3rd Gen_ Black Majik Steering-H22 Swap....long story! - Page 2 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #26
ejd715
Lude Addict

ejd715 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ejd715 Send a message via Yahoo to ejd715
The Video as promised!

The smoke you see is probably from the fact that the motor has not run in 4 yrs. Probably has pretty dry gaskets.

http://youtu.be/vNcBSePl7TE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project Black Majik Steering
1988 4WS H22 Swap is running!!!
1989 4WS 27k miles all stock!!!
ejd715 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 03:16 AM   #27
ejd715
Lude Addict

Im just really happy that the motor runs now. I really want to drive it around my neighborhood, but its loud as fuck!!!! dont want to piss of my neighbors. Plus, the car is not titled yet in this state (still has IL title).

Now that its running, time to finish up the following:

*Power Steering reservoir re-locate and hose connections-once the fluid is all filled, i will put the belt on and see how well it works.

*VFAC-since i have an 88, in order for me to have VTEC, i need one of these.

*Exhaust-I have a Vibrant blackout muffler and a test pipe. now i need somebody to make me a decent looking 2 1/2 inch exhaust from header back.

*Speedo cable connection to tranny-I dont have the B20 or H22 VSS to make this work-can somebody create one for me? 1Funryd?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #28
ejd715
Lude Addict

I spent some time mocking up my short ram intake for the car. However, it started to storm like fuck outside, so i didnt bother continuing.

I decided since i wasnt doing any work, to fire up the car again. One thing that bothers me about it is the fact that my Rywire harness did not come with a Oil pressure sensor plug, so im throwing an oil light as well as a CEL (CEL probably from lack of O2 Sensor along with some other things).

Did all of your guys harness' come with the plug for the oil pressure sensor? Since i dont have this, will i EVER have VTEC? I think maybe a VAFC would solve the problem?

Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #29
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejd715 View Post
I spent some time mocking up my short ram intake for the car. However, it started to storm like fuck outside, so i didnt bother continuing.

I decided since i wasnt doing any work, to fire up the car again. One thing that bothers me about it is the fact that my Rywire harness did not come with a Oil pressure sensor plug, so im throwing an oil light as well as a CEL (CEL probably from lack of O2 Sensor along with some other things).

Did all of your guys harness' come with the plug for the oil pressure sensor? Since i dont have this, will i EVER have VTEC? I think maybe a VAFC would solve the problem?

Here is information from MustardCat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardCat View Post
As to the bungs: Stock O2, my wideband, and extra bung for tuners wideband. (I figure they would want to use their own)

No pictures today because it was mostly wiring. Started the car and drove up and down the block real quick, problems encountered:

Rywire harness not 100%:

The main relay uses ground 101, the one at the t-stat housing. The rywire harness has this location, but the relay doesn't ground to it anymore. So with no ground, the main relay doesn't work, no fuel pump and no power to the ECU. I did a quick test jumper today and tomorrow I will need to add a permanent new ground for the relay.

Need to run 1 wire from the alt. connector to near the fuse box, this is the charging warning light and rywire didn't supply it. (or even mention that it needed to be added.)

Other issues:

The left-to-right movement shifter cable is bad so I need to swap in my spare. This actually isn't the horror you would imagine because there is a lot more room to work at the lower firewall with the H compared to the B.

And the big one, cylinder #1 not getting any fuel! Need to run through the troubleshoot procedure for this.
Now he has the Milspec harness, do you? or do you have the old conversion harness? Here is his build thread, you might want to pm him if you have the same harness: https://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=351127

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

(Clik Here)
Email:

(1Funryd - H22 Swap) - Ludcifer - INX - MustardCat(B20a)

Last edited by 1funryd; 07-09-2012 at 11:38 PM.
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #30
ejd715
Lude Addict

I have the old splice and dice version of the Rywire harness.

I deleted my antenna today-put in a nice honda rubber cap.

I started the car once again just to hear it run.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #31
ejd715
Lude Addict

Old 07-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #32
ejd715
Lude Addict

first time outside of the garage on its own power!

Old 07-10-2012, 04:07 AM   #33
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Oh wait until you drive this lude, you will not regret the long wait it has taken you to get it done.

I promise!!!

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #34
ejd715
Lude Addict

Cut, painted (with high temp paint) and put on my intake. looks decent, probably cut a bit too much off the IM end of it. sits a bit crooked, but i will make a better intake sometime later.

This weekend:

Wire loom the dizzy plug wires
mess/mock up PS reservoir
source a good place to weld up an exhaust

Long term:
VAFC or chipped ECU
some new wheels ( going old skool for this one!)
UCA bushings (I have some new ones never used)
gasket kit
Ksport coil overs

Last edited by ejd715; 07-10-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #35
ejd715
Lude Addict

Im going to whore my own thread.....

Now that this car is running, it has really re-fired my passion for this car and 3rd gen preludes. I cant stop thinking about the future of this car and where i want it to go. Here is my list, both short and long terms:

Short:
-Chipped and tuned P28 ECU( so i can have mad VTAK yo!!!!!)
-Exhaust (custom welded most likely. I have a muffler and test pipe already)
-Oil pressure and water temp gauges
-replace 2 tires on the steelies (or just run my mint SI's for a while)
-new or repaint my valve cover
-UCA bushings (just need to install the ones i have)
-speedo cable issue (i think i need a new lower portion as well as both B20 and H22 VSS)
-tinker with the power steering lines/reservoir as well as replace all the hoses to the system-all are brittle as fuck!
-buy a new jack!!!!

Long term:

Enkei 92 wheels in gold
K-sport or Function & form coilovers
New intake

Im all in on this thing. Im not backing out now! Love this car!

Old 07-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #36
ejd715
Lude Addict

did the following today to my car?

*replaced the upper radiator hose-was using the B20 one, but it was old and dry. cheap fix with a 5th gen-just had to cut a little off.

*Loomed my dizzy wires under the hood

*Velcro'd the ECU to the mounting plate on the floorboard, since the P13 holes dont match up with the stock ECU

*gave it another wash and partial wax-looks pretty damn good for almost 25 yrs old!

drove it around the block actually-got through 3rd gear, but it is loud as FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKK!!!!!! im taking it to the exhaust place on thursday.

I forgot to cap off my PS lines at the cooler and near the shock tower. I had old ps fluid all over my alternator. had to clean up my driveway as well. opps.... I have to fab up some hoses so i can run the PS again.

more updates SOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!

Epic pic post will be next weekend (of both my 3g's)

Old 07-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #37
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
did the following today to my car?

*replaced the upper radiator hose-was using the B20 one, but it was old and dry. cheap fix with a 5th gen-just had to cut a little off.

*Loomed my dizzy wires under the hood

*Velcro'd the ECU to the mounting plate on the floorboard, since the P13 holes dont match up with the stock ECU

*gave it another wash and partial wax-looks pretty damn good for almost 25 yrs old!

drove it around the block actually-got through 3rd gear, but it is loud as FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKK!!!!!! im taking it to the exhaust place on thursday.

I forgot to cap off my PS lines at the cooler and near the shock tower. I had old ps fluid all over my alternator. had to clean up my driveway as well. opps.... I have to fab up some hoses so i can run the PS again.

more updates SOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!

Epic pic post will be next weekend (of both my 3g's)
You just wait until you get an exhaust on their, and then open her up, its going to be fun!!!!

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 07-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #38
ejd715
Lude Addict

Im most likely going to have the car towed to the exhaust place across town. Once its ready, time to title her in NM (still has clean IL title).

Next week, purchase a chipped/tuned P28.

Cant wait to get this thing legal on the streets!

Old 07-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #39
lude_rider89
True Luder

lude_rider89 is on a distinguished road
Nice and looks sweet bro

Like us on Facebook. ...
lude_rider89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #40
ejd715
Lude Addict

exhaust and titling getting done tomorrow!!! then she is on the streets!

Also purchased a chipped/tuned P28 ECU.

I cant WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #41
ejd715
Lude Addict

I had the car towed to the exhaust place today. Im also going to have the brake master cylander and booster replaced-leaking like crazy!

probably also having the oil pan gasket replaced, since the header is coming off for repainting.

I will be without the car for about 2 weeks-progress to be posted soon!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #42
Project_Prelude
True Luder

Project_Prelude is on a distinguished road
Nice build man! Are you still looking for the h22 speedo stuff? If so PM me what you need I have a complete parts car that might have what you need.

My V8 MKiii Supra Build Thread
Project_Prelude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #43
netzyo98
Lude Boss

netzyo98 will become famous soon enoughnetzyo98 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to netzyo98

Prelude of the Month
glad to hear you got the lude up and running. sounds great on the video.

For ideas on the power steering stuff, click on my cardomain link below and go to one of the last pages. (saw you posted on my page, i've been away for a while)
Can't wait to hear what it sounds like with the new exhaust.

^clickable to see the transformation [200+ Pics]

updated 3/1/2011

88 Si 5spd B20 Long Gone
netzyo98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #44
ejd715
Lude Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by netzyo98 View Post
glad to hear you got the lude up and running. sounds great on the video.

For ideas on the power steering stuff, click on my cardomain link below and go to one of the last pages. (saw you posted on my page, i've been away for a while)
Can't wait to hear what it sounds like with the new exhaust.
Excellent pics!!!! Any way you could fab me up one of those sweet brackets? Of course, for a small fee

Old 07-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #45
netzyo98
Lude Boss

netzyo98 will become famous soon enoughnetzyo98 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to netzyo98

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Excellent pics!!!! Any way you could fab me up one of those sweet brackets? Of course, for a small fee
lol. Its really not that hard to do. I made it from card board first, then hacked it out.

I prob could, but it will take me forever cause I barely have time for anything

^clickable to see the transformation [200+ Pics]

updated 3/1/2011

88 Si 5spd B20 Long Gone
netzyo98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #46
ejd715
Lude Addict

Update:

Exhaust is taking longer than expected. The guy that does all the custom work is somewhat behind with his work, since he was on vacation for a week

I also got a B20A5 VSS that i need to adapt to the H22. One of the guys that did this swap did a hybrid VSS. However, the pictures are gone. I need some advice how to do this, so i can have a working speedometer.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #47
1funryd
Elite Member

Quote:
Update:

Exhaust is taking longer than expected. The guy that does all the custom work is somewhat behind with his work, since he was on vacation for a week

I also got a B20A5 VSS that i need to adapt to the H22. One of the guys that did this swap did a hybrid VSS. However, the pictures are gone. I need some advice how to do this, so i can have a working speedometer.
Brotha, just take your OEM VSS and stick it in and clip the cable on and Bam!!! Working speedometer.

It will not come out.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 09-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #48
ejd715
Lude Addict

Pissed off update........

Man this is stupid. So, the place i took the car in for called me friday to tell me that the exhaust and brake work (master cylinder and booster) were finished. So, I get there and the guy tells me "hey let me show you the work we did" we go out to pull the car on the rack and the f'ing brakes are locked up!!! Either one of his assistants pulled the ebrake too hard or there is a leak in one of the brake lines. WML........

on the plus side, the exhaust looks and sounds great! i was very happy with that!

Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #49
Sean628
Lude Addict

Sean628 is on a distinguished road
need a lot more pics when u got this thing registered lol
Old 09-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #50
ejd715
Lude Addict

Good update:

So, the guy that is doing my brakes and exhaust work called me on my way home from work tonight. apparently, when he did the brake booster/master cylinder, he didnt flush all the fluid out. the stuff that was in the car was WAY old. it was so old that when it got hot, it expanded in the lines, causing the brakes to engage. SO, he flushed/filled the system and all is good!

I get the car back tomorrow eve

Watch for EPIC PICTURE POST THIS WEEKEND!!!! I CANT WAIT!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement