h23 throttle body - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
hardwhite
Preludepower Member

hardwhite is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hardwhite
h23 throttle body

i've searched and haven't found anything answering my question. i've been told that the top half of the intake manifold of an h23 and h22 are the same, it's just the bottom half thats different. so this means all these performance throttle body's for h22's will also work with an h23 correct?
Got clear fogs with plastic covers and switch and possibly able to get the relay, everythings in good condition.
EL gauge cluster with harness and gray box
Black leather lid for 94-96 center console

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hardwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2009, 02:23 AM   #2
Tizzakowack
Preludepower Member

Tizzakowack will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Tizzakowack Send a message via MSN to Tizzakowack
should. i put on a h23 throttle body on my h22 mani. got lazy and never took it back off to put the h22 one back on. i matched them together they looked identical.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tizzakowack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 03:51 AM   #3
hardwhite
Preludepower Member

sweet! i was hoping it'd work. i'm thnking about doin a little h23 build. so is it the bigger the throttle body the better or is there overkill? cuz i found a 78mm one and was wondering if itd be a little too much
Got clear fogs with plastic covers and switch and possibly able to get the relay, everythings in good condition.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
95greenlude
Lude Addict

95greenlude is on a distinguished road
Correct, you could also use aftermarket GSR throttle bodies....fyi

95greenlude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #5
h23bb2
Preludepower Member

h23bb2 will become famous soon enough
All D, B, H, and F series throttle bodies are interchangeable.
78mm Is that the one from DH racing?

When it seems as though all is lost, remember this:

BB Squad member #5 (v.2)
h23bb2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
Rosko
Vendor

Rosko will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rosko
H22 and H23 tb's are the same, B16 and ITR and Ap1 S2000 throttles are also the same bolt pattern. F series are probably the same too, but D and most B series are different, and if any aftermarket company sells them as fitting the H, B, D, then their bolt patterns are probably slotted.

I've measured up several throttle bodies and found the above I mentioned to be the same as far as hole patterns go (relative to the bore center). I then measured the skunk2 tb I have and found a few holes to be slightly off from Honda's bolt pattern of the H22 tb. I'm guessing they are purposely offset and probably oversized to fit more than one manifold and I've seen pics where other manufacturers are doing the same so be careful.

<< Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

<< my h23Vtec build

Dealer for: Skunk2, CP Pistons, Carrillo Rods. Check out my vendor forum for the NEW Vibrant H22 header!

Rosko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
h23bb2
Preludepower Member

^^ ur a nerd and know WAY too much!
lol
But I for one am glad your here!

BB Squad member #5 (v.2)
Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
slipknot95758
I am Prelude

slipknot95758 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to slipknot95758
he is the prelude manifold god, do not insult him

Quote:
Originally Posted by h23bb2 View Post
^^ ur a nerd and know WAY too much!
lol
But I for one am glad your here!
slipknot95758 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
h23bb2
Preludepower Member

lol
so true

BB Squad member #5 (v.2)
Old 07-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #10
Bryan R
I Miss My BB2 :'(

Bryan R will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Bryan R Send a message via AIM to Bryan R Send a message via Yahoo to Bryan R Send a message via Skype™ to Bryan R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosko View Post
H22 and H23 tb's are the same, B16 and ITR and Ap1 S2000 throttles are also the same bolt pattern. F series are probably the same too, but D and most B series are different, and if any aftermarket company sells them as fitting the H, B, D, then their bolt patterns are probably slotted.

I've measured up several throttle bodies and found the above I mentioned to be the same as far as hole patterns go (relative to the bore center). I then measured the skunk2 tb I have and found a few holes to be slightly off from Honda's bolt pattern of the H22 tb. I'm guessing they are purposely offset and probably oversized to fit more than one manifold and I've seen pics where other manufacturers are doing the same so be careful.
not trying to be an ass but are you saying the d and b dont interchange? because my friend has a d15 tb on his b18 and the only difference is the size. dont know if you were referring to the size when you said they were different or you were saying that they wouldnt interchange. oh and also the prelude b series TB doesnt fit a b18 so im guessing it wont fit anything else either.

Bryan R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #11
TheyCallMeShoof

TheyCallMeShoof is an unknown quantity at this point
i like big holes

has anyone tried the DH-racing top half/throttle body? the "billet mega flow 1"
http://dh-racing.com/hseries.shtml
TheyCallMeShoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
Rosko
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan R View Post
not trying to be an ass but are you saying the d and b dont interchange? because my friend has a d15 tb on his b18 and the only difference is the size. dont know if you were referring to the size when you said they were different or you were saying that they wouldnt interchange. oh and also the prelude b series TB doesnt fit a b18 so im guessing it wont fit anything else either.

The question was what else fits on an H series. D and B might interchange with each other, who knows, but the only B throttle I know of that will bolt onto an H22/23 is the B16 from a 99-00 civic Si and the ITR tb.

<< my h23Vtec build

Dealer for: Skunk2, CP Pistons, Carrillo Rods. Check out my vendor forum for the NEW Vibrant H22 header!

Old 07-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #13
hardwhite
Preludepower Member

wow i guess i just learned alot. but how big is the ITR throttle body? or the b16 one that'll fit? and still have't found an answer to my question on if bigger is better or too much is overkill and will decrease performance? thanks for all the replies though

Old 07-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #14
Rosko
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwhite View Post
wow i guess i just learned alot. but how big is the ITR throttle body? or the b16 one that'll fit? and still have't found an answer to my question on if bigger is better or too much is overkill and will decrease performance? thanks for all the replies though

I think bigger is better in most cases, depends on your setup. Might be overkill if you are stock. The important part is the size of the blade, the opening may be 78mm but what does it taper down to?? I used to run a 70mm on my stock H23vtec with great results, and I also ran a 70mm on my built motor as well. Now I'm running dual 60mm's

BTW the B16 is 60mm and the ITR/S2K are 62mm.

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 07-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #15
h23bb2
Preludepower Member

dual 60s???

BB Squad member #5 (v.2)
Old 07-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #16
jlude90
Preludepower Member

jlude90 will become famous soon enough
check his h-t thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98VTEC
Its a bunch of fruitcakes in a pie that doesnt mix, with no baking experience.
jlude90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #17
preludeboybmw
Preludepower Member

preludeboybmw is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to preludeboybmw
well all these throttle bodys might fit each other but the vacumm lines inside each other are diff i know that for a fact ..the h23 and h22 one u can use ..i woudlnt mix and match with any other...MAYBE all after market ones u can use on which ever cause they dont come with the idle thermal vavle under the throttle body

8 4th gens and going...
preludeboybmw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #18
Rosko
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludeboybmw View Post
well all these throttle bodys might fit each other but the vacumm lines inside each other are diff i know that for a fact ..the h23 and h22 one u can use ..i woudlnt mix and match with any other...MAYBE all after market ones u can use on which ever cause they dont come with the idle thermal vavle under the throttle body
Yeah you are right, the B16, ITR and S2K are all obd2 tb's so they are gonna be slightly different and none of them have the fast idle (which I think is useless myself). As long as the gasket matches the tb you shoudl be ok. The S2K I know doesnt have an idle screw or the evap hose connection, I think the ITR does but I cant say for sure. The obd2 tb's also have a tb mounted MAP sensor, you can still use the stock MAP on the firewall as long as the hole on the tb is plugged (either with a blockoff or a spare sensor)

What was the combo you had problems with? My expierience with these has all been using the Euro-R manifold, however I know the S2K tb has been used on stock H22 manis with no issues so I cant see anything being wrong with the others.

Hers a pic... H22 on the left, S2000 tb on the right:

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 07-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #19
jlude90
Preludepower Member

jlude90 will become famous soon enough
its funny though that the S2K TB has the cutout for the idle screw, but its just not there.

makes you wonder what they used that casting from

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98VTEC
Its a bunch of fruitcakes in a pie that doesnt mix, with no baking experience.
jlude90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #20
Rosko
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlude90 View Post
its funny though that the S2K TB has the cutout for the idle screw, but its just not there.

makes you wonder what they used that casting from
Yeah I know haha, I ended up adding it to that tb above, everything is there you just have to finish drill the small vac hole through the casting and then tap the threads for the idle screw which you can order for an H22. I also added the evap hose nipple too.

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 07-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #21
hardwhite
Preludepower Member

hmmm so say a 70mm on a h23 with bolt-ons? overkill? or what would a good size be?

Old 07-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #22
Edul59
Lude Dude

Edul59 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Edul59
puting an ap1 tb without dealing with the idle adjusting screw is a bad idea??

Edul59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #23
slipknot95758
I am Prelude

slipknot95758 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to slipknot95758
i wish i could go bigg on a tb, but in cali om limited to boring out my oem one, and thats still not legal but who will ever know
slipknot95758 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #24
hardwhite
Preludepower Member

how do they know its not the stock one if it bolts right in? do they cal in a prelude guru or something? haha

Old 07-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #25
acidcrakker
Back to Hustlin

acidcrakker has a spectacular aura aboutacidcrakker has a spectacular aura aboutacidcrakker has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to acidcrakker

I say just have your current TB sent out to a machine shop and have it ported and matched to the plenum.

This will be cheaper than buy a whole TB which does pretty much nothing to begin with.

(No Wiring Untill Further Notice)
1992 Prelude S (Stolen)
1992 Prelude Si 13.9@103 Scraped
1995 Prelude Se (Luding Around)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold)
2013 F150
acidcrakker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement