1990 prelude K20 z3 swap - Page 2 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2015, 03:08 AM   #26
bouckarooo
I am Prelude
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 34
Posts: 2,779
bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
This was the guy who was gonna do the b18 swap, but then I had a crashed civic si come into the shop and euphorictree bought the whole swap from him for pennies ont eh dollar. He was gonna sell it to buy a b motor, but then one day we were talking and, decided to take some quick measurements and then after that it was one.

The idea of a k in a ba4 is awesome, and I think it would be great as the ivtec, the true 3 lobe cams, the 6 speed lsd equipt transmission and the over all uniqueness of this swap should render a really cool car once its done.

I feel bad that he isn't going B motor anymore, but look forward to seeing his car parked next to mine and the rest of the crew at the meets in out city. Hopefully, that will be the case!
__________________
J32A 6MT w/ LSD - Soon to be boosted....Standy By.....VTEC charging...

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-07-2015, 03:23 AM   #27
1funryd
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Originally from Guam, now in Auburn, WA
Age: 45
Posts: 16,003
1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

So he changed his mind and went this route?
I was wondering why it went quite?
__________________
My Facebook page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Danny19 - JDM RH Drive) (1Funryd - H23 Swap) (B20luda - Turbo Charged H22)Representing All of 3rd Gens!!!
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 03:31 AM   #28
bouckarooo
I am Prelude
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 34
Posts: 2,779
bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
He was gonna sell the k and make some money on it as he got it cheap, but then, due to shitty market up here and poor economy, there isnty much interest in buying motors up here, so then we started thinking about the ba4 k swap.

Then he made this post, and on and on and on.

Really, he was hoping there would be more positive in this thread. Doesn't seem that k swaps are a good thing around here. Oh well.
__________________
J32A 6MT w/ LSD - Soon to be boosted....Standy By.....VTEC charging...

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 04:08 AM   #29
1funryd
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Originally from Guam, now in Auburn, WA
Age: 45
Posts: 16,003
1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouckarooo View Post
He was gonna sell the k and make some money on it as he got it cheap, but then, due to shitty market up here and poor economy, there isnty much interest in buying motors up here, so then we started thinking about the ba4 k swap.

Then he made this post, and on and on and on.

Really, he was hoping there would be more positive in this thread. Doesn't seem that k swaps are a good thing around here. Oh well.
Honestly its really not that its not a positive thing, its really more of a money and hood thing.

While some say they dont mind giving up that hood for a K swap, the reality is that our parts in body panels is Nil....so people are not really into going that far into a swap where it would basically ruin the hood.

I love the H swap personally because I lose nothing and gain everything, but others dont want to lose their lowering capabilities and rather would go lower than gain power.

And then it comes right back to - money.
How much the kit would cost and then sourcing a K is no where near cheap in the US unless its damaged and how often is that happen?

I was expecting more to jump on the B series swap kits but you know were that is right now.

Do I think it would be cool?? Sure.
Would I do it...ehh I can get the same amount of performance out of an H and cheaper to start as well as not losing my nice hoodline etc...

I do want to see your progress here, its just been said so many times and other than that Asia member its really just words.

I hope you guys do go forward with it though since you have the facilites and know how and motor/tranny and stuff to do it.
__________________
My Facebook page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Danny19 - JDM RH Drive) (1Funryd - H23 Swap) (B20luda - Turbo Charged H22)Representing All of 3rd Gens!!!
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 04:31 AM   #30
Colluder
Lude Cray
 
Colluder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 946
Colluder will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouckarooo View Post
...he was hoping there would be more positive in this thread...
I think if this turns out well, there will be a lot of positive reaction to it.
Colluder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 07:04 AM   #31
Austro
True Luder
 
Austro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 375
Austro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
I love the H swap personally because I lose nothing and gain everything, but others dont want to lose their lowering capabilities and rather would go lower than gain power.
Having the downpipe sit even lower than it already does on a Honda is pretty bad, if I read into the issue correctly it's 20-30mm lower. Even with my downpipe at 95mm clearance from the ground it doesn't fare too well against some speed humps etc. On top of that the possibility of losing a point and being fined $117 for ride height being too low isn't super appealing. Just food for thought on that issue.... it's also why I'm very interested to see what Mustardcat's progress on his raised setup amounts to.

Also, I know this doesn't directly relate to the original topic, but when the time for a swap comes for me it's either going to be H22 if it can be raised enough to get more clearance or B20V.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Austro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 08:20 AM   #32
Colluder
Lude Cray
 
Colluder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 946
Colluder will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austro View Post
...the possibility of losing a point and being fined $117 for ride height being too low isn't super appealing...
You get a fine and points on your licence for being too low, that's a bit rough. Do you have the style Police down under?
Colluder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 10:16 AM   #33
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado
 
88SE Lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Rust country, Minnisooda.
Posts: 10,628
88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
1. Cutting the rare hood
2. Ground clearance
3. Pushing that motor farther forward than an H or B swap
So no real sacrifices then.

The hood is not as rare as many other parts of the car so that's a moot point.
Ground clearance doesn't need to be sacrificed.
The mass of the engine is what counts, not where it appears to sit.
Quote:
Bottom line really is money, it comes down to money.
As with any swap.
Quote:
For a DIY who has all the resources at hand this is an option that they are willing to deal with then its fine for them.
Which is what engine swaps (for the enthusiast) are all about.

Quote:
For an aftermarket option its really not that simple at that point, it costs to much to do.
As always Sean, your dislike for anything different is based purely on whether you can market it to the masses or not, that gets tedious to the rest of us who don't care if less than 5 people do the same swap.
If we all thought like you then an engine swap of any sort would be extremely rare. But we've been through this before, nothing has changed.

Quote:
So if this swap was going to be so easy and popular why are there no lines forming to get it done here in the US?
Because most people are told that you're the only one who ever gets stuff like this done, which is obviously not the case.
Most people don't want a swap at all so why would there be queues for one that they haven't seen yet?

Your B swap hasn't taken off for the same reason, no-one has seen it completed. A mount kit is only part of the task, if you don't offer solutions to other issues (such as wiring and/or gear selection) you'll never get the people who want a simple buy/bolt solution.

Quote:
I see one in Malaysia and one in UK.
Where are the rest?
Who knows, a lot of the people who do stuff like this aren't living on the internet feeding the masses(USA) with their builds.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 10:28 AM   #34
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado
 
88SE Lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Rust country, Minnisooda.
Posts: 10,628
88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouckarooo View Post
So now the fab time is nil, the parts are available and he got the motor on the cheap, why wouldn't this swap be good to do?
No idea

Quote:
With some tuning this motor can easily make over 200hp and with bolt mods and tuning it can easily hit 220.
I think you're underselling the K motor, as future-proof option it has far more going for it than the H.

Quote:
The hood is about the only downside, however, like I said earlier, we will deal with that when we get there. One way to reduce the required hood clearance is use the k24a intake manifold as it folds down, not up.
I see that as a(nother) reason to use ITBs, have to fit a hood scoop, make it worth it's existence for more than just clearance


Quote:
All in all, this swap will move ahead whether people think it is feasible or not, so I hope the third gen group is prepared. Fact is both tree and I are hoping that this third gen community will support this swap and provide some guidance and assistance if needed along the way.
In fairness I think most would support this and help out if they can. The naysayers are obvious and have their own reasons for that.



Quote:
Jon(I tthink its spelled that way), you expertise and knowledge is also appreciated and though we have had our difference over the years, know that I have allot of respect fro you and your opinion.
Spell it either way.
I'd rather have some respect than be liked so that's fine by me.
Our differences are of no consequence in the greater scheme of things. Seeing a project move forward is more important to the community(and myself) than two people who have never met, have some words on t'internet.


Quote:
With all that said, keep the opinions coming, as I read them, ponder them and value them all as they help incite and provoke thoughts and ideas regarding this swap.
At risk of upsetting you, you think more like I do than you might care to admit
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #35
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado
 
88SE Lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Rust country, Minnisooda.
Posts: 10,628
88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austro View Post
Having the downpipe sit even lower than it already does on a Honda is pretty bad, if I read into the issue correctly it's 20-30mm lower. Even with my downpipe at 95mm clearance from the ground it doesn't fare too well against some speed humps etc. On top of that the possibility of losing a point and being fined $117 for ride height being too low isn't super appealing. Just food for thought on that issue.... it's also why I'm very interested to see what Mustardcat's progress on his raised setup amounts to.

Also, I know this doesn't directly relate to the original topic, but when the time for a swap comes for me it's either going to be H22 if it can be raised enough to get more clearance or B20V.

But is it(K) going to sit lower than the H swap downpipes? That is already an issue.
The K pipes exit at the rear of the block so need addressing anyway but don't sit under the oil pan, I see that as a good thing.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 06:31 PM   #36
euphorictree88@gmail.com
Getting Comfortable
 
euphorictree88@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Spruce Grove
Posts: 29
euphorictree88@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouckarooo View Post
I think the money end of it depends on how much you get the motor for and what kind of deal you can broker on the fabrication.

The swap is easy as you convert the z3 motor to the 05-06 rsx harness, and run the 05-06 rsx pcm. Realistically the only issue then become the mounting, which isn that hard; as long as your good with a hole in the hood.

The ground clearance, wont be that bad, as the b21a oil pan sits the same as the k20z3 depth wise. I would love to see this swap take place and would love to check it out in person.


Mustard cat did an h22 swap correct?
Hi, I have been reading the posts and a lot of it is bang on. I bought a full k20 z3 swap for pennies on the dollar, out of a 08 si. got everything and came across a good fab shop, was able to find a compatible ecu to bi-pass the key security, a wiring harness to go back top the obd 1 or 0 as well as some mounts, I still need some of them to be custom fab however saves some time and just waiting to see the size of hole will be in the hood to custom fab a scoop. I'm low on funds until the new year until I can sell the b21a swap I pulled out of the car to get the ball rolling again. I would love to show another lude enthusiast when I get the ball rolling

Last edited by euphorictree88@gmail.com; 12-07-2015 at 07:50 PM.
euphorictree88@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #37
euphorictree88@gmail.com
Getting Comfortable
 
euphorictree88@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Spruce Grove
Posts: 29
euphorictree88@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SE Lude View Post
Obviously not, as Sean said it.


Not sure I agree with a lot of that 'opinion' though.

The whole point to any swap is getting what that particular owner desires. Not what market forces dictate. The whole point is to have something that isn't the norm, something different.
I think some have the opinion that a swap is only worthwhile if it is marketable, the exact opposite of the original ideals behind engine swaps.

There are sacrifices to most swaps and some of the sacrifices for the K swap are more desirable than those you make for the H swap.

So you keep standard ride height for the K.. no big deal as far as functionality is concerned. (and no worse than the H swap anyway)
So you cut a scoop in the bonnet/hood? So what.. it's a great option for feeding your ITBs.

The problems with the K swap shouldn't be any harder than any H/B swap, just different.

The reason 'why you do not see real 3rd genners trying to do this swap' is because we're still getting the best out of the 'real 3rd gen' engines. :-p

If I were to choose a swap to do... which I might.. it would be K first, B18 second.. then maybe H22.
And I have a H22 already so don't need to find/buy one of those.
Thank you for your input, I'm not sure what a "real 3rd genner" is but I came across my lude for a grand and the k swap for 1500.00 bucks. and as the guy doing the swap, I can really do what I want. This wont be a everyday daily driver. But I'm going to start a new build thread once I get the mounts ordered and the car to my mechanic.

I respect the opinions on this forum and know that there are a lot of knowledgeable people interested in this build. I started this project to make something unique, and thank-you "J32A 6MT w/ LSD - Soon to be boosted....Standy By.....VTEC charging..." for your input. but I will prob spend 10k on my lude before I'm done.

All of that said thank-you everyone for your input in this build, I hope to get a lot of input and ideas from the time and experience that everyone brings to this forum. And share the progress and outcome on my build thread.

Last edited by euphorictree88@gmail.com; 12-07-2015 at 07:52 PM.
euphorictree88@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #38
1funryd
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Originally from Guam, now in Auburn, WA
Age: 45
Posts: 16,003
1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SE Lude View Post
So no real sacrifices then.

The hood is not as rare as many other parts of the car so that's a moot point. - Oh really??? So you have a source that provides the hoods for a rea affordable price then that I do not know about??

Ground clearance doesn't need to be sacrificed. - Sure as long as you liked to see a big cowl in your vision. But thats your opinion as well.

The mass of the engine is what counts, not where it appears to sit.


As always Sean, your dislike for anything different is based purely on whether you can market it to the masses or not, that gets tedious to the rest of us who don't care if less than 5 people do the same swap.
If we all thought like you then an engine swap of any sort would be extremely rare. But we've been through this before, nothing has changed.
- And as always Jon you seem to forget that I do what I do to provide for the ones you do not care to support which makes up the majority of the community. So what I post also has merit for those who are thinking this is going to be an easy swap without support.


Because most people are told that you're the only one who ever gets stuff like this done, which is obviously not the case.
Most people don't want a swap at all so why would there be queues for one that they haven't seen yet?
- True I am not the be all end all to the 3rd gen community. But I do get stuff done that no one does. But I try to be as fair as possible and I am always truthful about costs. Most of them just hate to hear the truth of the costs because the mentality is if a civic can be done why cant we???

Your B swap hasn't taken off for the same reason, no-one has seen it completed. A mount kit is only part of the task, if you don't offer solutions to other issues (such as wiring and/or gear selection) you'll never get the people who want a simple buy/bolt solution.
Jon I have done the work, but I have not done the swap for myself because I dont have the financial resources to own three ludes with different swaps.
I have done all these projects with shoe string budgets, and no one really understands what I have accomplished with so little.
So no I cannot supply pictures of a done swap, that belongs to the customers who are willing to go down that road.
I just did all the hard work to get it done. And yes it took too damn long to get it done, and the kits are being finished for the initial group buy to no fault of my own.


Who knows, a lot of the people who do stuff like this aren't living on the internet feeding the masses(USA) with their builds.
There is no reason to debate me on this, I already told Josh that I hope he does get it done, because I have tried too but I cant do much with the losses I have taken in the past three years.
__________________
My Facebook page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Danny19 - JDM RH Drive) (1Funryd - H23 Swap) (B20luda - Turbo Charged H22)Representing All of 3rd Gens!!!
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #39
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado
 
88SE Lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Rust country, Minnisooda.
Posts: 10,628
88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Quote:
Oh really??? So you have a source that provides the hoods for a rea affordable price then that I do not know about??
Don't start with the mis-quoting stuff Sean.
I never said anything like that, try reading/responding to what I actually typed.

Quote:
Sure as long as you liked to see a big cowl in your vision. But thats your opinion as well.
Geez, you're really having an issue with your reading today... I never mentioned that either, simply stated that ground clearance doesn't need to be an issue.

Quote:
And as always Jon you seem to forget that I do what I do to provide for the ones you do not care to support which makes up the majority of the community. So what I post also has merit for those who are thinking this is going to be an easy swap without support.
Sean, you're now getting into personal attacks again and looking pretty stupid already. No idea why you insist on doing this every time you see something you don't like. You never come out of it looking good.
Let's respond to your nonsense anyway...

Firstly, no-one here can forget what you do/attempt to do/ claim to do/ get done eventually albeit years later.
You tell everyone every chance you get.
I support this community with technical help and getting parts that are hard to find or non-existent. The former being the important part. I do not take money from people on the promise that they'll see goods at some point in their lifetime.
My support of this community is giving away my knowledge and help for free, despite it being worth a lot of money in the real world, unless you know mechanics/techs who always work for nothing.
That (to most people) is worth more than being able to get others to design and build products.
But according to you I (and that must include every one else in this forum other than you) do nothing to support this community simply because I/we don't get designs from others and get a third party to make products (eventually) in the quest to make some profit.
Shame on me/us.

Quote:
Jon I have done the work, but I have not done the swap for myself because I dont have the financial resources to own three ludes with different swaps.
I have done all these projects with shoe string budgets, and no one really understands what I have accomplished with so little.
So no I cannot supply pictures of a done swap, that belongs to the customers who are willing to go down that road.
I just did all the hard work to get it done. And yes it took too damn long to get it done, and the kits are being finished for the initial group buy to no fault of my own.
My point was simply that a completed and documented swap would boost potential sales massively and the lack of such restricts sales similarly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
There is no reason to debate me on this, I already told Josh that I hope he does get it done, because I have tried too but I cant do much with the losses I have taken in the past three years.
Debates are healthy. It's how things get resolved.

The only issue here is that you look at things from the business side of things all the time. If it's not marketable for you then it's not a good idea.
Whereas the other car enthusiasts might want to do this just because they do. I often do things just to show they can be done. It's the fun part of car modification.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #40
1funryd
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Originally from Guam, now in Auburn, WA
Age: 45
Posts: 16,003
1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SE Lude View Post
Don't start with the mis-quoting stuff Sean.
I never said anything like that, try reading/responding to what I actually typed.


Geez, you're really having an issue with your reading today... I never mentioned that either, simply stated that ground clearance doesn't need to be an issue.


Sean, you're now getting into personal attacks again and looking pretty stupid already. No idea why you insist on doing this every time you see something you don't like. You never come out of it looking good. - I was not making a personal attack. If you and other think I bring it up too many times then sorry about that, its just habit.

Let's respond to your nonsense anyway...

Firstly, no-one here can forget what you do/attempt to do/ claim to do/ get done eventually albeit years later.
You tell everyone every chance you get.
I support this community with technical help and getting parts that are hard to find or non-existent. The former being the important part. I do not take money from people on the promise that they'll see goods at some point in their lifetime.
My support of this community is giving away my knowledge and help for free, despite it being worth a lot of money in the real world, unless you know mechanics/techs who always work for nothing.
That (to most people) is worth more than being able to get others to design and build products.
But according to you I (and that must include every one else in this forum other than you) do nothing to support this community simply because I/we don't get designs from others and get a third party to make products (eventually) in the quest to make some profit.
Shame on me/us.


My point was simply that a completed and documented swap would boost potential sales massively and the lack of such restricts sales similarly.



Debates are healthy. It's how things get resolved.

The only issue here is that you look at things from the business side of things all the time. If it's not marketable for you then it's not a good idea.
Whereas the other car enthusiasts might want to do this just because they do. I often do things just to show they can be done. It's the fun part of car modification.
My point to this whole discussion is that it can be done, its just not supported.

It will be all custom and either a one of type of thing or maybe it might take off who knows.

Yes I look at it from a business perspective because it takes a business perspective to bring it to market for others to enjoy.

If this is nothing more than a one off, then this whole discussion was moot.
__________________
My Facebook page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Danny19 - JDM RH Drive) (1Funryd - H23 Swap) (B20luda - Turbo Charged H22)Representing All of 3rd Gens!!!
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #41
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado
 
88SE Lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Rust country, Minnisooda.
Posts: 10,628
88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Yes it was getting personal Sean, you claim that you do so much for this community and stated that I do not. Which is incorrect and an insult to all those of who offer(and have done for ten+ years for no recompense) technical help which you cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
My point to this whole discussion is that it can be done, its just not supported.
Which everyone who can read is totally aware of.

Quote:
It will be all custom and either a one of type of thing or maybe it might take off who knows.
Exactly the same as any previous swap. Not one swap was ever done with the sole purpose of making it marketable, that came after when the salesmen got wind of it.

Quote:
Yes I look at it from a business perspective because it takes a business perspective to bring it to market for others to enjoy.
Not really, anyone can bring something to market if they have the desire to do so. Selling is the easy part (just look at all the shit that sells by the millions for evidence), making something people (and can afford/justify) want is the hard part.

Quote:
If this is nothing more than a one off, then this whole discussion was moot.
It is only a moot point for you and you alone. Everyone else is happy to discuss it and try to help its progress. It's obvious that if it takes off and gets interest from other people you'll be straight on the bandwagon trying to make kits you can sell.
But for now it's just a one/two/three-off, so maybe let them get on with the project.

Try not to forget that this is a discussion forum for like-minded people, not just a market place for some.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #42
1funryd
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Originally from Guam, now in Auburn, WA
Age: 45
Posts: 16,003
1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SE Lude View Post
Yes it was getting personal Sean, you claim that you do so much for this community and stated that I do not. Which is incorrect and an insult to all those of who offer(and have done for ten+ years for no recompense) technical help which you cannot. - Ahemm... I have been helping a lot of people without compensation as well Jon, way before I started down the road of aftermarket, you are just forgetting all of that since you are so focused on always trying to be right and never once admitting you get just as personal as anyone else. And I still do I get the gambit of pms and emails and social media pms like most. So lets back down off that so called high horse of yours dude.

Which everyone who can read is totally aware of.


Exactly the same as any previous swap. Not one swap was ever done with the sole purpose of making it marketable, that came after when the salesmen got wind of it.


Not really, anyone can bring something to market if they have the desire to do so. Selling is the easy part (just look at all the shit that sells by the millions for evidence), making something people (and can afford/justify) want is the hard part. - You sound a bit bitter here in this statement Jon. I wonder why??


It is only a moot point for you and you alone. Everyone else is happy to discuss it and try to help its progress. It's obvious that if it takes off and gets interest from other people you'll be straight on the bandwagon trying to make kits you can sell.
But for now it's just a one/two/three-off, so maybe let them get on with the project. - You see I think its the cultural difference between you and I, because you did not understand that I was referring to this debate between only you and I, not the OP. I only stated to the OP that this is not a supported swap and it will be expensive and non supported meaning if something breaks, he has to recustomize everything all over again. That was my point. I gather you did not key into that while reading.

Try not to forget that this is a discussion forum for like-minded people, not just a market place for some. - I have never forgotten that Jon, I simply dont agree with letting people jump off a cliff without being informed. You have your way and I have mine. Ok...good moving on...
Now can we dispense with the attacking my posts and be of better support to the OP. I know they love to see our arguing but it is boring me now.
__________________
My Facebook page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Danny19 - JDM RH Drive) (1Funryd - H23 Swap) (B20luda - Turbo Charged H22)Representing All of 3rd Gens!!!
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #43
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado
 
88SE Lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Rust country, Minnisooda.
Posts: 10,628
88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Quote:
Ahemm... I have been helping a lot of people without compensation as well Jon, way before I started down the road of aftermarket, you are just forgetting all of that since you are so focused on always trying to be right and never once admitting you get just as personal as anyone else. And I still do I get the gambit of pms and emails and social media pms like most. So lets back down off that so called high horse of yours dude.
Same old crap Sean, you always, without exception, start this crap and get all upset when I respond in the same manner. If you tried sticking to the topic in hand instead of always trying to score points on me you wouldn't look so bitter and foolish.
I get personal if you try to insult me, that's your choice.
I'm not at all focused on being right, it's just hard not to be when you're the one arguing.
And I like my high horse, it helps me look down on you.



Quote:
Not really, anyone can bring something to market if they have the desire to do so. Selling is the easy part (just look at all the shit that sells by the millions for evidence), making something people (and can afford/justify) want is the hard part. - You sound a bit bitter here in this statement Jon. I wonder why??
I have no idea, maybe you should tell me.
Just so as you know, I'm not in the slightest bit bitter, why the hell would I be? I'm just stating a fact.
I suspect you're going to wow us with your great salesman prowess (lol) and I'm meant to be envious of it..... I really have no idea wtf you're going on about. Just looks like another attempt to fog the issue.


Quote:
- You see I think its the cultural difference between you and I, because you did not understand that I was referring to this debate between only you and I, not the OP. I only stated to the OP that this is not a supported swap and it will be expensive and non supported meaning if something breaks, he has to recustomize everything all over again. That was my point. I gather you did not key into that while reading.
No idea if/how it's cultural.. not even sure what 'culture' you are. But most people here understand me.
I was (and still am) trying to keep the conversation about the thread's topic, you took it off course as usual. I'd say if you don't want to discuss the swap here then don't, if you want to throw petty insults at me then choose a better method/place.


Quote:
Try not to forget that this is a discussion forum for like-minded people, not just a market place for some. - I have never forgotten that Jon, I simply dont agree with letting people jump off a cliff without being informed. You have your way and I have mine. Ok...good moving on...
This is where we have a problem, you're technical/engineering knowledge is sadly lacking in comparison with many people here, the person who seems to be doing this swap included.
You're telling someone they shouldn't do something based solely on the fact that it's a not a mass market kit or one that you support. It's been said before when you've nay-sayed other's ideas, if that was the case no-one would ever do anything unique or progressive.
I really don't see any cliffs being peered over here, let alone jumped off.




Quote:
Now can we dispense with the attacking my posts

So you can attack me but I'm not allowed to counter your on-topic comments that are unhelpful to the op? Hypocrisy is never far away.


Quote:
and be of better support to the OP.
Well in that case you could answer the questions I've asked you instead of getting in to the personal crap. But as is often the case you never actually reply to genuinely helpful questions.



Quote:
I know they love to see our arguing but it is boring me now.
So stop then, it's real easy if you have the desire.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2015, 02:34 AM   #44
euphorictree88@gmail.com
Getting Comfortable
 
euphorictree88@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Spruce Grove
Posts: 29
euphorictree88@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Thankyou everyone for the input

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SE Lude View Post

Same old crap Sean, you always, without exception, start this crap and get all upset when I respond in the same manner. If you tried sticking to the topic in hand instead of always trying to score points on me you wouldn't look so bitter and foolish.
I get personal if you try to insult me, that's your choice.
I'm not at all focused on being right, it's just hard not to be when you're the one arguing.
And I like my high horse, it helps me look down on you.




I have no idea, maybe you should tell me.
Just so as you know, I'm not in the slightest bit bitter, why the hell would I be? I'm just stating a fact.
I suspect you're going to wow us with your great salesman prowess (lol) and I'm meant to be envious of it..... I really have no idea wtf you're going on about. Just looks like another attempt to fog the issue.



No idea if/how it's cultural.. not even sure what 'culture' you are. But most people here understand me.
I was (and still am) trying to keep the conversation about the thread's topic, you took it off course as usual. I'd say if you don't want to discuss the swap here then don't, if you want to throw petty insults at me then choose a better method/place.



This is where we have a problem, you're technical/engineering knowledge is sadly lacking in comparison with many people here, the person who seems to be doing this swap included.
You're telling someone they shouldn't do something based solely on the fact that it's a not a mass market kit or one that you support. It's been said before when you've nay-sayed other's ideas, if that was the case no-one would ever do anything unique or progressive.
I really don't see any cliffs being peered over here, let alone jumped off.






So you can attack me but I'm not allowed to counter your on-topic comments that are unhelpful to the op? Hypocrisy is never far away.



Well in that case you could answer the questions I've asked you instead of getting in to the personal crap. But as is often the case you never actually reply to genuinely helpful questions.




So stop then, it's real easy if you have the desire.
Hey thanks everyone for the input on this topic, I'm fairly new to the Honda community, fuck I bought 2 of them lol it appears that his has been thought of before. I have come across a rare opportunity where the price was right and what better way to spend some money and push the envelope.

There was a lot of great ideas, and I hope that there will be many more to come. Once I iron out some kinks, I will start a build thread and we will see the project come together.
euphorictree88@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #45
1funryd
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Originally from Guam, now in Auburn, WA
Age: 45
Posts: 16,003
1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SE Lude View Post

Same old crap Sean, you always, without exception, start this crap and get all upset when I respond in the same manner. If you tried sticking to the topic in hand instead of always trying to score points on me you wouldn't look so bitter and foolish.
I get personal if you try to insult me, that's your choice.
I'm not at all focused on being right, it's just hard not to be when you're the one arguing.
And I like my high horse, it helps me look down on you.




I have no idea, maybe you should tell me.
Just so as you know, I'm not in the slightest bit bitter, why the hell would I be? I'm just stating a fact.
I suspect you're going to wow us with your great salesman prowess (lol) and I'm meant to be envious of it..... I really have no idea wtf you're going on about. Just looks like another attempt to fog the issue.



No idea if/how it's cultural.. not even sure what 'culture' you are. But most people here understand me.
I was (and still am) trying to keep the conversation about the thread's topic, you took it off course as usual. I'd say if you don't want to discuss the swap here then don't, if you want to throw petty insults at me then choose a better method/place.



This is where we have a problem, you're technical/engineering knowledge is sadly lacking in comparison with many people here, the person who seems to be doing this swap included.
You're telling someone they shouldn't do something based solely on the fact that it's a not a mass market kit or one that you support. It's been said before when you've nay-sayed other's ideas, if that was the case no-one would ever do anything unique or progressive.
I really don't see any cliffs being peered over here, let alone jumped off.






So you can attack me but I'm not allowed to counter your on-topic comments that are unhelpful to the op? Hypocrisy is never far away.



Well in that case you could answer the questions I've asked you instead of getting in to the personal crap. But as is often the case you never actually reply to genuinely helpful questions.




So stop then, it's real easy if you have the desire.
Hahahahaha!!!! You are such a bitter old man dude. Grow up...lol!!!

I have no idea as to why you even try to respond?
I stated my facts, and you stated yours, move on your so bitter...
__________________
My Facebook page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Danny19 - JDM RH Drive) (1Funryd - H23 Swap) (B20luda - Turbo Charged H22)Representing All of 3rd Gens!!!
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #46
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado
 
88SE Lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Rust country, Minnisooda.
Posts: 10,628
88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
As usual sean, your retort is the same old gibberish nonsense, avoidance of the actual issues/questions, and your insular notion that you said something even vaguely worthwhile. You didn't.



Quote:
Originally Posted by euphorictree88@gmail.com View Post
Hey thanks everyone for the input on this topic, I'm fairly new to the Honda community, fuck I bought 2 of them lol it appears that his has been thought of before. I have come across a rare opportunity where the price was right and what better way to spend some money and push the envelope.

There was a lot of great ideas, and I hope that there will be many more to come. Once I iron out some kinks, I will start a build thread and we will see the project come together.
And what better way to do a project than having those things almost force your hand. How can you not try it with the circumstances given here
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #47
1funryd
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Originally from Guam, now in Auburn, WA
Age: 45
Posts: 16,003
1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SE Lude View Post
As usual sean, your retort is the same old gibberish nonsense, avoidance of the actual issues/questions, and your insular notion that you said something even vaguely worthwhile. You didn't...

lol!!!! Ok Jon Ok you win dude, I never did anything to help here only you...smh...lol!!!
Whatever...(hahaha...walks away lmao!!!)
__________________
My Facebook page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Danny19 - JDM RH Drive) (1Funryd - H23 Swap) (B20luda - Turbo Charged H22)Representing All of 3rd Gens!!!
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2015, 05:34 PM   #48
Daugaard
Getting Comfortable
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 94
Daugaard is on a distinguished road
bouckarooo i salute you.
The K is by far the best engine honda has made so the car will be awesome when its done.
If you finnish first i will gladly trade you some cash for engine mounts!
Daugaard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2015, 06:29 PM   #49
silverwrench1337
Getting Comfortable
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 52
silverwrench1337 is on a distinguished road
i say go for it! this should be awesome, to hell with the naysayers. and who cares if there is a hole on the hood, i'd be too busy enjoying the awesome new engine to care about that.

and to 1funryd and jon. why don't both of you stop derailing people's threads.
silverwrench1337 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #50
1funryd
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Originally from Guam, now in Auburn, WA
Age: 45
Posts: 16,003
1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwrench1337 View Post
i say go for it! this should be awesome, to hell with the naysayers. and who cares if there is a hole on the hood, i'd be too busy enjoying the awesome new engine to care about that.

and to 1funryd and jon. why don't both of you stop derailing people's threads.
Yeah right, I was not trying to do that but it always goes this way even after I say lets just let it go.

Hahaha!!! And if you did not read my earlier posts, I said "I hope it gets done..." because so many say they want it and never make it happen.

But silverwrench this swap has been done already and there really is no way around cutting that hood.
I dont personally like losing my hoodline for motor swap, so I would not do it.
__________________
My Facebook page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Clik Here)
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Danny19 - JDM RH Drive) (1Funryd - H23 Swap) (B20luda - Turbo Charged H22)Representing All of 3rd Gens!!!
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
Type the last 3 characters on the Prelude license plate displayed at the top left of the page: FSV _ _ _
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:23 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011, Preludepower.com
PreludePower Forums