What I Did to the Prelude Today - Page 328 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #8176
10k_pos
Lude Boss

10k_pos is on a distinguished road
Thanks andrew, so custom or wrapped.... I have some unused bolt holes around that area so Ill fab up a sheild and wrap it hahaha.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
10k_pos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #8177
luzer
Elite Member

luzer has a spectacular aura aboutluzer has a spectacular aura aboutluzer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k_pos View Post
Does the stock heat shield work with pacesetter header? Or should I wrap it? I don't like the thought of wrapping cause of the horror stories.

What horror stories? I've been using wrapped headers on my Chevy truck for years. And the OBX header on my lude is wrapped too.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #8178
10k_pos
Lude Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzer View Post
What horror stories? I've been using wrapped headers on my Chevy truck for years. And the OBX header on my lude is wrapped too.
The ones where wraps caused cracks and splits, I know it doesn't happen all the time, mostly caused by not knowing what ones doing (me), are your headers stainless? Mines a mild steel which is where I mostly see the problems. I watched my neighbor unwrap his, which came out in chunks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #8179
10k_pos
Lude Boss

Got my oil cooler hose replaced, then I seen a white 90-91 with a body kit and possibly 18" multi spoke rims turn around at little ceasars. Why you ignore me braaahh? Lol

Old 12-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #8180
Mahusay3g
I am Prelude

Mahusay3g will become famous soon enough
Not prelude related, but I bought a spare 2jz, and found rat shit inside cylinder 1

I drive a Lexus land yacht now.
Mahusay3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #8181
10k_pos
Lude Boss

Lol rat shit=more compression!

Old 12-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #8182
Mahusay3g
I am Prelude

Mahusay3g will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Lol rat shit=more compression!

LOL definately surprising when we pulled the head off. That engine is at the machine shop right now. Everything was still in factory spec, so aside from the rat crap, I came out okay.

ACL main and rod bearings
ARP rod and head bolts
cometic mls head gasket
knife edged, polished, and balanced crank.
everything hot tanked
Milled head
5 angle valve job
port and polish

Looking for 400hp with low boost.

I drive a Lexus land yacht now.
Mahusay3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #8183
luzer
Elite Member

luzer has a spectacular aura aboutluzer has a spectacular aura aboutluzer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
The ones where wraps caused cracks and splits, I know it doesn't happen all the time, mostly caused by not knowing what ones doing (me), are your headers stainless? Mines a mild steel which is where I mostly see the problems. I watched my neighbor unwrap his, which came out in chunks.

I don't think I would wrap a mild steel header. It seems like it would trap moisture when the exhaust is cold, and then promote rust.

Yes, mine is stainless (OBX). I haven't read anything bad about wrapping stainless headers. Do you have anything you could link?
Old 12-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #8184
10k_pos
Lude Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzer View Post
I don't think I would wrap a mild steel header. It seems like it would trap moisture when the exhaust is cold, and then promote rust.

Yes, mine is stainless (OBX). I haven't read anything bad about wrapping stainless headers. Do you have anything you could link?
http://www.google.com/search?site=&s...11.nb7g0WSyIVM

Ill let you go from there lol
Stainless seems to be fine when wrapped, its the mild steel headers like my pacesetter that have the problems.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #8185
Andrew
I am Prelude

Andrew has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew has a spectacular aura about

Prelude of the Month
I don't like bumper stickers and this won't probably stay on very long, but it's funny because I live maybe 2000 miles from the nearest Buc-ee's.

instagram: @

Quote:
I think in '87 the engineers at Honda got the bean counters drunk on sake before having them sign off on the Prelude design.
"W-wait! Why are the shifter cables adjustable? No one is ever going to..."
"A toast to your health!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #8186
CrEEpn-BA4
Elite Member

CrEEpn-BA4 is on a distinguished road

Added the window visors and anti-glare mirror tint today.
Also installed a set of component speakers ,still working to finish hiding wires.
The mirror tint is a darker blue than I expected so not sure how long I'll keep that on.

CrEEpn-BA4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #8187
Andrew
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Nice!! Thanks for reminding me I want a pair of those.

Quote:
I think in '87 the engineers at Honda got the bean counters drunk on sake before having them sign off on the Prelude design.
"A toast to your health!
Old 01-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #8188
10k_pos
Lude Boss

Thats a huge cock!

Someone should caption this for my sig.

Last edited by 10k_pos; 01-03-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #8189
mar_phi6
Lude Cray

mar_phi6 is on a distinguished road
worked on the lude and have to replace the headgasket errr. what else should I replace while im taking it apart.
mar_phi6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #8190
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar_phi6 View Post
worked on the lude and have to replace the headgasket errr. what else should I replace while im taking it apart.
not sure if your taking off the im but if you do I would buy new paper gaskets for it. Heard their usually torn once split open.

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 02:08 AM   #8191
10k_pos
Lude Boss

MEH... not to shabby I'll keep trying.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #8192
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #8193
Andrew
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month

Quote:
"A toast to your health!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #8194
TripleLude
Prelude Aficionado

TripleLude has a spectacular aura aboutTripleLude has a spectacular aura about
Installed new exhaust rear section and muffler for about $35 total after my AutoZone discount and rewards store credit. This was more of an impulse temporary fix until I build my full exhaust.

- Thrush Turbo muffler from AutoZone (2.5" OD, 2.125" ID).
- 2.25" Strait-pipe.
- 2.25" Flexible pipe.
- 3x Exhaust clamps.
-1x Universal exhaust hanger.

Original Problem: Magnaflow catalytic converter apparently melted and blew chunks into the old Flowmaster muffler and rear section. I could hear the shit rattle around inside when driving or just kicking the muffler with my foot. It would randomly lose top end and I could hear a noise from it like gasses were being forced through the mid-pipe somewhere. Turns out, the resonator has a bunch of holes rusted through now too. When I pulled the old muffler and rear section, there was a lot of small shrapnel and some larger pieces rattling around inside.

Now, it has a very low, vintage rumble sound to it. I was hoping it would quiet down some, but it only hushed the mids and highs. The low sound is still a bit loud. Fast though. It revs up to redline in a split second now when the secondary IAB's open.

Here is what I'd like to buy in the next couple months or so:

Resonator Flowtech Red Hots Mufflers 50252FLT $19
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bi...2flt/overview/

2.5" Cherry Bomb Mandrel Bends 320465 $14
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/imm-320465/overview/

2.5" Strait-Pipe 4 ft Summit Racing® Exhaust Tubing SUM-640025-1 $14
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/su...25-1/overview/

Universal Walker Exhaust Hangers 35005 $3/ea for 3x or 4x
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-35005/overview/

Possibly a couple of these connecting the rear section up:
2.5" Summit Racing® Band Clamps SUM-693250 $6.97

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-693250/overview/

Also maybe a cheap adapter to reduce from 2.5" to the 2.25" rear section. After I square away all that, I hope to be making more money and I can buy this:

QTP QTEC25CPS 2.5" Electric Exhaust Valve & SS Cutout $222
Amazon Amazon

^I would wire the B20a5's IAB solenoid to a relay that would activate give me full open downpipe at 4500 RPM's. Well, I might put a resonator on it or something else. I would also flatten out a pipe and have it exhaust out to the right-rear wheel.

|
|
|
|
|
|
TripleLude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #8195
10k_pos
Lude Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SE Lude View Post
Are you implying something... Lol

Old 01-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #8196
10k_pos
Lude Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I like it, I couldn't get it to load a bit ago

Old 01-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #8197
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Quote:
Also maybe a cheap adapter to reduce from 2.5" to the 2.25" rear section.
So you plan to go down in size? Not a good way to do things.

Quote:
^I would wire the B20a5's IAB solenoid to a relay that would activate give me full open downpipe at 4500 RPM's.
All that time/effort/money just to make a lot more noise?

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
Old 01-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #8198
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

Quote:
Are you implying something... Lol
I think it was an inference rather than an implication

Or maybe just an observation.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #8199
TripleLude
Prelude Aficionado

TripleLude has a spectacular aura aboutTripleLude has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
So you plan to go down in size? Not a good way to do things.

All that time/effort/money just to make a lot more noise?
Yep I'd reduce in size until I buy a muffler that is 2.5". No sense in having all that 2.5" pipe and no muffler, right?

More noise is better for everything

|
|
|
|
|
|
TripleLude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #8200
10k_pos
Lude Boss

Quote:
I think it was an inference rather than an implication

Or maybe just an observation.
My heart hurts now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement