No.1 cylinder position sensor - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:12 PM   #1
Prototype
Getting Comfortable

Prototype is on a distinguished road
No.1 cylinder position sensor

Mines toast. Replaced it, and the new one is bad too. Is there any replacements out there? Fixes for this problem? I need my car to right for my job. Delivery driver. Been searching and searching. Any help is appreciated. Sorry if this is in the wrong area.
Prototype is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
cmccrac1
Getting Comfortable

cmccrac1 is on a distinguished road
Did you ever find out anything? I am throwing CEL # 9, took apart the old one and cleaned everything really well, sanded the contacts and applied dielectric grease, reassembled and no luck. That same procedure made my TDC position sensor work like new. Will your car run at all? CEL codes?
cmccrac1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2016, 05:35 PM   #3
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

Did it have oil in inside it? There is a write-up in the tutorial section top of 3rd gen section on replacing the internal seal. It is the same part number as the distributor seal sold aftermarket only. Also I have seen the wiring at the cover area go bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #4
cmccrac1
Getting Comfortable

cmccrac1 is on a distinguished road
No oil inside the sensor, the wiring is exposed a bit at the cover...definitely could be better. Perhaps this is giving low voltage readings at the ecu. Keep you posted, thanks for the reply as always!
cmccrac1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement