1990 prelude K20 z3 swap - Page 7 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #151
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
Here is an update, but no pictures yet as I left the camera aty home on m way to work.

We have gotten the fuel system in, installed the Hyrid Racing fuel rail, installed all the AN fttings and black braided lines, installed the adjustable fuel pressure regulator, as well as guage and new fuel filter. Also, replaced allt he coolant lines, except the big ones going to the rad, with black braided lines, same witht he vacuum lines, we rtepalced those with -4an black braided line.

Also, we cut, rebent and installed the brake lines on the prop valve. We moved the valve to behind the shock tower and installed the lines and everything looks as if it were stock.

Also, the aluminium VW radiator came in and we got it put into place and marked where some tig welding has to occur for the mounting poles on both top and bottom.

That will be Tig'd up shortly and once installed, I can then source out the big coolant lines for the rad, we may convert the top line to -AN fittings, but we will see once it is all mounted.

Also, I decided that we would have power steering on this car, but not the traditional method of power steering. So I fabricated a steel munting system for a Toyota MR2 electric hydraulic powersteering pump. This will be wired in and plumbed to the stock prelude steering rack, and we will then get it setup on either a negative trigger pressure sensor, or on a cam'd device on the steering shaft for operative signal. The pump is placed back behind the shock tower, slightly behind the prop valve. It will work great as I will build a defelctor sheidl to help reduce engine bay heat soak.

Also, I installed a 2010 Honda civic SI center console into the prelude. This will need some work to egt it to fit perfect but will do the job we need done as well as provide a very nice oem looking center console that has 2, YES 2 CUPHOLDERS!!! not sure whyt he third gen prelude never came with cup holders, but this car will get them.

We are still wiating for the hybrid cables to show up as well as a specialty flare nut for the clutch master cylinder and a throttle cable. Once those pieces are done, then the setup is complete and can be yanked out for the finish welding and the clenmaign and painting of the engine bay.

Then once the engine goes back in after that work, we will install the wire hartness, ecu and new key set.

So close, yet still a bit away.

Oncei can get the pictures emailed to me by Tessa, I will psot some of the latest work done on the BA4K.

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.

Last edited by bouckarooo; 01-09-2017 at 12:16 PM.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #152
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017, 01:19 PM   #153
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
Ok, go the pictures emailed to me this morning. I will post them up with some brief descriptions. For the most par the pictures are self explanatory.

This picture is of the over all engine sitting in the bay, you can see all the vacuum lines are converted to braided black lines, as well as in this picture you can see the cruise control module that I had mounted back into the engine bay. Still need to do some work to make the cruise work well, but it shouldn't be an issue.

And the fuel pressure regulator, gauge and fuel distribution lines. I could only find a single -6AN to 9/16 banjo fitting, so I reused one of the oem fuel line ends, but have another banjo an fitting on the way. To keep things clean and simple I installed a vacuum block on the firewall where the injectore resistor box was. This block has a single dash 6 line going to the engine, then the rest of the vacuum lines are ran off of the block using -4an braided line. The only line that is not connected to the vacuum block is the brake booster. Also, note that I deleted the air bypass system as well as as many other un needed things as possible.

Here are some pictures of the relocated brake prop valve with oem lines cut bent and re flared.

Some pictures of the coolant lines.

These pictures are of the bracket I had made to fit the MR2 steering pump into the car for power steering. Using some CAD(cardboard aided design) I was able to come pu with a great mounting system for this pump. Using the pre-existing shock tower hole, as well as creating a threaded hole on the bottom near the firewall for mounting point. I used the flat spot on the body that was pre existing but with no hole. I drilled the hole out and found a large nut that will be welded into place for securing the mount.

These last two pictures are of the lower mounting hole that was put into the car for the PS system.

And finally, here are some pictures of the Civic Si center console, that I will fit into t he car and make use of, adding a pair of cupholders as well as keeping the interior as clean as possible.

This console still needs a fair amount of work, as I only put it in the car to see if it will fit. Sure enough, with a bit of elbow grease we can make it work just perfectly!

No pictures of the radiator, as I forgot to take any, but once I get back home I will mount the rad and take some pictures and post them up, as at that point we should have the harness and ecu and key back as well.

Anwyay, enjoy the pictures, and know that soon this car will be finished!

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:

Last edited by bouckarooo; 01-10-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #154
Run_Away
Lude Boss

Run_Away will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Nice work!
Old 01-11-2017, 05:40 AM   #155
ogsmakdade
Ludacious

ogsmakdade will become famous soon enoughogsmakdade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ogsmakdade
Great progress

And I just thought it was awgs-mac-daid this whole time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

preludecentral.com Home of DEPOG
ogsmakdade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 06:48 AM   #156
89lowlude
Lude Addict

89lowlude has disabled reputation

Prelude of the Month
Looking good!
89lowlude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2017, 03:10 AM   #157
DAV4WS
Lude Dude

DAV4WS is an unknown quantity at this point
Toyota MR2 electric hydraulic powersteering pump , i think do same , because with the rotrex i can't keep the OEm système .

your brake prop valve is , prelude 3g one or civic ?
DAV4WS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #158
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

The proportioning valve is the stock oem third gen prelude prop valve. We only flipped it upside down and moved it to the rear of the shock tower.

This MR2 pump is a great setup really and will allow the PS to operate while eliminating the excessive amount of space the OEM k series would normally take.

There will be some wiring that will need to be done to get the PS working without issue, so when I cross that bridge, I will post up the data for others to use.

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
Old 02-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #159
DAV4WS
Lude Dude

DAV4WS is an unknown quantity at this point
great , good advice !
very funny
DAV4WS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2017, 02:43 AM   #160
Mr_Spanners
Getting Comfortable

Mr_Spanners is on a distinguished road
Just read the whole of this thread - absolutely epic! Can't wait to see the car running!!!

Mr_Spanners is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2017, 10:38 AM   #161
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Spanners View Post
Just read the whole of this thread - absolutely epic! Can't wait to see the car running!!!

I am glad you have enjoyed the read!! This build has been great fun and a great time working one a great chassis!

In other news, the Hybrid Racing custom shift cables and Slim fit oil cap have also arrived.

The wiring and ecu should be here sometime around the 13th, so hopefully that weekend, I will be home from work and able to get the last bit of work done on the car.

Here are a couple pictures of the Hybrid Racing parts.

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
Old 02-04-2017, 11:13 AM   #162
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

I want to see what you are going to do for the hood.

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

(Clik Here)
Email:

(Danny19 - JDM RH Drive) (1Funryd - H23 Swap) (B20luda - Turbo Charged H22)Representing All of 3rd Gens!!!
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2017, 11:24 AM   #163
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
I want to see what you are going to do for the hood.
Obviously we are going to cut a hole in it. Sean youa re the only one who is concerned with the hood, the owner of the car, myself, and others see no issue in the hood. It will be cut for clearance.

Whether that hole gets covered with a CF "bump" that gets painted or not we will have to see. Honestly the hood will be the exact alst6 thing that is done.

We will get the car running and tuned without a hood, then cut and fit the hood once everything else is done.

Hood cuts can be done quite nicely if one tries. Have a look at Ryan Oakes Jswapped civic.

Here maybe ill post a picture of it so you can see a nicely cut and trimmed and fit hood, that has an engine sticking out of it.

Here is a great example of how one can have a cut hood that looks and functions well.

Likely what I will do is have a few sets of the passenger side mount made as wella s front torque mount, then I will make a cutout template that can be taped to the hood of potential Kswap Mount Kit buyers, and they can cut the hood themselves. We will have to see, as I will need to discuss buying a number of Carrot top Mount Sets that I can them slightly modify so that others can buy a straight up swap set for their third gen preludes.

I have had a number of people ask me to help them k swap their third gen preludes, so I think I may make this setup a sellable set. We will have to see what kind of deal I can broker for the OTS mount sets. I can easisly get the rest of the fabbed stuff replicated.

Anway, stay tuned, there will be much more coming mid February!

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:

Last edited by bouckarooo; 02-04-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:31 AM   #164
KingPaul
True Luder

KingPaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouckarooo View Post
Obviously we are going to cut a hole in it. Sean youa re the only one who is concerned with the hood, the owner of the car, myself, and others see no issue in the hood. It will be cut for clearance.

Whether that hole gets covered with a CF "bump" that gets painted or not we will have to see. Honestly the hood will be the exact alst6 thing that is done.

We will get the car running and tuned without a hood, then cut and fit the hood once everything else is done.

Hood cuts can be done quite nicely if one tries. Have a look at Ryan Oakes Jswapped civic.

Here maybe ill post a picture of it so you can see a nicely cut and trimmed and fit hood, that has an engine sticking out of it.
Your rather annoying. I'm curious too. A lot of people are. Idk what your personal battle is with 1funryd but can you just chill. Otherwise good progress and I can't wait to see

Need passenger door and both fenders. Pm me
KingPaul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2017, 11:40 AM   #165
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPaul View Post
Your rather annoying. I'm curious too. A lot of people are. Idk what your personal battle is with 1funryd but can you just chill. Otherwise good progress and I can't wait to see
What the fucka re you talking about>?

I consider Sean a friend and have done business with him a couple times now.

You call me "annoying" then stay the fuck out of this thread, who the fuck are you to come in this thread and say fuckiign anything?

Fucking idiot.

You don't like the cut hood, then fuck off plain and simple, obviously a kswap isn't for you, likely because you are to broke and to stuipid to pull something like this off. Hence it has been left to me.

Bahahahaha annoying, fuck that's some funny ass shit.

I bet your mother is quite proud of you for being such a wonderful comedian hey??

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
Old 02-04-2017, 01:08 PM   #166
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Lets not all get mad now, I just wanted to see how you tackle this.

I meant no ill will when I stated that.
I know I am obsessed with the hood Josh, its the biggest part of this chassis to me.

When I had the H22 kit done, they were talking about cutting the hood, and was like oh hell no!!!
Because of the ground clearance issue, thats why they kept trying to push me to agree, but I just shut that idea down.

I could do the same for the H22 kit now, but I dont think the majority of the luders want it bad enough to justfy my redoing of the kit.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

(Danny19 - JDM RH Drive) (1Funryd - H23 Swap) (B20luda - Turbo Charged H22)Representing All of 3rd Gens!!!
Old 02-04-2017, 01:18 PM   #167
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
Lets not all get mad now, I just wanted to see how you tackle this.

I meant no ill will when I stated that.
I know I am obsessed with the hood Josh, its the biggest part of this chassis to me.

When I had the H22 kit done, they were talking about cutting the hood, and was like oh hell no!!!
Because of the ground clearance issue, thats why they kept trying to push me to agree, but I just shut that idea down.

I could do the same for the H22 kit now, but I dont think the majority of the luders want it bad enough to justfy my redoing of the kit.
I know you didn't, and my reply wasn't intended to be sharp if this idiot took it that way.

I was simple saying, that since the beginning of this swap we have all agreed that the hoodline must be sacrificed, we all know that, so really the only way to deal with it would be to make a hood cut as clean as possible and either cover it with bump or not.

No way around it. We all know that.

Its funny, as this QueenPual come sin here and wants to say im annoying? wtf serious? I am annoying because I am doing a swap that no one else here can do ort wants to do or will do or has the resources to do?

You all should be happy that I am so wiling to share the information regarding the swap, as I could be a dick and just keep it all to my self and then just start selling BA4K Swap kits.

Hell, so far none of this has been difficult, or extremely technical. Really, anyone with any tools and a lil skill could easily do this exact swap and by having access to this thread, they would find much help and benefit from information ive attached here.

What is funny Sean, is that you and I have done business together as well as I have contacted you multiple times for both business and fun, so how would one think I have "personal battle" with you?

I mean, clearly this QueenPaul is fucking clueless, so if this thread annoys him he should just get the fuck out, go back to his mothers basement, and let the real men do as they please.

As for swap kits, I have three people who have approached me and asked me to do the same to their ba4. So we will see where that goes, I like helping people so ui have no issue going out of my way to get a few sets done up.

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
Old 02-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #168
KingPaul
True Luder

Quote:

Here is a great example of how one can have a cut hood that looks and functions well.

Likely what I will do is have a few sets of the passenger side mount made as wella s front torque mount, then I will make a cutout template that can be taped to the hood of potential Kswap Mount Kit buyers, and they can cut the hood themselves. We will have to see, as I will need to discuss buying a number of Carrot top Mount Sets that I can them slightly modify so that others can buy a straight up swap set for their third gen preludes.

I have had a number of people ask me to help them k swap their third gen preludes, so I think I may make this setup a sellable set. We will have to see what kind of deal I can broker for the OTS mount sets. I can easisly get the rest of the fabbed stuff replicated.

Anway, stay tuned, there will be much more coming mid February!
Quote:
I know you didn't, and my reply wasn't intended to be sharp if this idiot took it that way.

I was simple saying, that since the beginning of this swap we have all agreed that the hoodline must be sacrificed, we all know that, so really the only way to deal with it would be to make a hood cut as clean as possible and either cover it with bump or not.

No way around it. We all know that.

Its funny, as this QueenPual come sin here and wants to say im annoying? wtf serious? I am annoying because I am doing a swap that no one else here can do ort wants to do or will do or has the resources to do?

You all should be happy that I am so wiling to share the information regarding the swap, as I could be a dick and just keep it all to my self and then just start selling BA4K Swap kits.

Hell, so far none of this has been difficult, or extremely technical. Really, anyone with any tools and a lil skill could easily do this exact swap and by having access to this thread, they would find much help and benefit from information ive attached here.

What is funny Sean, is that you and I have done business together as well as I have contacted you multiple times for both business and fun, so how would one think I have "personal battle" with you?

I mean, clearly this QueenPaul is fucking clueless, so if this thread annoys him he should just get the fuck out, go back to his mothers basement, and let the real men do as they please.

As for swap kits, I have three people who have approached me and asked me to do the same to their ba4. So we will see where that goes, I like helping people so ui have no issue going out of my way to get a few sets done up.
I've read every post you ever made And you get angry at Sean when he ask a question. That's why I said your annoying and your last 2 post in this thread and 3 posts on the forum prove that. I clearly said good progress and I can't wait to see but you get angry at everything. Why you so defensive? Sean wants to know about the hood. A nice response saying we haven't gotten to that yet would suffice. You need to take a break and cool off. Cool your ego off your not a hero to the 3rd gen community yet and wow your soo rich to do a swap that you state doesn't cost that much money. I thought your arrogance was annoying before but now I know your a complete dick. Good day to you.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #169
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

Quote:
I've read every post you ever made And you get angry at Sean when he ask a question. That's why I said your annoying and your last 2 post in this thread and 3 posts on the forum prove that. I clearly said good progress and I can't wait to see but you get angry at everything. Why you so defensive? Sean wants to know about the hood. A nice response saying we haven't gotten to that yet would suffice. You need to take a break and cool off. Cool your ego off your not a hero to the 3rd gen community yet and wow your soo rich to do a swap that you state doesn't cost that much money. I thought your arrogance was annoying before but now I know your a complete dick. Good day to you.
Actually, you did not read the fuckgin thread, you fuckign twat, as if you did then you would realise that we have already covered the fact THE HOOD WILL HAVE TO BE CUT. But youre to fuckign stupid to realise this.

Also, youre to fuckign stupid to realise that I hold no grudge or ill will toward sean.

On top of that you are too fucking stupid to understand that this swap cannot occur witho0ut the hood having a hole, how dumb are you that you cannot see that? This swap is obviously too much forf you so get the fuck out of this thread and dotn come back.

I care not for your comments nor praise nor any of the shit dribble that trickels out of your dads cocksucker, so again get the fuck out and don't come back.

I would rather be a dick than dickless idiotic piece of shit like you!

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
Old 02-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #170
1funryd
Elite Member

Now now guys, we are luders and for every accomplishment its a gain for everyone.

I took know offense to Josh replys to mine. We are good, and I hope no one is reading my replies to him wrong.
I am very curious as to how this turns out.
I was at one point considering this, but with all my resources tied up in other projects I cant afford this.

Josh I never took any post at any offense, we are good.
Just questions.

Sean

(Clik Here)
Email:

Old 02-04-2017, 08:04 PM   #171
KingPaul
True Luder

Quote:
Actually, you did not read the fuckgin thread, you fuckign twat, as if you did then you would realise that we have already covered the fact THE HOOD WILL HAVE TO BE CUT. But youre to fuckign stupid to realise this.

Also, youre to fuckign stupid to realise that I hold no grudge or ill will toward sean.

On top of that you are too fucking stupid to understand that this swap cannot occur witho0ut the hood having a hole, how dumb are you that you cannot see that? This swap is obviously too much forf you so get the fuck out of this thread and dotn come back.

I care not for your comments nor praise nor any of the shit dribble that trickels out of your dads cocksucker, so again get the fuck out and don't come back.

I would rather be a dick than dickless idiotic piece of shit like you!
Haha. I love this guy. I clearly know you have to cut the hood cause I've read ever post you ever made. I'm glad Sean takes no offense but I still don't like how you fly off the handle at a whim. Clearly you are offended by me calling you annoying. For that I apologize. Now please bring on a storm of profanities and tell me how worthless I am, so myself and a few others can get a good chuckle. Thanks again for the entertainment.

And again I will say, can't wait to see more progress and(I will state different) how your gonna modify the hood

Old 02-04-2017, 09:44 PM   #172
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

Quote:
Haha. I love this guy. I clearly know you have to cut the hood cause I've read ever post you ever made. I'm glad Sean takes no offense but I still don't like how you fly off the handle at a whim. Clearly you are offended by me calling you annoying. For that I apologize. Now please bring on a storm of profanities and tell me how worthless I am, so myself and a few others can get a good chuckle. Thanks again for the entertainment.

And again I will say, can't wait to see more progress and(I will state different) how your gonna modify the hood
Fuck your apo0logy asshole.

Get the fuck out of this thread, and tell your whore mother I send my best regards. Done deal loser?

I don't need your fucking praise or compliments either asshole, I already know how fucking great I am, I don't need to hear it from some low life piece of shit like you. mmmmkay???

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
Old 02-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #173
euphorictree88@gmail.com
Getting Comfortable

euphorictree88@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Progress ....

Quote:

Hi everyone, I'm really excited to see the rest of the build come together as there are still a lot money to be spent. The progress is awesome and personal opinions aside its going to be a masterpiece. I'm in 11 -5 and planning another 5 this year. Stay tuned, the hood is hick-up and a sensitive topic for some. Personally I don't care and I'm the only person who should. Thanks to everyone for the ideas and input and support, its going to be a great day to see it done and tormenting the streets of Edmonton.
euphorictree88@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2017, 11:04 AM   #174
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Josh, you are annoying, I'm still waiting on my J swap mounts, come on now. Get this K thing done out of the way already

The hood will look just like this one:

obviously!

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."

Last edited by 88SE Lude; 02-06-2017 at 11:12 AM.
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #175
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SE Lude View Post
Josh, you are annoying, I'm still waiting on my J swap mounts, come on now. Get this K thing done out of the way already

The hood will look just like this one:

obviously!

Annoying, I know, all I do is brag about how much of a third gen hero I am and how I saved Princess Prelude from Bowser, well I thought I did, but turns out she was in another castle....

That hood looks about bang on for what we plan on doing. Maybe well have a bit more tape there, you know to help deflect the air into the scoop. Maybe we wont need an air intaker on the hood, just a cover , something like this one:

Not sure yet, however I will leave the hood to everyone else as they seem to know much much more than I do about anything, everything and all of it.

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement