Honda Prelude Forum banner

Oil Leak?? Whats goin on!? - .....

681 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  vipersilver94si 
#1 ·
[color=#000000:post_uid11]My car came out of the shop about a week ago, it got a bottom end rebuild becuz of a spun bearing and cracked rod, also new clutch and radiator, anyways... it has been 'burning oil' in the engine compartment, which the people who did work on the car said oil must of got on it somewhere and was just burning off, well I've steam cleaned my engine twice and it still smells (comes in thru the vents) and there is frest oil on the pavemnt where i park my car, looks like its coming from trasmission area (standing over engine upper left on the H23A1)....anyways, does anyone know if this is a problem that may fux itself? I know they are running a straight 30 weight oil until I drive the car 500 miles then I am suppsoed to have the oil changed back to 10-30...does anyone know if it would leak cuz of the oil weight? I mean it smeelllllss... also anyone know where it could be leaking from coming from that area? thanks![/color:post_uid11]

#2 ·
[color=#000000:post_uid0]could be an oil pan gasket not properly sealed, you're supposed to use gasket sealer on the corners, and if they neglected to do that it would leak. could also be a rear main seal leak cuz they had to pull the crank, although im not too sure on that one. prolly oil pan.
good luck
byron
93Si[/color:post_uid0]

#3 ·
[color=#000000:post_uid0]hehe.. sounds like what happened to me. They might have taken your head gasket out to do work. if so, then they did not properly seal it when they put it back. the same thing happened to me. i would go driving, then when i park or stop moving, smoke would come into my car from my vents. all you need to do is take it to a shop (you can also do your self, but if you know wat your doin, so if you go to the shop, watch them do it :)) and tell they to seal your headgasket, or the head of the engine, wat ever its called. they put a sealing agent, kinda like silicone around the edge so it wont leak. after i did it to mine, it was fixed and no more leaking or smoking. and yes,... mine leaked also from the upper left. :)
hope this helped[/color:post_uid0]

#6 ·
[color=#000000:post_uid0]the problem lies in the fact that i didnt have to pay for any of the work done, the dealership i bought the car from paid for all parts/labor, so im goin down there tomorrow, and seein if theyll get it fixed if not ill have to pay for it.... :cries:[/color:post_uid0]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.