OBX Twin loop (Mugen Replica) - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Review Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Getting Comfortable
cannito16 is an unknown quantity at this point
OBX Twin loop (Mugen Replica)

Does anyone has one of these? I have on mind getting this exhaust and 2.5" piping. Any reviews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Lude Dude

AzN13oi90 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannito16 View Post
Does anyone has one of these? I have on mind getting this exhaust and 2.5" piping. Any reviews
Depends what else you plan to get. If you get a header and a resonator, it would sound okay. I have just the piping and the obx muffler and it is raspy, I'm going to get a header, resonator and a vibrant muffler for a deeper tone.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:10 AM
U Aware?

Prudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to behold
I'll post a review on this muffler in a few weeks hopefully. I just got mine and am just waiting to get it welded up.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Lude Addict

SEVNZLUDE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannito16 View Post
I have the stock piping with the Twin Loop muffler 2.5" to 3.5" tip...I love the sound of it..I am going to get the stock exhaust ripped off and put on a full 2.5" piping for a deeper tone..
Old 10-25-2011, 11:09 PM
True Luder

vtecpower20 will become famous soon enoughvtecpower20 will become famous soon enough
I posted a review of mine on PO awhile ago. I'm not going to copy/paste the whole thing here, so here's the link :http://www.preludeonline.com/f60/obx...ctures-252358/
Old 12-01-2011, 01:29 PM
True Luder

JFinn is on a distinguished road
Ive got this muffler with a hi flow cat, and two resonators. 2.5 inch piping all the way back. Its a little bit loud for me but not too bad. Its got a good tone and it looks damn good
Old 01-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Lude Dude

Colominicano is on a distinguished road
i have the OBX R muffler and it sounds great.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Getting Comfortable

1SleekWheelman is on a distinguished road
I got no review links, but I can give you my thoughts on it.

It's easy on the ears. 'Nuff said.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Getting Comfortable

sKetcheD is on a distinguished road
Does the replica match up to the sound of the original of the authentic mugen one?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Getting Comfortable

Haase is on a distinguished road
I have a 4-2-1 header, 2.5" exhaust and high flow cat with the OBX twin loop and it sounds nice, a little loud but nice. I am going to get a resonator to hopefully quiet it down but it does sound really nice
Old 03-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Getting Comfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haase View Post
I have a 4-2-1 header, 2.5" exhaust and high flow cat with the OBX twin loop and it sounds nice, a little loud but nice. I am going to get a resonator to hopefully quiet it down but it does sound really nice
so are you saying the obx is louder than the real mugen? cause i heard the mugen one and it doesn't seem too loud to me
Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Lude Boss

schmitty has a spectacular aura aboutschmitty has a spectacular aura aboutschmitty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sKetcheD View Post
so are you saying the obx is louder than the real mugen? cause i heard the mugen one and it doesn't seem too loud to me
He doesn't have a resonator yet. If you run ANY exhaust setup without a resonator, it will always be louder than the exact same setup with a resonator.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Getting Comfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty915 View Post
He doesn't have a resonator yet. If you run ANY exhaust setup without a resonator, it will always be louder than the exact same setup with a resonator.
I understand, I misunderstood his post. I though he had the whole Mugen exhaust system that would come with a resonator.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Lude Dude

veebutt is an unknown quantity at this point
i heard it on a 5g, nice sound.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:37 AM
True Luder

ZekeComa is on a distinguished road
Where can I find one of these?
Old 09-14-2012, 04:53 AM
U Aware?

Prudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to behold
Installed on my car, vibrant header tri-y, vibrant cat and resonator, obx twin loop, sounds fucking badass! So throaty, no rasp, kind of reminds me of a boxter motor (subaru wrx) and quiet when idle or low speeds. No pain on the ear due to low frequencies either.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Getting Comfortable

JDM23Lude is on a distinguished road
This is exactly what I was looking at getting.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Getting Comfortable

edul88 is on a distinguished road
I bought a twin loop muffler($55), no name, off ebay with a resonated test pipe($35). I just recently had it put on, and damn is it a nice sounding system.

It's real deep, not high pitch. It's that tone that makes people turn around and go "what car is making that??" and never think its ricey. I have already had several people come up and complement me on the car and it's exhaust.

I find it's a lil quiet in the cabin, wish "I" could hear it more but the sound is there. I feel the difference with the smoother airflow through the exhaust, got a lil more low end power thankfully, but you get this from any free-flowing system i guess.

When its on the car, it looks a little too big because of its design, but the 3g ludes have a nice valley where it takes majority of it into the body, but still be able to see the twin loops.

So overall, for what i paid total(105) the twin loop system is amazing, far from my fears of buying from ebay. If the OBX sounds any better, i could see myself buying that one too. So to the OP or anyone thinking of buying one, i highly recommend them from MY experience, they are amazing, and real complement our cars.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Getting Comfortable

edul88 is on a distinguished road
Sorry, it just occurred to me that this is probably a thread for only the obx muffler, but i hope that it was helpful, sorta?
Old 06-20-2013, 03:42 PM

jordanangelo is on a distinguished road
Did you end up buying the exhaust? I've been thinking about buying one off ebay too and installing a resonator. I've had some ppl tell me that it isnt good to wield things on the car if i plan i driving it for years to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement