Honda Prelude Forum banner

Want to install radio

953 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tommydh 
#1 ·
Hey guys so im about ready to install a radio or dash in my my lude. Im looking at the wiring and it looks messy, not by any means an electrical guy so can anyone help me out here and tell me how to go about my next mod i have posted recent pics on this google link to help me identify my wiring issue, and where all my pix for the build go. Thank you in advance. Im just a bit confused and want a nice dependable radio or dash set up in my car.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PjfVLJAU9LunT6Xc7

#4 ·
Looked over your photos.

Appears the previous owner completely did away with the original harness and ran individual wires to each speaker. Which makes things easier to install any radio - but a little more difficult for you to figure out exactly which wire goes to which speaker and which is positive/ negative.

If you're not familiar with car electronics - I recommend taking it to a shop.

#5 ·
Looks like PO had a system installed. All wires look like they are already run. Colors are relatively standard. Are there female plugs on the ends? Green, purple, gray, and white are speaker pairs. Yellow for accessory, red for power, black for ground, orange for dimmer, and blue is usually to turn on an external amp. The bigger gold wires are for subs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.