Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums - View Single Post - ..::: 5th Gen Newbie - Q&A Thread :::.. (New Members, PLEASE CLICK HERE)
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 07:19 AM   #5116
mykizism
Lude Addict

mykizism is on a distinguished road

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRubiks View Post
I did my due diligence and tried searching the forums first to see if anyone else has asked this, but the site kept giving me an error saying search was disabled due to server load. So here I am.

I just recently bought a 2001 Prelude (base model) and everything looks and runs great. Underneath is super clean and there are no apparent leaks. The oil pan gasket is dry. However, whenever I drive it and get rpms near V-tech level, I start to smell a very gunpowdery smell. Not burning oil, but the best I know how to describe it is like burnt gunpowder. I've been paying attention to my oil levels, and it is clearly not burning oil. Besides, burning oil smells different. Plus I don't have any smoke.

Anyone experience this before? Is this what a bad cat converter smells like?

Bad cat converter usually smells like rotten eggs, or something foul. Not sure what you are smelling. Is your car automatic or manual transmission?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mykizism is offline   Reply With Quote