Honda Prelude Forum banner

Vibrant flat black muffler

30K views 93 replies 39 participants last post by  Kyleb1115 
#1 · (Edited)
i got the vibrant flat black muffler on my 5th and i love it its quiet when u want it to be and loud when u pound it and has a nice deep tone

See less See more
#4 ·
Its not that quite i had one then i sold it and im still not happy with my set up. I currently have 2.5" collector mod on stock downpipe, Mangaflow hi-flow cat, vibrant ultra silent resonator, 24" magnaflow resonator, 2.5" eBay piping mandrel, to a tanabe hyper super medalion. And i think its still to loud, might just go back to stock which was my s2000 oem exhaust! If i would have done it all over again i would of gone with a mugen twinloop case close. But i would say that switching from the vibrant to the tanabe i felt a little hp lost. It didnt feel as smooth since the vibrant is a straight through design and the tanabe isnt.

#9 ·
Just put one of these on my car. Looks clean, and sounds great. It's for sure quieter than my magnaflow I had on before.

#26 ·
Just to re-visit this... my Flat Black muffler (and flat black painted tubing) kept me from getting an exhaust ticket last weekend.

The cop that pulled me over asked me 3 times if it was aftermarket, walked to the back of my car and looked twice, and still couldn't tell. I told him it was a Honda OEM-spec Sport exhaust that I bought from the factory. :turn: Couldn't write me a ticket if he couldn't prove it wasn't stock...

I <3 My Vibrant.

#27 ·
I would also like to get a Vibrant because it does have a more factory look without sacrificing flow and HP. I am also not putting in a resonator. I will go straight 2.5" from header (hopefully Hytech Replica), into and out of 2.5" cat (maybe Carsound). 2.5" mandrel bent piping (KTeller) to Vibrant 2.5" in and I like the stock looking dual tips out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.