3rd gen, 5th gen, and... I'm not sure what it was... - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-28-2004, 11:28 AM   #1
liquid51

liquid51 is on a distinguished road
3rd gen, 5th gen, and... I'm not sure what it was...

I saw this funky looking chop top, late 80's/early 90's import thing (that's the best description I can give) ahead of me on the freeway. So I sped up to get a better look. It was about 4 ft high at it's highest point, had a bunch of holes in the rear bumper (like, intentional holes, put there with a 4 inch hole saw) and a 4" tip (sorry about all the 4's). Then from behind me comes a 5th gen; nice wheels, decent body kit (if you like kits), nice paint, a big tip, and a greddy sticker in back. Pretty decent looking 5th gen all in all.
So they both are in front now, side by side, with me trailing a few lengths back. The nice puff of black smoke and angry bumble bee sound from the chop top let me knew they were going. So I dropped to 4th and let it rip too.
Now up to this point I was pretty excited. i've never raced a 5th gen before and was curious how I would do (wasn't too concerned with the, umm, other thing).
I closed the gap, passed them both, and pulled at least 5 or 6 lengths pretty quickly. I must of been at about 130 or 140 so I let off.
Then the whole adrenalin catching up thing, y'know, your foot starts shaking and you have a big smile on your face (I rarely race on the street, and never that fast). Twas a nice drive home
liquid51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2004, 11:52 AM   #2
David Mansfield
Elite Member

David Mansfield is on a distinguished road

Prelude of the Month

looks around... Where is that damn bs flag when you need one!!! A 3rd gen passing a 5th gen and doing 140.... huh. LOL I would like to see that!!

Edit... OK I Take all that back!! didnt see it was a h22 3rd gen. NICE KILL!!!

91 Si W/ABS & 4WS
94 Accord lip kit moulded and painted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

April 2007 Prelude of the Month!

See the rest of the pics here!
David Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2004, 01:45 PM   #3
milelin

milelin is on a distinguished road
^^He has an H22 under his hood
milelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2004, 01:49 PM   #4
BlueLudeDude

BlueLudeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Mansfield
looks around... Where is that damn bs flag when you need one!!! A 3rd gen passing a 5th gen and doing 140.... huh. LOL I would like to see that!!

my bros old 89si auto did 140 a few times
BlueLudeDude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2004, 02:01 PM   #5
89si
I am Prelude

89si is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Mansfield

thanks for paying attention to details skip,..
89si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2004, 01:42 PM   #6
liquid51

liquid51 is on a distinguished road
well, I suppose if you haven't been on the board for quite some time (or you just don't frequent the 3rd gen forum), you might not know. Yeah, I have a Euro R h22.
But that 5th gen was so far behind me, it must've been an auto, or something. Definately not sporting any greddy equipment as supposed by the sticker.
liquid51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement