Does anyone know the symptoms to a bad idle control valve? - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Gilbert
Lude Dude

Gilbert is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know the symptoms to a bad idle control valve?

Just like title say's peeps im just wondering if any of you have experience with a bad idle control valve? Im wondering cause i think that is causing the bogging to my car and also the rpms dont stay steady they act preety crazy sometimes. Also I noticed today when i unplugged the sensor to the idle control valve sensor my car didnt shut down or showed anything so im guessing the sensor is done and of course the idle control valve.
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
egjdmh22a
I am Prelude

egjdmh22a has a spectacular aura aboutegjdmh22a has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to egjdmh22a
Your engine will rev up and down

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

94 Civic dx hatchback, Jdm H22A
Euro-R T2W4 Transmission with LSD
Hytech header, test pipe,3 inch exhaust
Zex dry 75 shot, P28 ECU with Neptune
197 WHP N/A 264 WHP bottle

street tires
egjdmh22a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
fiebru1119
Lude Dude

fiebru1119 is on a distinguished road
Yea it'll rev up and down, and not subtly either. It'll be very obvious, and annoying. Expect random hesitation / bogging / puttering when under light throttle.

I accedentally left my IAC valve disconnected one day and the car ran like shit. Have a buddy unplug his and run the car so you can see if your symtoms are the same. Are you throwing a CEL?
fiebru1119 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
Dominican
True Luder

Dominican is on a distinguished road
or you can try unplugging yours to see if there is any difference, if there is, then it could be a vacuum leak, if there isn't any difference in the condition, it's the ICV.

Club B-83M member #9
Dominican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Gilbert
Lude Dude

Yeah just like you guy's said I do have a slight puttering when light on throttle and the rpms do vibrate and the car feels really rough. I did unplug the sensor of the idle control valve and my car does nothing at all, so im guessing the sensor is done and doesnt work anymore so yeah anyways i ordered a new idle control valve today so well see if it replaces all the annoying problems this week lol.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #6
Dominican
True Luder

Dominican is on a distinguished road
yea, that should fix the idle issue. If it doesn't then you had a combination vacuum leak and bad ICV, good luck.

Club B-83M member #9
Dominican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
Gilbert
Lude Dude

Yeah its just the ICV sensor that took a shit but i checked for vacumm leaks and nothing seems to be bad so yeah.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:25 AM   #8
DustinFL
Deluded

DustinFL will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to DustinFL Send a message via MSN to DustinFL Send a message via Yahoo to DustinFL
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...highlight=IACV

DustinFL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement