Honda Prelude Forum banner

engine stamp

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  '89NClude 
#1 ·
so i looked at the engine stamp and it says b20a with the numbers underneath 5024828. this engine is from japan cause after 30 000 km they remove the engine. so whats the stats on it? ive come to the conclusion that this engine is the 2.0si JAPAN B20A 160hp(119KW) 140 LB(190 n.M) TORQUE.

#2 ·
so i looked at the engine stamp and it says b20a with the numbers underneath 5024828. this engine is from japan cause after 30 000 km they remove the engine. so whats the stats on it? ive come to the conclusion that this engine is the 2.0si JAPAN B20A 160hp(119KW) 140 LB(190 n.M) TORQUE.
you got it, jdm b20a. except those power numbers are only for when its used with the jdm ecu.
in a usdm car it only puts out about 145-150 crank hp, not 160.
the only difference between the jdm b20a and the usdm b20a5 engine-wise is the compression. usdm has 9.0:1 compression, jdm has 9.4:1

#4 ·
if it has a pipe coming out the left side(passenger) routing to your intake manifold it's the USDM header with the EGR pipe. otherwise it's stock JDM header with a square heat shield. (we can't guess for you without pics :p )

#9 ·
the b20a exhaust manifold should have 2 o2 sensors on it. If it doesn't, then it isnt a b20a manifold.

Should look like mine (I have a b20a)

not entirely true. i also have a b20a, it doesn't have egr or o2 sesors on the manifold. it has a 'place' for them, but they're blocked off. Even the heat sheild has a place for the egr and the 02 sensors, but the holes for the 02 sensors are not cut out.

#20 ·
ha ha, i knew i had a pic of the heat shield somewhere! thanks.

yeah its got the pk2 manifold with the butterflies in that pic. i swapped on my b21 manni right after that pic.

i never really thought about that before, i guess it was easier to block off the holes rather than change the 90-91 wiring harness...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.