Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums - Conversation Between kisaku1218 and MustardCat
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Conversation Between kisaku1218 and MustardCat
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. MustardCat
    03-16-2011 02:05 PM
    MustardCat
    "1)how much should a running lude cost? a no leak no engine check perfect but ugly in interior/exterior no wire/electric problem?"

Maybe $1000-$2000 depending on just how bad the interior/ext is. Stay away from rust if at all possible.

"2)how much it cost to fully restore one? I estimate around 1 to 2k to spend on it, and most job is done by me"

This is very hard to answer, it just depends on how far you take it.

"3)then, how much should a normal/below average lude cost? I mean leaking oil, funny engine noise, weak/no power, nothing works (no AC no cruise)"

I wouldn't pay more than $1500 tops myself, they aren't that rare yet. You can usually wait and a better one will come up for sale.

"and germany? baumholder? well i am a 68w what branch you in?"

I'm Army, 11b. In Astan right now, cant wait until I get back to the states and can drive the lude again. Good luck with your hunt for a good one.
  2. kisaku1218
    03-12-2011 07:27 PM
    kisaku1218
    Thanks for answering my question!
    and few more to go:

1)How you do basic diagnose? since 3G lude not OBD2, so like old school way? if suspected replace, if replace don't work pour more cash until it work?

2)Lude is rare in where I live (Charlotte, NC), should consider other state??

Thank you.