Honda Prelude Forum banner

Check-In

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  EvelKnievel 
#1 ·
Hey Peeps

Been so long, how you guys doing any 2nd gen luders left ?

#6 ·
Usdm si

Nice looks in reasonable shape hows the body with the old tin worm?
As for emissions stuff not that much to worry about with the Injection engine If it runs well I'd try to leave it as well alone as possible and just concentrate on getting the engine oil and water tight and bit of a refresh if it's high miles e.g. rings, bearings etc. You can muck about with the head but unless your good with a dremel and have a fair idea about aerodynamics etc. I'd leave it alone just have the valve back cut matched to the 3 angle seats that are already cut from factory. A decent exhaust header and system, with a simpler intake and aftermarket filter makes the biggest difference before you start upsetting the injection system.

#7 ·
Nice looks in reasonable shape hows the body with the old tin worm?

As for emissions stuff not that much to worry about with the Injection engine If it runs well I'd try to leave it as well alone as possible and just concentrate on getting the engine oil and water tight and bit of a refresh if it's high miles e.g. rings, bearings etc. You can muck about with the head but unless your good with a dremel and have a fair idea about aerodynamics etc. I'd leave it alone just have the valve back cut matched to the 3 angle seats that are already cut from factory. A decent exhaust header and system, with a simpler intake and aftermarket filter makes the biggest difference before you start upsetting the injection system.

Got some rust on the top of the doors (small spots) and rear wheel wells. Could be some under the window trim I fear taking it off in case a clip breaks or something. I’d like to have all the windows and door window trim rubbers replaced too. Could use a new paint job honestly. After watching and reading through the forums, I’m not interested in an engine swap. Get another engine, have it resurfaced, polished and cleaned. New gaskets and o-rings all that good stuff. New accessories and belts. Bisimoto cam and valve train. New bearings and pistons and o-rings for the block, stock crank and rods. Unless something arises. Slightly bigger throttle body, cold air intake, bigger injectors maybe fuel pump too. Then do the same with the engine already in it. Converting to OBD1 is still something I have not quite figured out yet, cause I’d like to do Hondata and see how much I get naturally aspirated with all that.

Before all that I’d like the suspension and all that done, get the car to handle well then add power.

Just want it tuned slightly and keep all originality, no lowering or camber or wheels or body kits or spoilers. Sleeper.

#8 ·
im going to revive this thread! who all is still active or ventures on here often? life has gotten in the way of the old lude but i still have her. now she has dual weber 45s and a delta cam grind. but shes been in the garage for a few years now and would really love to bring her back to life!

you guys are all awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.