Honda Prelude Forum banner

Super Cheap Mad Simple 10min Sleepy Eye Mod!

9K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  luzer 
#1 ·
I'm gonna start this off with an apology on the pics. It was dark and all i had was my phone. If anyone else does this feel free to take some shots and i'll replace mine with yours!

To start off, i dont have fogs. thats the main thing here. if you want to use your fogs, you can do the same thing, just provide your own separate switch.

Step 1. Cut a wire about 2 inches long.

step 2. remove the block that your headlight up/down switch and fog switch are mounted in.

step 3. about 3/4 of an inch from the plug on the up/down cut the top wire on the right. i forget the color. (its the power wire for the up motion) feel free to send me the wire color so i can add it in.

step 4. solder the wire on the plug side to the empty prong on the foglight switch.

step 5. crimp your 2" wire to the side of the power wire coming from the dash. then solder it to the other prong on the fog switch.

TA DA!
it should look like this. (again sorry for the pic)

Now, essentially what you're doing is using the foglight switch to cut power to the motor when its in the up motion. the easy way i found, is to cut the fog switch to off. flip the headlight switch up, then bump the fog switch till they're where you want. THEN turn on the headlights. it sounds complicated, but really it only took me about 10 mins.

Good Luck!

See less See more
#9 ·
Yes, if you flip the fog switch to on, its like its not even there cause you complete the circuit.. your headlight switch on the column still has full functionality.

And no, i would NEVER drive like this at night.. its just for looks in the day, and at meets and photoshoots.

#8 ·
Thumbs up bro!

#13 ·
instead of a switch or inline between the switches couldent you use a knob like the dimmer knob for the int lights to "dial" in where you want your headlights.turn the knob all the way one way and the headlights are all the way up and the other there all th way down. then you easly have every position inbettween

#14 ·
In simple terms..
no you can't.

#15 ·
QUOTE=gtmst3;2755924]instead of a switch or inline between the switches couldent you use a knob like the dimmer knob for the int lights to "dial" in where you want your headlights.turn the knob all the way one way and the headlights are all the way up and the other there all th way down. then you easly have every position inbettween[/QUOTE]

This would be a killer idea..too bad electronicly speaking it wouldnt work.

But yeah i deff agree you shouldnt drive at night with this mod..mabe at sunset or something. But i actually cant wait to do this to my lude. I got a question tho. How hard is it to get it in the position you want(the light) cause i mean i guess you gotta flip the fog switch when you think its good. But then if you dont like the angle you gotta do it again lol. Also after you get em in the position you want using the switches by the cluster, if you turn your lights off via the knob on the steering collum dose it flip the lights back down?

#17 ·
QUOTE=gtmst3;2755924]instead of a switch or inline between the switches couldent you use a knob like the dimmer knob for the int lights to "dial" in where you want your headlights.turn the knob all the way one way and the headlights are all the way up and the other there all th way down. then you easly have every position inbettween
This would be a killer idea..too bad electronicly speaking it wouldnt work.

But yeah i deff agree you shouldnt drive at night with this mod..mabe at sunset or something. But i actually cant wait to do this to my lude. I got a question tho. How hard is it to get it in the position you want(the light) cause i mean i guess you gotta flip the fog switch when you think its good. But then if you dont like the angle you gotta do it again lol. Also after you get em in the position you want using the switches by the cluster, if you turn your lights off via the knob on the steering collum dose it flip the lights back down?[/QUOTE]

its not hard. best way is to leave the circuit broken when you flip the up switch. then bump the fog switch. it takes a couple tries. but when you get used to it its easy. i normally get it on the first try. and thats why in the pic i have my headlights on. after you get the lights where you want them. just turn the switch on the column and the lights will come on and they'll stay lazy

and no to the dimmer switch... its been discussed before in other treads

#16 ·
Not that I really have any interest in doing this, but I can see this not working well if your headlights don't operate at the same time. My left light opens and closes faster than my right light. I would suspect that I'd end up with one "eye" opened more than the other, lol.

#19 ·
it's all in your own taste. BUT i like it so i did it, and ive seen COUNTLESS threads on how to do a easy sleepy eye conversion, or "does anyone know how to make my headlights look sleepy?" so, this is How to do it the most simple way, and it wont ruin your car. you can go from normal to lazy and right back to normal. i'm just tired of seeing thread after thread asking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.