91 prelude alternator - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
ludebehavior91

ludebehavior91 is on a distinguished road
91 prelude alternator

just found out i have driven about 350 miles with the lower bolt for the alternator sheered off. this is the bolt that goes through the eyelet for the tensioner on the alternator. just wondering how the heck it goes back together and if i am missing more parts. i only have the eyelet bolt and the bolt that seems to go through it. thanks for any help
ludebehavior91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
88lude91accord
Lude Dude

88lude91accord is on a distinguished road
look in this manual. plus save the link. youll probably need it 752 more times.
http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m...ual/index.html
88lude91accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
ludebehavior91

this manual does not work on my computer even though i have acrobat reader. what i need is the lower alternator bolt. i cant seem to find it online anywhere to order it or even get a part number. any help out there?
Old 10-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
schuyler91
Lude Addict

schuyler91 is on a distinguished road
sorry dude, you wont find 1. mine did the same. i drilled out the threads, put a bolt thatd match up snug in the hole. lock washers and locking nut. mine holds up just fine. just replaced my alt. couple weeks ago, it was still in tact before removing. but, have fun drink a beer. your going to cuss and bitch at me later hehe . enjoy

Originally Posted by TripleLude
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would buttfuck a fat farting old woman for that car. Do they accept monthly payments?

Quote:
rofl, sounds like something from jackass. Glue our chests together...god you better not fucking do that.
schuyler91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
2nd one
Elite Member

2nd one will become famous soon enough2nd one will become famous soon enough

have any of you tried to go in the dealer and ask? just asking because i know another luder that got a brand new bolt. otherwise fastenal would be my next stop. they have metric and it saves you having to ruin an alternator case or everyone you get after that one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2nd one is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
xkjnboix
Lude Boss

xkjnboix will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd one View Post
have any of you tried to go in the dealer and ask? just asking because i know another luder that got a brand new bolt. otherwise fastenal would be my next stop. they have metric and it saves you having to ruin an alternator case or everyone you get after that one.
just replace it with a 5th gen accord ( i think +20 amps from oem BA 3gp ) or a 2nd gen legend ( 120 amps ) not many know about the legend alt upgrade. can be used on g1 tegs, 4g & 5g ludes, 4g-6g accords.

Disregard Honda Tuning, Acquire 4ws!!

[B][COLOR=SlateGray][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]

xkjnboix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
schuyler91
Lude Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd one View Post
yes i have. discontinued. fucking fucks are discontinuing our parts. haha but thats before i found pp.com. can always find a part out dood

I would buttfuck a fat farting old woman for that car. Do they accept monthly payments?

Quote:
rofl, sounds like something from jackass. Glue our chests together...god you better not fucking do that.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
TheGoodTexan
Lude Addict

TheGoodTexan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkjnboix View Post
just replace it with a 5th gen accord ( i think +20 amps from oem BA 3gp ) or a 2nd gen legend ( 120 amps ) not many know about the legend alt upgrade. can be used on g1 tegs, 4g & 5g ludes, 4g-6g accords.
Can you clarify a little? This thread caught my attention, cause I need to replace my alternator too.

You're suggesting a 2nd gen legend alternator for a 3g Lude? or for 4g and 5g Ludes?

TheGoodTexan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #9
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuyler91 View Post
yes i have. discontinued. fucking fucks are discontinuing our parts. haha but thats before i found pp.com. can always find a part out dood
When did you try to get the bolt? and from where. I ordered the two alternator bolts almost a month ago today. They went through but I didn't respond about another bolt for power steering bolt idler pulley bracket bolt and they canceled whole order. Hopefully it will still be there in another month or so.

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

cudaboy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
ludebehavior91

yea i went into honda and the guy in parts pulled up the exploded parts view and found what seemed to be it so i ordered it up. went in today to pick it up and it was deffinately not the correct bolt. so we then pulled up the parts diagrams again and looked and looked and could not find it. ive looked around on google with no luck. i also went to fastenall today but by the time i got there they had closed so i will have to try again tomorrow after class. even if i upgraded alternators i would still have to find this bolt. the alternator i have now still works fine and like i said it was still working even with the bolt broken. but the belt squeel could kill a small child.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
xkjnboix
Lude Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTexan View Post
Can you clarify a little? This thread caught my attention, cause I need to replace my alternator too.

You're suggesting a 2nd gen legend alternator for a 3g Lude? or for 4g and 5g Ludes?
thats 100% correct. in general USDM terms it fits the D16 DOHC ( g1teg ), F22 ( 4g-5g accord 4g lude ) F23 ( 6g accord ) H23 ( 4gp ) H22 ( 4gp-5gp ) direct bolt on. google it there are many threads on it. g1teg and cd5tuner have the most direct responses. so far the legend alt is the highest rated amps oem replacement / upgrade. i wouldnt be surprised if the 3gen legend worked as well.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
TheGoodTexan
Lude Addict

Quote:
thats 100% correct. in general USDM terms it fits the D16 DOHC ( g1teg ), F22 ( 4g-5g accord 4g lude ) F23 ( 6g accord ) H23 ( 4gp ) H22 ( 4gp-5gp ) direct bolt on. google it there are many threads on it. g1teg and cd5tuner have the most direct responses. so far the legend alt is the highest rated amps oem replacement / upgrade. i wouldnt be surprised if the 3gen legend worked as well.
Ok... call me a total newb... but no where in there is a 3g lude.

What am I missing?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #13
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludebehavior91 View Post
yea i went into honda and the guy in parts pulled up the exploded parts view and found what seemed to be it so i ordered it up. went in today to pick it up and it was deffinately not the correct bolt. so we then pulled up the parts diagrams again and looked and looked and could not find it. ive looked around on google with no luck. i also went to fastenall today but by the time i got there they had closed so i will have to try again tomorrow after class. even if i upgraded alternators i would still have to find this bolt. the alternator i have now still works fine and like i said it was still working even with the bolt broken. but the belt squeel could kill a small child.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/engine/...ord~clamp.html

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

cudaboy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #14
schuyler91
Lude Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaboy View Post
When did you try to get the bolt? and from where. I ordered the two alternator bolts almost a month ago today. They went through but I didn't respond about another bolt for power steering bolt idler pulley bracket bolt and they canceled whole order. Hopefully it will still be there in another month or so.
about 2 years ago i tried from the honda dealer. they said it was discontinued. so i drilled mine out and put a new bolt locking nut and locking washers. both sides. it holds up just fine. just a pain in the ass tho.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #15
xkjnboix
Lude Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTexan View Post
Ok... call me a total newb... but no where in there is a 3g lude.

What am I missing?
sorry i thought that one was already understood hence me taking the time to post all of this. of course if a 5g accord alt fits in the 3gp then common sense says that the 2g legend alt works as well since it interchanges on all of the other motors/chassis

Old 10-09-2010, 06:52 AM   #16
TheGoodTexan
Lude Addict

Quote:
sorry i thought that one was already understood hence me taking the time to post all of this. of course if a 5g accord alt fits in the 3gp then common sense says that the 2g legend alt works as well since it interchanges on all of the other motors/chassis
That's cool. Thanks for the input. I do appreciate you taking the time to spell it out for me.

So a 2nd gen Legend alternator is 120 amps, and is a direct replacement in a 3g Lude... I never knew that. Time to see if I can find a cheap one.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #17
xkjnboix
Lude Boss

of course what ever you are swapping it to it is a good idea to swap the pulley from the car you are putting it in on the legend alt.
here is the thread i found it ^__^ ( of course the integra alternators fit too but they arent as strong nor plentiful < salvage> as accord alternators ) The 91-95 legend alternator is 120amps ( on the thread it says 110amps but w/e its better than the 3g ludes 60 or 70 lol ) and the 88-90 is like 70amps.

this is not the only article about legend alternators on the web. it is just one to back up my claims. hope it is useful to you and other members. http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58557

even a pict of it on a bastard b20a

Last edited by xkjnboix; 10-09-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #18
ba4ludeb20a
Lude Boss

ba4ludeb20a will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
thats awesome, its on the back!! lol im likein were this thread is going

ba4ludeb20a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement