Wiring harness questions - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:38 PM   #1
scPreludeii

scPreludeii is on a distinguished road
Wiring harness questions

Hello all, this is formerly scPrelude. I couldn't get my old name to work because it's been a while since I have been in here. This is what I got here..

90si and I'm building a race car out of it. I need to delete every bit of the harness that is not needed to run. I'll be running the fuel pump off a switch, fan on a switch and the ignition off a push button with a man switch for power. I'm having a hard time trying to find a wiring schematic for a 90-91. Even so, I am unsure of what I need to keep and what is junk besides the obvious such as sunroof and lights. I will not be running the stock dash or gauges. Any help would be great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
scPreludeii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2016, 04:39 PM   #2
scPreludeii

Old 01-02-2017, 03:36 PM   #3
scPreludeii

Bump

Old 01-02-2017, 08:36 PM   #4
luda8890
Lude Addict

luda8890 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scPreludeii View Post
Bump

I have been watching and no one has answered because, well frankly this is too vaque and complicated to answer in this enviroment and it is just something you will have to embark on on your own. The best way to start somthing like this would be to veiw the service manual and isolate the wires needed for the ecu, save these, and eliminate what you dont need as you discover what it is.
luda8890 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #5
scPreludeii

Luda, thank you for your honest reply. Basically that's exactly what I'm doing now. I guess I should have said that I don't need any of the accessories, lights, or fan relays or wires. I'm having trouble finding a wiring schematic/diagram for a 90-91. I'm having a time with this as it is. Whatever I find out I'll be sure to post it just encase anyone ever needs this information.

Old 01-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #6
luzer
Elite Member

luzer has a spectacular aura aboutluzer has a spectacular aura aboutluzer has a spectacular aura about

Dave (MustardCat) put wiring diagrams up on his website over at prelude3g.com. Here's a link, hopefully this helps you out...

http://mustardcat.brinkster.net/p3g/.../9091/9091.htm
Old 01-03-2017, 03:11 PM   #7
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

Theres a great lengthy documented picture thread of the wiring harness and what it goes to in a thread not created originally by guessman but he is the one that posted all the info and pics. It is located in the F.A.Q. sticky. I believe but it has been awhile that that it was a 91 alb car automatic. The title of the thread is si harness photos wanted but it might be listed as something else in the F.A.Q. It is in the top half which is the repair part.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2017, 04:29 PM   #8
luzer
Elite Member

luzer has a spectacular aura aboutluzer has a spectacular aura aboutluzer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaboy View Post
Theres a great lengthy documented picture thread of the wiring harness and what it goes to in a thread not created originally by guessman but he is the one that posted all the info and pics. It is located in the F.A.Q. sticky. I believe but it has been awhile that that it was a 91 alb car automatic. The title of the thread is si harness photos wanted but it might be listed as something else in the F.A.Q. It is in the top half which is the repair part.
I forgot all about that thread Kevin. It was for a 91 Si auto. Here is a link to that thread. Not sure if pics still work because I'm posting this from my work computer and I can't see pics with this machine...

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=275353
Old 01-03-2017, 05:44 PM   #9
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

yeah the pics still work. I was looking at it the other day. I was thinking I need to save it to word but that will be another day as it will take awhile.

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement