Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums - Conversation Between zedries and ogsmakdade
Home Forums Albums Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Conversation Between zedries and ogsmakdade
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 20
  1. ogsmakdade
    01-10-2013 08:30 PM
    ogsmakdade
    that's what they called me in highschool, and my old job. lol
  2. zedries
    01-10-2013 04:21 PM
    zedries
    lol... you will be forever known as Dick...

Good call on the seals.. i was just about to order some from this interwebs thing.
  3. ogsmakdade
    01-10-2013 07:49 AM
    ogsmakdade
    I don't worry about what people say........... Dick is the first half of my last name, it's ingrained in my DNA

p.s. all the seals for you converted 134a system should be green in color.
  4. zedries
    01-09-2013 06:04 PM
    zedries
    sweeeeeeet!!!!

Your alright... doesn't matter what thsoe other guys say
  5. ogsmakdade
    01-09-2013 08:57 AM
    ogsmakdade
    you only need to put the PAG oil in the compressor. just don't take the caps off of the drier/ receiver until you're ready to put it on, should be the last thing you connect. Just remember how much moisture is in our atmosphere, and the main purpose of the drier is to absorb mositure.
  6. zedries
    01-08-2013 10:40 PM
    zedries
    sweet.. you the man.

there is a mobile mechanic that comes around with a vac pump and the proper gauges who will vacuum the system after i clean and add oil.
    Quick question - where does the oil go? i know compressor will need some and other places i've read say that the Dryer needs oil too. What about in the lines? I assume you lubricate all the fittings, seals and o-rings too.
  7. ogsmakdade
    01-08-2013 09:34 PM
    ogsmakdade
    PAG Oil. Yes I mean the expansion valve (TXV = Thermostatic expansion valve)

you should be good with those parts.
    Hopefully you have the equipment to pull a proper vacuum on the system, or it will never work properly.
  8. zedries
    01-08-2013 09:05 PM
    zedries
    Yeah I'm RHD... I will need to go to a wrecker for a line.

I ordered a new expansion valve - is that what you mean? also trying to get hold of some flush because i am going to take most of the lines and condenser off to clean before hopefully putting together ready for conversion.

Esther oil is the right one for r134a?

Anything else i should do?
  9. ogsmakdade
    01-08-2013 08:45 PM
    ogsmakdade
    is your car RHD? ifso, I'm not sure where you can get a line that you need. if you were in the states I'd help you fab something up...
    You can try the hychill crap but I'd rather see you convert. if you convert to 134a you'll need to change the TXV in the evaporator box, as they are specific to the kind of refrigerant in the system. You'll also need to drain/ flush and change the oil in the compressor to the proper oil.
  10. zedries
    01-08-2013 02:40 PM
    zedries
    My system has no charge so ordered dryer/receiver and seals - probably need those conversion bits as it still has r12 connections so yes - r134a will be the go. You ever heard of Hychill HR12?

You know a place I can get a missing part of my line for ok price and Aussie shipping?