Honda Prelude Forum banner

1FunRyd Yellow 88 Si - R.I.P.

15K views 208 replies 121 participants last post by  JLude 
#1 · (Edited)
Well at about 10:20am pacific time, I rear ended a man in a 2000 Toyta Camery on I-405.

That hit took out the lude. It was drivable but the front end was damaged pretty good.

After calling 911, my wife, then my work. I was wating with my Hazards for the State Troopers. A DOT truck came up behind me and had his flashers on which gave me a sense security, for about 5 minutes.

He then took off, and left my ass end out for the rear traffic to see, in which I knew that if those Troopers don't come quick I am in trouble.

Well, it happened. I watched in horror as a Hond a CRV kept flying up my rear and then I saw her lock up the brakes and slide right into me.

BAM!!!!! BAM!!!! Crunch!!!! Vrrrrroooooooomm!!!!!! Crash!!!!!! BAM!!!!

She hit me, someone hit her from the rear, sent another car into the HOV lane which cause a Box track to hit two more cars right past my driverside as I was turned sidways after being hit by the CRV.

6+ car pile up......

I was the only one who got taken to the hospital, and my lude was crushed between three cars.....:wzbigcry:

I am still hurting, and I will be off the rest of the week. I will go with my friend to take my valuables out from my lude, and have the lude towed to a more secure location so I can strip it for my parts.

I will update with pictures tomorrow.

God was definitley protecting me in this crash. It really could have been a whole lot worse.

1FunRyd Performance may be taking a break for a little while, while I recover and sort this out.

Update: Picture of the second accident that total the lude and actually caused me to get hurt.

More pics.

See less See more
#2 ·
As long as your ok. You can always get another car but there's only one of you. Man that sucks!!! Best wishes to get better quickly Sean. Where would everyone be without you?

#3 ·
DAAAAAMN DAMN DAMN, really man, I hope this is a joke. Gotta love the fact that woman drivers see flashy lights but still want to drive crazy. At least you made it out alive

#174 ·
Sorry to hear about the car Sean. Glad you are alright; Your thread title kind of freaked me out!:eek:mg:

I hope this is a joke.
Why would someone joke about their car being totaled?

And for Christ's sake, can you change the thread title please? Everyone who clicks on it thinks you're dead, but somehow came back from Prelude hell to make the thread. It really is a horrible, horrible thread title. I can accept "being in shock over the whole ordeal" as a reasonable excuse as to why you'd give it a name like that.

Maybe someday I'll see ya in Prelude hell. I'll give you a high five.
:lol:
+1

LOLOLOLOL Tuna I love you, all ****
+1
-The ****

#4 ·
Sorry to hear Sean. We all are glad you made it out safely and hopefully not seriously injured. Just remember its only a material thing. it can and most likely will be replaced. look at it in a different view, what other things can you do to the next lude that will differ from the last one. what better mods can u do. ya know just tryin ta cheer ya up and again glad u got out ok.

#10 ·
Wow! Hope you recover quickly! Sorry for your lude. Hope you had full coverage. I did until last year and now I still need to fix rear corner qaurter. If you do start photocoping all your receipts as you will need them.

#13 ·
Thank you all... I am always humbled to see the care of this community.

I am very sore, and I am probably going to be even more sore tomorrow, but no broken bones, and the X-rays look good.

I will be doing follow up though, cause back injuries are not always so obvious.

And as for the lude, I agree, its only a car. I know I can always get another one, it just hurts to see all that hardwork get destroyed.

I will get back up, but for now I need to lay down...(hehe..that sounded funny..)

#33 ·
Thank you all... I am always humbled to see the care of this community.

I am very sore, and I am probably going to be even more sore tomorrow, but no broken bones, and the X-rays look good.

I will be doing follow up though, cause back injuries are not always so obvious.

And as for the lude, I agree, its only a car. I know I can always get another one, it just hurts to see all that hardwork get destroyed.

I will get back up, but for now I need to lay down...(hehe..that sounded funny..)
I feel terrible for you man. It just goes to show that everyday is a gift. Your wife and children need you and your still here so it could of been a lot worse. Our community needs you too so hang in there man you know that we will all help you out in getting another lude on the road.

You never know this may be a blessing in disguise. Everytime I finish one of my projects or building something I almost immediately realize that I should have done it a little different or make a certian part of it better. This was your starter lude, now go build a masterpiece.

#14 ·
all bickering aside, it's good to hear you're alright, and that is some sorry shit that the dot truck didn't assist you, you should definately look into that. Whoever was in that truck and left you behind was seriously negligent. Anyways hope you find another lude and pick yourself back up dude.

#16 ·
all bickering aside, it's good to hear you're alright, and that is some sorry shit that the dot truck didn't assist you, you should definately look into that. Whoever was in that truck and left you behind was seriously negligent. Anyways hope you find another lude and pick yourself back up dude.
Thanks Reyke, dissagreements are always going to be there, but I know at heart we are brothers in the same community. Thank you again bro.

And yeah, the state trooper came into my room in the ER and was shocked when I told him the DOT truck left the scence... He was like "He did... I will check on that."

#20 ·
damn bro, as a wrecker driver i could tell you your very lucky to walk away from being jammed between three cars. as im sure you know that. but definately do a follow up on therapy and sue that ladies insurance. that stuff gets expensive if you pay out of pocket. one time i got reat ended by a drunk driver and thought nothin of it so i told the insurance i was fine, then boom, as soon as everything was settled i tore a ligament in my back. it hurt sooooo freaking bad my legs would buckle anytime i sneezed. so just take care of yourself brochacho. oh and use this opportunity to get u a fif gen like i did. :)

#23 ·
Thanks guys. I appreciate the Love you all are sharing.
It is truley encouraging and theraputic.

Especially for all of us car guys, when we know we just lost our lifes work on a car we put so much into.

I am more thankful for my life than anything else because I could have just left my little ones and my lovely wife.

#25 ·
Sean, So glad to hear that YOU are ok. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you make a speedy recovery.

-B.

#26 ·
Very happy to hear that you're okay!

Take good care of yourself if you're back is giving you grief already. i was rear-ended in august and i'm still having a very hard time with it. the fact that your x-rays came back good is very promising.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.