3gen sohc header - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Review Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Getting Comfortable
othermike is on a distinguished road
Cool 3gen sohc header

Has anyone had any experience with headers for 2.0S 3rd Gen sohc header? I'd like to find a good one if there's one out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 AM
I am Prelude

xkjnboix will become famous soon enough
money is best spent elsewhere like on a PGMFI head and ecu.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Getting Comfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkjnboix View Post
money is best spent elsewhere like on a PGMFI head and ecu.
Thank you for your invaluabvle advice. Does anyone have anything intelligent to say?
I race a 2.0 S in a sohc class - and do very well, beating very hot Neons, 240s, Mustangs, etc.
I am looking for a good header. If anyone has one, I' like to talk.
Thank you.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by othermike View Post
Thank you for your invaluabvle advice. Does anyone have anything intelligent to say?
I race a 2.0 S in a sohc class - and do very well, beating very hot Neons, 240s, Mustangs, etc.
Thank you.
Good luck bro, you will not find one. You are better off going to a known header fabricator and having one built.

DC used to make them over 10 years ago, but they never made as many units as the Fuel Injected models.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:16 PM
I am Prelude

xkjnboix will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Thank you.
The restricting information you provided in this post would have benefited you to place in your initial post to increase the chance of viable replies in a timely manor. Receipt of invaluable information can be credited to negligence on your part. Also the rare chance of someone actually having a mass produced sohc bastard b header is slim to none as sean mentioned. GL on your search.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Getting Comfortable

Quote:
The restricting information you provided in this post would have benefited you to place in your initial post to increase the chance of viable replies in a timely manor. Receipt of invaluable information can be credited to negligence on your part. Also the rare chance of someone actually having a mass produced sohc bastard b header is slim to none as sean mentioned. GL on your search.
Actually a couple of manufacturers did sell them in the day, and there have been some offered for sale on this site a few years ago, but I didn't need one then. I expect that somebody has one, and will pm me.

btw. I've got a room full of trophies that says that a properly prepared 3gen sohc Prelude is the match for almost anything under 2.5 litres. Including injected cars. Probably faster than what you're driving.
People slag them because they don't understand them. Look at the twin side-draft carbs, and then look at a racing bike. Basically the same unrestricted airflow as a set of Mikunis, with some extra plumbing that comes out.
With the right cam, jetting, suspension, and a lot of experience it is a very fast car. The only guy to beat me in the championship the last 2 years is 1/3 my age, and runs an injected 4valve Nissan with a 20% bigger engine.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Getting Comfortable

Quote:
Actually a couple of manufacturers did sell them in the day, and there have been some offered for sale on this site a few years ago, but I didn't need one then. I expect that somebody has one, and will pm me.

btw. I've got a room full of trophies that says that a properly prepared 3gen sohc Prelude is the match for almost anything under 2.5 litres. Including injected cars. Probably faster than what you're driving.
People slag them because they don't understand them. Look at the twin side-draft carbs, and then look at a racing bike. Basically the same unrestricted airflow as a set of Mikunis, with some extra plumbing that comes out.
With the right cam, jetting, suspension, and a lot of experience it is a very fast car. The only guy to beat me in the championship the last 2 years is 1/3 my age, and runs an injected 4valve Nissan with a 20% bigger engine.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Lude Addict

Sockee is on a distinguished road
Quote:

So we all missed the boat on this awesome potential of carb performance on the B20A3. Thank god you came along now.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Getting Comfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW3Lude View Post
So we all missed the boat on this awesome potential of carb performance on the B20A3. Thank god you came along now.
I'm not saying you missed the boat, with your twin cam SI 3rd Gens. I have one of those too. A 1991 SR. But a well-prepared race car is going to out-perform pretty well any street car of the same model.
In 10 years of racing 3rd Gen 2.0 "S" Preludes, I've had about 3 dozen race wins, and over 150 Top-5 finishes, in a field of typically 30 cars. So yes, my car IS fast. But the competition doesn't rest, so neither can I. So that is why I'm looking for a good set of headers.
By the way, I built my first race car in 1972. It was a terrible car, by comparison, but I've managed to learn a few things since then.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Lude Addict

Sockee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
But a well-prepared race car is going to out-perform pretty well any street car of the same model.
I'm getting the impression its more of your driving with the car's ability than its the cars ability in the speed department. Which is all great and what not. I just don't see an s model with the same $ amount out performing a SI (b20A5)

The $ amount to performance is what killed the S. And no one really likes carbs.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Getting Comfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW3Lude View Post
I'm getting the impression its more of your driving with the car's ability than its the cars ability in the speed department. Which is all great and what not. I just don't see an s model with the same $ amount out performing a SI (b20A5)

The $ amount to performance is what killed the S. And no one really likes carbs.
That's the beauty of racing. You can do away with the emissions control stuff, and just deal with the science of what makes torque and horsepower. Stripped down to their essentials, Honda carbs are actually pretty effective. A good cam and other stuff helps too. Sure, sometimes racing can get a bit expensive if you let it, but I tend to do most of the grunt work myself, and leave the fine tuning to a genius dyno guy.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Elite Member

frijoles will become famous soon enoughfrijoles will become famous soon enough
Actually, I believe that A series engine headers fit. The 2nd gen guys might have more information for you, but a few months ago I do believe someone used an exhaust manifold gasket off of one of their engines and it did fit. You might want to look into that, because they DO have exhaust manifolds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement