Car Wont start and i hear a popping noise sometimes when i try to turn it over - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
ilovemyprelude97

ilovemyprelude97 is on a distinguished road
Car Wont start and i hear a popping noise sometimes when i try to turn it over

Any Advice? my cars been sitting in the driveway for 3 months and it sucks!!! someone help please!!? ~SAM

its a 97 h22 the engine went down after the car overheated becuz i ran out of coolant, after that i tried starting it and it wouldnt start, i brought my starter to test it at the autostore, they told me it was bad, i bought a new one and installed it and the car still wasnt running, i bought more coolant and coiuldnt fill it all the way becasue the car wont start, i also bought a new battery because my old one was dead, today i just replaced all my spark plugs and now the car turns but it wont go over and after it trys to turn it makes a "pop" noise and smoke coming from under my headers shield or whatever u call it, im not that smart with cars but i miss my prelude =[ YES IVE BEEN SEARCHING IT ALL FREAKING DAY!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ilovemyprelude97; 03-05-2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: More Detail!
ilovemyprelude97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
Shimee
Abscissa & Ordinate

Shimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud of
You need to be less vague before anyone can even think of helping you. From your description it could one of dozens of things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click to see my >>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

> replica foglights, footwell lights, temperature cable fix, EDM rear fogs, Morimoto projectors, replica fogs, and more!
Shimee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
ilovemyprelude97

ilovemyprelude97 is on a distinguished road
okay.

its a 97 h22 the engine went down after the car overheated becuz i ran out of coolant, after that i tried starting it and it wouldnt start, i brought my starter to test it at the autostore, they told me it was bad, i bought a new one and installed it and the car still wasnt running, i bought more coolant and coiuldnt fill it all the way becasue the car wont start, i also bought a new battery because my old one was dead, today i just replaced all my spark plugs and now the car turns but it wont go over and after it trys to turn it makes a "pop" noise and smoke coming from under my headers shield or whatever u call it, im not that smart with cars but i miss my prelude =[
ilovemyprelude97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
DmansLude
Lude Addict

DmansLude will become famous soon enough
You probably warped that head from running out of coolant and overheated. Quit wasting money on other stuff. Check your mechanical health first before going crazy from replacing wrong parts. First off check your oil for chocolate milky look, then do a compression test. If the oil is then milky either rebuild or just get a new engine. Another thing that these aluminum heads will warp once you overheat it from running out of coolant.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
BMFC
Lude Dude

BMFC is on a distinguished road
Pull your spark plugs out then try to turn the motor over. You may have blown the headgasket and basiclly hydrolocked your motor. It sounds that your motor is locked up.
BMFC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement