headgasket blown how much to fix?? - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-13-2005, 06:27 PM   #1
CruZin89LuDe
Preludepower Member

CruZin89LuDe has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to CruZin89LuDe
headgasket blown how much to fix??

every damn timemy car runs good for a few weeks it goes and brakes. GUHH.... how many posts exactly like this one have i seen of people sayin they're gonna sell their lude and bla bla bla. i know i prob. wont sell it i'll just pay to fix it like always. how much am i lookin to pay? These places were quoting me like 700 wtf....

This is the best forum on the internet, even if half you guys are A-holes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CruZin89LuDe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2005, 06:39 PM   #2
scyclone
Preludepower Member

scyclone is on a distinguished road
when ma dad wanted to get his replaced on some 94caravan (4cyl) they guestimated about 800-1k.. he did it himself on a saturday got away with 200 i think..he got his head polished though. bigger gasket also.

its really not that hard: its only hard when u put it back togheter IF ur disorganized.... like me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylwsi
you talk ALOT of shit. about alot of cars.

all of which, honestly? i'd rather have over a prelude.

Last edited by scyclone; 08-13-2005 at 06:42 PM.
scyclone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2005, 07:27 PM   #3
McJonesySi
Elite Member

McJonesySi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to McJonesySi Send a message via AIM to McJonesySi Send a message via MSN to McJonesySi Send a message via Yahoo to McJonesySi

You can do it for about 100 bucks in a day if everything goes right. Last time I did it, I had to take the head off and put it back on like 4 times, but that was after spending a week doing a full rebuild of the head without a valve spring compressor.... Don't try that unless you just don't tlike your fingers. But yeah, head gasket is easy, pull the head, clean the deck, replace the gasket, put it back together, and most importantly TORQUE EVERYTHING DOWN TO SPEC

Matt

Inegrity, Service, Excellence.
McJonesySi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2005, 07:45 PM   #4
'CiscoSI
True Luder

'CiscoSI is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJonesySi
You can do it for about 100 bucks in a day if everything goes right. Last time I did it, I had to take the head off and put it back on like 4 times, but that was after spending a week doing a full rebuild of the head without a valve spring compressor.... Don't try that unless you just don't tlike your fingers. But yeah, head gasket is easy, pull the head, clean the deck, replace the gasket, put it back together, and most importantly TORQUE EVERYTHING DOWN TO SPEC

Matt
yeap!!! that's about it....but like McJonesySi said Torque to specs!!.my prelude gets a little anal if I don't torque to specs.....cause they come loose!!,,(ie-crank pulley,tranny bolts,alternator bolts..etc)

Black 91 Prelude SI 2.05 5speed
(all stock....everything)
update
--set of 17" Sendel S70 rims wrapped in 215/40/ZR17 Wanli S-1099 tires!!!
update
--limo black tint
'CiscoSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2005, 07:52 PM   #5
CruZin89LuDe
Preludepower Member

CruZin89LuDe has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to CruZin89LuDe
hmmmm.... I will consider this more when i am in a better state of mind. Right now all i can think of is fuck cars and i want to get a bicycle and ride everywhere and become lance armstrong or something. I could probably do it myself... i think... I am reasonably mechanical. Anyone in so cali want to lend a helping hand? I'll give you beer!!!

This is the best forum on the internet, even if half you guys are A-holes
CruZin89LuDe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2005, 09:36 PM   #6
88_lude'-si
Lude Addict

88_lude'-si is on a distinguished road
Yes...torque everything back to spec...(very important)

This is why all of the MK3 Supra owners bitch about their stock headgaskets fucking up; it was a factory defect b/c Toyota incorrectly torqued down the head when the car was being produced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruZin89LuDe
I'll give you beer!!!
Free beer! Someone help the guy out!
Quote:
Yeah man. Keep givin' 'er. That shit's off tha muthafuckin' hook, y0. Total JDM shitass, shit man fuck. Wonton sauce.
88_lude'-si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
redline7500
Lude Dude

redline7500 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to redline7500 Send a message via Yahoo to redline7500
I have a quick question. I am replacing my head and head gasket and I was wondering if you can go with out replacing the head bolts? I know it is a lil OT but still it has the same process thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano
No..no.. dummies. That's the ultra low frequency anti-Godzilla siren. All JDM cars have some sort of Godzilla protection device.
redline7500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2005, 11:33 PM   #8
Bobnova
New title is new

Bobnova has a spectacular aura aboutBobnova has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Bobnova

Yeah, you can re-use them.
I did mine 50k miles ago, reused, no problems at all.

Bobnova is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement