Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums - View Single Post - 5th Gen_ 1998 SiR S-Spec
Thread: 5th Gen_ 1998 SiR S-Spec
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 01:12 PM   #1
nitin_s1
Ludacious

nitin_s1 will become famous soon enoughnitin_s1 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to nitin_s1
1998 SiR S-Spec

Hello my fellow Prelude people from across the pond. You might remember me for having my Japanese Sir Type-S (((Build thread here))).

ATTS was nearly dying as it needed a lot of renovation, it was less tuneable and then there was the rust that had eaten all the sills which was a major let down. so in the end I decided to part it out and go on the hunt for a new one.

And I got this....

1998 SiR S-Spec

For those of you don't know it was had the same engine as the Type-S (Red top JDM H22A) with 220ps but instead of the ATTS it had a LSD. Same interior bits, half leather seats half suede/alcantara and all the cool JDM options. I was really lucky as this one had only done 66k kilometres. S-Spec was a bit rarer then the Type-S even in Japan so when this came up for sale I paid upfront even without going to see it.

There was a couple of problems with the car but they were only cosmetics as it needs a re-spray, folding mirrors weren't working and couple of nasty marks in the interior. But the engine was sweet and the suspension just had a good overhaul as it was poly-bushed.

This is the day I got my car was really excited.

Then after a couple of weeks I transferred all my good lip kits from my old car in to this along with the black surrounded headlights too.

Next on the list is to sort out the interior, get some new OEM wheels and then go for a re-spray.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Build Thread
nitin_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote