
Getting Comfortable

Amuzerulooser is on a distinguished road
Want to install radio

Hey guys so im about ready to install a radio or dash in my my lude. Im looking at the wiring and it looks messy, not by any means an electrical guy so can anyone help me out here and tell me how to go about my next mod i have posted recent pics on this google link to help me identify my wiring issue, and where all my pix for the build go. Thank you in advance. Im just a bit confused and want a nice dependable radio or dash set up in my car.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PjfVLJAU9LunT6Xc7
Amuzerulooser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2019, 07:42 AM   #2
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion

Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
Are you keeping factory speakers or changing those as well?
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2019, 09:18 PM   #3
Amuzerulooser
Getting Comfortable

Amuzerulooser is on a distinguished road
Well factory doesnt sound too bad do you know if my car is set up for it wires didnt look normal there was a lot of colors were all messed with and had tips on em sorry if i sound noobish, any recommendations?
Amuzerulooser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #4
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion

Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
Looked over your photos.

Appears the previous owner completely did away with the original harness and ran individual wires to each speaker. Which makes things easier to install any radio - but a little more difficult for you to figure out exactly which wire goes to which speaker and which is positive/ negative.

If you're not familiar with car electronics - I recommend taking it to a shop.
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2019, 10:37 PM   #5
skissor
Getting Comfortable

skissor is on a distinguished road
Looks like PO had a system installed. All wires look like they are already run. Colors are relatively standard. Are there female plugs on the ends? Green, purple, gray, and white are speaker pairs. Yellow for accessory, red for power, black for ground, orange for dimmer, and blue is usually to turn on an external amp. The bigger gold wires are for subs.
skissor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2019, 04:11 AM   #6
Tommydh
Getting Comfortable

Tommydh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuzerulooser View Post
Hey guys so im about ready to install a radio or dash in my my lude. Im looking at the wiring and it looks messy, not by any means an electrical guy so can anyone help me out here and tell me how to go about my next mod i have posted recent pics on this google link to help me identify my wiring issue, and where all my pix for the build go. Thank you in advance. Im just a bit confused and want a nice dependable radio or dash set up in my car.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PjfVLJAU9LunT6Xc7
Theres a ton of stuff out on market now but depending on your budget or goals Pioneer DEH80-PRS is about the best single din out for under 300. Sony has a few nice ones and Kenwood and Alpine are always solid.
Tommydh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement