Honda Prelude Forum banner

My Fourth Photoshoot: 90 Si Lude at Saylorville Lake

4K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  90preludeLad 
#1 · (Edited)
There was supposed to be a meet up at Saylorville Lake and Dam this Saturday, but the meet fell though right after I left town to drive up, so I decided to take some pics.

I know the lighting is a touch harsh in a few of these, it was very sunny out. Camera is my dad's D60 with his new 70-300 VR lense for most of them, with the last few and interior pics taken with the 18-55.

Like usual, comments and critiques on the car and my photography skills are always welcome.

Enjoy:

See less See more
#6 ·
absolutely stunning
thanks guys, i appreciate it.

sick andrew cant wait to see it at the meet next weekend but my lude wont be done intime so it will still be stock :(
thanks chris, and damn, i was looking forward to getting to ride in it, lol. how close are you to finishing the swap?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, your car looks great! Plans on picking up a matching seat?
thanks man, i actually had the matching seat installed for about a year, then took it out to run sub wires and while the seat was out, it got sat in while resting on the brackets and they got bent a tiny bit and the bolt cross threads everytime i try to re-install it. just gotta bend that bracket back into shape and i'll have matching front seats. it's on my to do list this summer, lol.

#4 ·
sick andrew cant wait to see it at the meet next weekend but my lude wont be done intime so it will still be stock :(

#7 ·
im picking the tranny up from someone off of kcsr next weekend and im still waiting on the wiring to get done and just need clutch flywheel axles starter and ecu and what ever misc small crap comes up...if would have started when the snow was still on the ground i would be done but owell ill still be rolling stock for a few more months. dont worry by the end of summer it will be swapped and maybe turbo depending how well this summer goes

#11 ·
that sucks about your rad spewing coolant everywhere, any idea what caused it yet?

the block and head looked good when i saw um this weekend man, i can't wait to ride in this when you get it done, the difference will be night and day from your old a3.:emthup:

Nice meet...lude look sweet....
lol i know, the meet was a lonely one, and thanks man.

Sweet looking ride. Love the white/blue combo. But your right fog looks like it needs a little TLC ;)
thanks, and yeah i just noticed that fog is a little bit cloudy :oops:. going to have to clean that up asap, lol.

Always have loved this lude. What steering wheel hub you using?
thanks man, and its a momo non-cruise control hub if i remember correctly.

#10 ·
Always have loved this lude. What steering wheel hub you using?

#12 ·
nope I havent had time to look at it yet I think its the thermostat just guessing on where ti was coming from...its goin on jacks sunday my saturday and im just going to do the swap now and jus get the rest of parts i need as i go...i might make a build thread but idk yet.

#13 ·
swet ride man

#22 ·
thanks, and do it if you ever get the chance to get a clean one, you won't regret it.

God I love your lude!! So sexy!
thanks, i appreciate it man.

clean as always man, and nice skills with the camera. I'd like to see some action shots. Find some twisties and set a buddy up in the turn to get some pictures or video. good job none the less.
thanks man, i appreciate it. i completely agree with ya, i really gotta find a time to do some rolling shots with a buddy. next photoshoot i do will have some rolling shots in it for sure.

#21 ·
clean as always man, and nice skills with the camera. I'd like to see some action shots. Find some twisties and set a buddy up in the turn to get some pictures or video. good job none the less.

#25 ·
haha thanks man, i appreciate it.

Is that racing seat by Corbeau or is it a cheap aftermarket something? I figure a real Corbeau seat would actually say it on the seat but just checking. Reason being is that I want a pair in that color.
the racing seats (i have 2, but the passenger side rail got bent when i had them out of the car) are yonaka "ronin" style seats, aka recaro replica's.

as far as them being cheap, money-wise they are relatively inexpensive at $600 for 2 without seat rails (i had to make custom SS ones) but quality-wise I couldn't be happier with them. i've had them in my car for coming up on 4 years now and they are still both in perfect condition. no rips, decompressed foam, stains or anything like that and they are just as comfortable as the stock 3rd gen seats, even on a few of the 6-7 hour trips i've made in the lude.

i would highly recommend them if you don't care about owning brand name parts or w/e. if the real blue recaro's didn't cost $2000+ i would own them, but these are a very close second in my book, lol.

here's a link to the seats on yonaka's website:

http://www.yonaka.com/Yonaka_Ronin_Cloth_p/ymrs003.htm

#27 ·
yeah, the knob is authentic, i bought it off kingmotorsports.com for $80 around 2 years ago. i love my momo wheel as well, it's a pretty deep wheel too which i'm a fan of. puts it nice and close to ya for auto-x.

and thanks for the compliments man, i appreciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.