Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums - View Single Post - Understanding how your Thermo cooling system works
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #8
tsiah
no mo mod

tsiah has a spectacular aura abouttsiah has a spectacular aura about

I don't know what you did with the editing on this post but it made it very annoying to quote and post in different pieces...
You need to brush up on the difference between a sensor, switch and a sending unit. They do different things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatngyou27 View Post

Thermo Sensor A

Testing the connection at the Thermo Sensor (A) at the bottom of the radiator to the fan. Unplugging this connector and jumping it with a paper clip verifies that everything from the plug to the fan is working correctly and the problem lies with the switch. Part # 36426. $ 30.00
If your fan does not trigger on then that is where your problem is, At the fan.
If you jump this and the fan DOESN'T turn on, the problem could lie anywhere between the switch and the fan. IE: the relay, a fuse, any of the wiring, etc.

Quote:

I don’t have A/C but I was told that when the A/C is turned on BOTH fans turn on to prevent overheating.
This is to keep the A/C cold. Not to prevent overheating.

Quote:
Thermo Sensor B

This Thermo sensor is located at the housing of the Thermostat. It is an off yellow color plug with a yellow/green stripe and a green/white stripe wire. This sensor tells the fan when the engine has cooled off enough and shuts the passenger side fan off. You can’t jump to test this wire like Sensor A.
This tells the fan control unit when the coolant temp is >226*F.
AFTER the key has cycled from on to off if the coolant is >226* the condenser fan will run until coolant temp <214*F.

Quote:

Thermo Sensor C

This Thermo sensor is located at the housing of the Thermostat. It is a Blue color plug with a white/green stripe and a black wire. This sensor I believe tells the Transmission not to shift into high gear until the engine is warmed up. You can’t jump to test this wire like Sensor A.
That is for ECT. No you can not jump it like the other switches (its not a switch, its a sensor) you could damage the ECU if you jumped the wires together.

Quote:

Thermo Temp Sending Unit

This little switch is located at the water neck also and is a single prong unit. This switch sends the temp to the gauge cluster. If this is in-op then you will have no reading on your gauge cluster nor will any fans kick on to cool the engine.
This is not true. It is only wired to the gauge. If it doesn't work, you won't have a gauge. The fans will still work, the ECU will still know coolant temp.

for example...I don't have one.
I have an aftermarket gauge and sending unit. My fans work fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happy Owners Never Drive Anything else
Quote:
Ask for a new stranger? Tell them your's is defective, it's stuck in the on position.

tsiah is offline   Reply With Quote