Evangelist - 93 Lude

4th Gen_ 
9K views 65 replies 13 participants last post by  Evangelist 
#1 · (Edited)
Name : Tony aka "Phu Barr"
Ride : 1993 Honda Prelude

Specs
-------
Currently Building a G23 (F22 Block + H23 Head)
Cold Air Intake ( Painted Red)
Greddy Exhaust Can
17" Rims
Painted VC (Painted Red)

Trying to turbo it
-----------------
Currently I just have a T3/T4 (Got Stolen :( )
I need everything :) (Estimated Time - Tax Time)

When I first got the car

New Shoes!!

One of my Fellow Co-Worker backed into me,He ended up bending the hood, scratching the bumper, and breaking the head light

Right now currently in the shop.

The Hood, side mirrors, trunk, and spoiler are getting painted black.

Gonna leave the spoiler off at first and see how it looks compared to having it on. If I like it, I will put it back on.

New Pictures
-------------

Any Comments are welcomed!! :)

See less See more
#2 ·
looks pretty clean but i'm not a big fan of altezza tail lights. i recently got a 95 Si SE and i'm hoping to do a turbo h23 build too. i'm currently saving for a new motor and transmission. turbo is far down the list after the motor/trans swap, full audio system, coilovers/full suspension, new shoes, and a possible 4WS conversion. this is my 3rd prelude, i had a 91 Si 4WS and a 98 base so this one i'm taking my time with to get everything right where i want it before i dump a ton of money into a full build.

#5 ·
Thanks!! I just got rid of a Eclipse GST so I'm hungry for boost. The Altezza came w/ the car so, either I'm gonna go black out or OEM, haven't decided yet.

Nice lude man! thanks for voting me in the POTM.
Thanks and YW! I was wanting to boost my h23 and I seen you, what you had to do in order to do it. so I commend you on that

Car looks good but how big are those rims and tires! they look huge, plus in this one it looks like the rears are bigger.

Very Nice Catch! They actually were bigger than the front, but I got them changed.

#8 ·
not a problem at all. as soon as I add something I will post. I have a set of egay coilovers that I need to put on, but I think I need to get new shocks first :eek: bc it road like complete and utter shit, like I start driving down my road (which is very bumpy anyways) and my front right side just goes to shit.

well...if you're wanting to save for boost...blacked out would be a cheaper choice. i'm just happy that my 95 SE is BONE STOCK so i dont have to worry about any rice removal...lol.
agreed. I wonder if I can black out the altezza :eek:...... has any1 ever heard/seen this done b4? if so, how would it look?? (searches through google.)

#9 ·
My friend blacked his out they looked really good. He copied me lol.
Get some VHT Night Shade at your local automotive store to black them out. Sand them with some very fine sand paper, one light coat, one clear coat, and repeat. Dont go to black other wise when you turn your lights on at night they are so dim you get pulled over.

#10 ·
^Me and my friend did that to my taillights, sidemarker, and his foxbodies taillights. We didnt clear in between each coat and they turned out fine. Excpet I need to buff mine still.

#13 ·
What do you guys would think be better. H23Vtec, H23 Boost, or just straight H22?

I figured the H23Vtec I wouldn't really have to worry about tuning.

I would rather dothe H23 Turbo'd, and I only play on running 8lbs, would I be okay just running without a tune?
I love boost so much... but dont know if that would be a good route. That and what would be a good tuning program?

If I do the H22, but I really don't have access to a engine puller.

I figured with the H23vtec, I could just swap everything over and get an ecu.

What you guys think?

#15 ·
Starting my G23 Boosted adventure tonight. Pics will be up later.

Checklist for tonight
- Clean up the old F22 Pistions with some B12 and a scotch bright pad
- Clean up the F22 Block with some Purple Power Degreaser.

I'll be picking up a H23 head tomorrow and possible a crankshaft. Will update with pictures within the next two days

#64 ·
#19 · (Edited)
well I was gonna have my car fixed after Christmas until my fiance's car got jealous and now it wants a new torque converter. So now, once again, My lude is on the back burner until tax time.... -_-'

oh and not to mention we only have two cars, and she is about to have our third child in about two weeks....

#21 ·
How are you going to spin the engine if you only have the head? i mean, you cant adjust them all at the same time... you need to do it in order... Find TDC and all that... i dont see it working... why would you want to do that anyway?

#23 ·
You can do it, that way. Just follow the order, and see the lobes to imagine tdc of the pistons to set those clearences. Use the camshaft Marks. I guess it could be done. I made a tutorial somewhere on here on how to adjust them.

#27 ·
Started today with this...

and ended with this...

Got the crank, pistons, and everything in the block put into the bay. We actually don't have a lift so we just lowered the car onto the block lol...

p.s. Yes I know there is still sludge on it, but I figured I can get the rest off once I get it running, and go to the car wash and use their degreaser.

#28 ·
p.s. Yes I know there is still sludge on it, but I figured I can get the rest off once I get it running, and go to the car wash and use their degreaser.
hahha i was about to tell you that.. good progress man! But i still think you should have clean it when it was off the bay. (i mean clean it 100%)

#32 ·
Yeap sure is. hopefully if everything goes correctly the h23 head will be going on top.

That was my biggest regret when I did my motor swap. I would stare at my engine bay be pissed off I didnt clean It better.
Yeah, I prob. will regret it in the end... lol.. too late now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.