K series swap on lude - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
Stewie22
True Luder

Stewie22 is on a distinguished road
K series swap on lude

First of all

IS IT POSSIBLE???????
Stewie22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
X01Michael
True Luder

X01Michael is on a distinguished road
yes. anything is. personally not worth it. buy a jdm h22a and put it in. it will be just as fast and cost you 1/3 the price. if you did want to do all that work then put a skyline motor in it.
X01Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
bb1mike
True Luder

bb1mike will become famous soon enough
Hasport makes a motor mount kit for k-series in preludes so it would be 100x easier than a skyline swap lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Honda Prelude Si-Vtec - Sold :/
2006 Nissan 350z - Slammed DD
1992 Prelude Si - New Project
bb1mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
BlackandRed92Prelude

BlackandRed92Prelude is on a distinguished road
its possible but you have to buy so much newer stuff and the K series stuff is pricy. I personally was going to do it but it was so much and its better to build a h22.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
MaoZeBong
Ludicrous..

MaoZeBong is a jewel in the roughMaoZeBong is a jewel in the roughMaoZeBong is a jewel in the rough
dude, if someone managed to shoehorn a LS swap into a 4th gen, im pretty sure you can fit a k swap into your car.

quite literally, nearly anything is possible with enough money and skill.

if you wanted to, you could put a 4th gen on top of a monster truck chassis and be up there with the grave digger and bigfoot on SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

edit: hint, you will need all the wiring, transmission, engine, hybrid axles, ecu and a custom fit header.... but im pretty sure there is someone on here already doing it. go search.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MaoZeBong; 02-14-2011 at 07:02 PM.
MaoZeBong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #6
bb4arson
Ludacious

bb4arson will become famous soon enough
yes hasport makes the mount kit for a k24 setup ..

if you google you will find .

my rebuild thread

bb4arson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #7
Snyda
ROKSTARR

Snyda will become famous soon enough

omg k swaps are freakin pointless for the tiny ass gain u get, get a h22 and do a mild n/a build on it....

1989 Prelude Si - Sold
♠1991 Prelude Si alb -Sold♠
1997 Prelude base - Sold

Snyda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #8
MaoZeBong
Ludicrous..

MaoZeBong is a jewel in the roughMaoZeBong is a jewel in the roughMaoZeBong is a jewel in the rough
honestly, the K has a great valvetrain, and cam phasing along with vtec, and roller rockers. its a good starting point if you have have the money. it has everything the H has, but with improvements.

but, money.

MaoZeBong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #9
nordicBBsex
Sky's out, thighs out

nordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to behold
The k swap isn't pointless but it is not that cost effective either. It's all a matter of coin in your pocket.

Done with Honda until the new NSX is out.
"Windshield wipers start to do funny things at 135mph" ~Me
nordicBBsex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #10
Rduenas_92si
Ludicrous..

Rduenas_92si is on a distinguished road
h23 vtec all the way :]
Rduenas_92si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #11
Snyda
ROKSTARR

Snyda will become famous soon enough

Well i know my 5th gen took 2 rsx's with k motors and i had them by atleast a 3/4 car length. why spend $5k-8k on a k motor swap when u can dump it into a h22 or h23 and have a motor twice as good as a K motor swap u could have done?? Makes no sense to me.. But hey opinions are like ass holes, everybody's got one..

1989 Prelude Si - Sold
♠1991 Prelude Si alb -Sold♠
1997 Prelude base - Sold

Snyda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #12
Stewie22
True Luder

it was question just wanted to see if it was worth it. too pricy though im a college student so i dont have that kinda money i barley have money to feed my self my gf and pay my bills thanks to my job that pay 12 and hour but only lets me work 2 times a week
Old 02-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #13
xxfallacyxx
Bearderator

xxfallacyxx is a splendid one to beholdxxfallacyxx is a splendid one to beholdxxfallacyxx is a splendid one to beholdxxfallacyxx is a splendid one to beholdxxfallacyxx is a splendid one to beholdxxfallacyxx is a splendid one to beholdxxfallacyxx is a splendid one to beholdxxfallacyxx is a splendid one to behold
^Honestly, if you're barely making it by I wouldn't advise a swap. K will work, but like everyone said it will take money and time. Might as well just get a second GF, they take money and time but the gratification is instant.

I'm kidding, in no way do I encourage or condone cheating haha. That shit sucks.

Quote:
I'm too pretty to be a hobo. There would be hobo rape.
J.L.D.E.P.P.M.S.3.C.N.Y.C.N.C.M.A.D.
xxfallacyxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #14
Stewie22
True Luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
^Honestly, if you're barely making it by I wouldn't advise a swap. K will work, but like everyone said it will take money and time. Might as well just get a second GF, they take money and time but the gratification is instant.

I'm kidding, in no way do I encourage or condone cheating haha. That shit sucks.

Lmao. i know
im gonna get an h22a just probably next year. Im waiting on my tax refund to drop the car. my H23a1 isnt bad it pulls hard so itll do for plus. it will give me time to research more and save money that way i do the sawp right and get all the right parts
Old 02-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #15
themiz92lude

themiz92lude will become famous soon enoughthemiz92lude will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to themiz92lude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyda View Post
omg k swaps are freakin pointless for the tiny ass gain u get, get a h22 and do a mild n/a build on it....
80 pounds lighter, 6 speed ( aka better ratios ), lsd, at lot easier to get na power out of. You can fart at a K and make power. Yeah the next thing you going to say it cost a lot. Well that is why you get a k24 out of a crv or an accord then swap the head. You'll save a ton. There a guy on PZ doing this swap to his RHD lude as we speak.
mad tite jdm parts Yo!

themiz92lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #16
Stewie22
True Luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by themiz92lude View Post
80 pounds lighter, 6 speed ( aka better ratios ), lsd, at lot easier to get na power out of. You can fart at a K and make power. Yeah the next thing you going to say it cost a lot. Well that is why you get a k24 out of a crv or an accord then swap the head. You'll save a ton. There a guy on PZ doing this swap to his RHD lude as we speak.
ive seen that they only reason i ask was the boosting part i heard it H engines are really good to boost because of the high compression rates that they work at and boosting makes it worse.. but some people have done it. I was mainly thinking boost wise
Old 02-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #17
themiz92lude

themiz92lude will become famous soon enoughthemiz92lude will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to themiz92lude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie22 View Post
ive seen that they only reason i ask was the boosting part i heard it H engines are really good to boost because of the high compression rates that they work at and boosting makes it worse.. but some people have done it. I was mainly thinking boost wise
To tell you the truth boosting an h22 is a bad idea, hell taking any stock bottom end n/a engine and throwing boost at it is not really a good idea ( yes I know some are better then others ) H22's will break ring lands even at 9psi.
mad tite jdm parts Yo!

themiz92lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #18
Stewie22
True Luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by themiz92lude View Post
To tell you the truth boosting an h22 is a bad idea, hell taking any stock bottom end n/a engine and throwing boost at it is not really a good idea ( yes I know some are better then others ) H22's will break ring lands even at 9psi.
Yeah. i will have to see on the K engine. what about for an h23 vtec or non vtec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement