Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums - View Single Post - 3rd gen Tubro Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #11
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Update September 12, 2006

**Added to Thread!!**

Update on upgrading the Torque converter!! 09/11/06
I spoke to a local shop up here in WA(Precision Torque Converters - 253-288-2233)
According to Neal the tech, he said that the Honda Torque Converters were very strong and are capable of handling some boost. However, I asked him what was involved in beefing up the torque converters? He said they just look for weak spots on the TC they add extra welds so as to not have the thing fly apart under the extra Horse Power.
He also recommends flushing the whole system out to get any particles that may have gotten into the tranny and adding an inline filter on the transmission fluid line to keep the TC from getting damaged.
For this upgrade they are charging $212.16 (which includes the Core fee if you do not give them your core. Core fee - $30.00)

So, for those of you wanting to Turbo Charge your Auto like Me! We have a cheaper option!

Sean

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(1Funryd - H22 Swap) - Ludcifer - INX - MustardCat(B20a)

Last edited by 1funryd; 09-16-2006 at 10:00 PM.
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote