Honda Prelude Forum banner

OBX Twin loop (Mugen Replica)

14K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  jordanangelo 
#1 ·
Does anyone has one of these? I have on mind getting this exhaust and 2.5" piping. Any reviews

#2 ·
Depends what else you plan to get. If you get a header and a resonator, it would sound okay. I have just the piping and the obx muffler and it is raspy, I'm going to get a header, resonator and a vibrant muffler for a deeper tone.

#6 ·
Ive got this muffler with a hi flow cat, and two resonators. 2.5 inch piping all the way back. Its a little bit loud for me but not too bad. Its got a good tone and it looks damn good

#16 ·
Installed on my car, vibrant header tri-y, vibrant cat and resonator, obx twin loop, sounds fucking badass! So throaty, no rasp, kind of reminds me of a boxter motor (subaru wrx) and quiet when idle or low speeds. No pain on the ear due to low frequencies either.

#18 ·
I bought a twin loop muffler($55), no name, off ebay with a resonated test pipe($35). I just recently had it put on, and damn is it a nice sounding system.

It's real deep, not high pitch. It's that tone that makes people turn around and go "what car is making that??" and never think its ricey. I have already had several people come up and complement me on the car and it's exhaust.

I find it's a lil quiet in the cabin, wish "I" could hear it more but the sound is there. I feel the difference with the smoother airflow through the exhaust, got a lil more low end power thankfully, but you get this from any free-flowing system i guess.

When its on the car, it looks a little too big because of its design, but the 3g ludes have a nice valley where it takes majority of it into the body, but still be able to see the twin loops.

So overall, for what i paid total(105) the twin loop system is amazing, far from my fears of buying from ebay. If the OBX sounds any better, i could see myself buying that one too. So to the OP or anyone thinking of buying one, i highly recommend them from MY experience, they are amazing, and real complement our cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.