Fujitsubo Legalis - R Cat-back Exhaust - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Review Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-27-2010, 09:57 AM
gotjnco's Avatar
gotjnco gotjnco is offline
Lude Addict
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DISNEY CRUISE LINE in LA
Posts: 655
gotjnco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gotjnco Send a message via MSN to gotjnco Send a message via Yahoo to gotjnco
Fujitsubo Legalis - R Cat-back Exhaust

I love this Exhaust...

It is JASMA approved

I don't know if this applies to all the exhaust, but mine also has a serial number embedded to the exhaust it looks neat, since the first two letters are black while the numbers are all polished.

When I first got it and compared to my stock exhaust, the weight between the two was a big difference... The stock one was way way heavier.

Another thing I noticed that the brackets that holds the exhaust up are hollow.

Just one problem though... the exhaust was a tad bit longer than the stock one, I don't know why it was about 1" longer. So have a muffler shop to cut an inch off the pipe.

After installation, the sound of the exhaust was near stock. One Note I want to emphasize is that, an exhaust does not need to sound loud to give any performance gain. At high rpms the exhaust was not too loud nor sounded like a rice rocket.

After driving around for a while with this system, my car feels smoother. The vtec crossover was smooth as well. When I was in 4th gear @ 4000rpm and wanted to pass someone, I did not need to down shift to third and do a rapid change lane, I just opened the throttle more and the car picked up SMOOTHLY with no problems.

My MPG has gone up as well.

I do not have any sound clips at the moment, but I have a few pictures...





Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 02-04-2011, 10:48 AM
92sr4ws 92sr4ws is offline
Getting Comfortable
 
Posts: 48
92sr4ws is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjnco View Post
I love this Exhaust...

It is JASMA approved

I don't know if this applies to all the exhaust, but mine also has a serial number embedded to the exhaust it looks neat, since the first two letters are black while the numbers are all polished.

When I first got it and compared to my stock exhaust, the weight between the two was a big difference... The stock one was way way heavier.

Another thing I noticed that the brackets that holds the exhaust up are hollow.

Just one problem though... the exhaust was a tad bit longer than the stock one, I don't know why it was about 1" longer. So have a muffler shop to cut an inch off the pipe.

After installation, the sound of the exhaust was near stock. One Note I want to emphasize is that, an exhaust does not need to sound loud to give any performance gain. At high rpms the exhaust was not too loud nor sounded like a rice rocket.

After driving around for a while with this system, my car feels smoother. The vtec crossover was smooth as well. When I was in 4th gear @ 4000rpm and wanted to pass someone, I did not need to down shift to third and do a rapid change lane, I just opened the throttle more and the car picked up SMOOTHLY with no problems.

My MPG has gone up as well.

I do not have any sound clips at the moment, but I have a few pictures...






Looks really good, and I bet it sounds great too. I had a Fujitsubo legalis on my MR2 and it was so quite, yet flowed really well. I loved it.

What size piping is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 03-20-2011, 09:52 AM
gotjnco gotjnco is offline
Lude Addict
 
Posts: 655
gotjnco is on a distinguished road
it is 2.4 inches i believe, not soo 2.5 like i thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 AM
bellua bellua is offline
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
bellua is on a distinguished road
that is seriously cool, is there somewhere online i can get one that you know of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Daddy_Danglez Daddy_Danglez is offline
Getting Comfortable
 
Posts: 86
Daddy_Danglez is on a distinguished road
Any reviews on the 5th gen version. And also would you compare the sound to the twin loop (quiet when cruising but aggressive when open throttle)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-15-2011, 11:50 PM
gotjnco gotjnco is offline
Lude Addict
 
Posts: 655
gotjnco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAngLez_01SH View Post
Any reviews on the 5th gen version. And also would you compare the sound to the twin loop (quiet when cruising but aggressive when open throttle)

I dont know but it sure is quiet... 98db after hitting VTEC...

btw... TEIN distributes their product...

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...17cN8CBQ8KEobw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:07 AM
gotjnco gotjnco is offline
Lude Addict
 
Posts: 655
gotjnco is on a distinguished road
For more info:




BB1-BB4 Prelude VTEC


Basic model of high efficiency and large-diameter exhaust.

Tuned up cars from a normal car, both efficiency and high torque at high rpm's low and medium rpm range.

MAIN SILENCER & TAIL END


Basic information

Product name Legalis R Part No. 760-53441 Price 94,500 ( 90,000 tax) JASMA number 92 000275 JAN code 4944997757416 Compatible models BB1-BB4 Prelude VTEC Body type: E-BB1-E-BB4 Engine Model: H22A Year: H3.09 ~ H8.11 Notices Order products
Remarks Detailed data include BB4




Specification

Exit geometry 90φ Slash (8 ) Pipe diameter 60.5φ Minimum ground clearance Roof Height 1295mm (1290mm car registration) measurements by car, the intermediate pipe (from 129mm behind rear axle) 130mm in Accessory list
  • Gasket seals 1
  • 1 ring gasket
  • M10 20 2 set of flange bolts and nuts

Spec


Standard (STD) FUJITSUBO Maximum output 128.4kw (174.6ps) 133.2kw (181.2ps) Muffler Weight - 15.2kg
The company tested the ※. Vehicle data is measured, depends on measurement conditions.

Standard (STD) FUJITSUBO

Idle Volume
66dB 65dB Exhaust noise near (5100rpm)
93dB 92dB 3000rpm 76dB 76dB
5000rpm 87dB 85dB
4000rpm ~ 6000rpm
Response 100dB 98dB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 06-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Daddy_Danglez Daddy_Danglez is offline
Getting Comfortable
 
Posts: 86
Daddy_Danglez is on a distinguished road
Alright! So its somewhat similar to the apexi world sport2.. are those volume numbers with the silencer in or out. I'm looking for something that resembles the look and sound of the twin loop. Unless I can find one of those Lolz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
gotjnco gotjnco is offline
Lude Addict
 
Posts: 655
gotjnco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAngLez_01SH View Post
Alright! So its somewhat similar to the apexi world sport2.. are those volume numbers with the silencer in or out. I'm looking for something that resembles the look and sound of the twin loop. Unless I can find one of those Lolz

Without the silencer... I love mine!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 06-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Daddy_Danglez Daddy_Danglez is offline
Getting Comfortable
 
Posts: 86
Daddy_Danglez is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjnco View Post
For more info:




BB1-BB4 Prelude VTEC


Basic model of high efficiency and large-diameter exhaust.

Tuned up cars from a normal car, both efficiency and high torque at high rpm's low and medium rpm range.

MAIN SILENCER & TAIL END


Basic information

Product name Legalis R Part No. 760-53441 Price 94,500 ( 90,000 tax) JASMA number 92 000275 JAN code 4944997757416 Compatible models BB1-BB4 Prelude VTEC Body type: E-BB1-E-BB4 Engine Model: H22A Year: H3.09 ~ H8.11 Notices Order products
Remarks Detailed data include BB4




Specification

Exit geometry 90φ Slash (8 ) Pipe diameter 60.5φ Minimum ground clearance Roof Height 1295mm (1290mm car registration) measurements by car, the intermediate pipe (from 129mm behind rear axle) 130mm in Accessory list
  • Gasket seals 1
  • 1 ring gasket
  • M10 20 2 set of flange bolts and nuts

Spec


Standard (STD) FUJITSUBO Maximum output 128.4kw (174.6ps) 133.2kw (181.2ps) Muffler Weight - 15.2kg
The company tested the ※. Vehicle data is measured, depends on measurement conditions.

Standard (STD) FUJITSUBO

Idle Volume
66dB 65dB Exhaust noise near (5100rpm)
93dB 92dB 3000rpm 76dB 76dB
5000rpm 87dB 85dB
4000rpm ~ 6000rpm
Response 100dB 98dB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjnco View Post
Without the silencer... I love mine!!!
Im seriously thinking about picking one up, but I've never heard it in person, their are very few preludes in st.louis for reference Haha. I mean if you don't mind me shooting you some questions,does it have a nice tone? Like I want an exhaust that I won't ft annoyed with. Ex. Highway drone at 3500.. if it makes sense I want something that sounds pretty close to stock but distinct enough that when I'm WOT its like a different car. Sound wise. Idk this sounds a lot harder than what I'm trying to explain. Haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 06-20-2011, 08:28 AM
socal92si socal92si is offline
Getting Comfortable
 
Posts: 10
socal92si is on a distinguished road
Is there a difference between or do you know if they carry one for non vtec ludes like my lonely h23?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 06-21-2011, 12:06 AM
mikeschmeee mikeschmeee is offline
Ludacious
 
Posts: 1,346
mikeschmeee has a spectacular aura aboutmikeschmeee has a spectacular aura about
oh ma! That looks so nice! I have a Mugen twin loop on my 5th gen but this exhaust you have looks sweet on a 4th gen. I want a 4th gen now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 06-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Daddy_Danglez Daddy_Danglez is offline
Getting Comfortable
 
Posts: 86
Daddy_Danglez is on a distinguished road
Just put it on my 5th gen. Along with an obx high-flow cat. Sounds amazing and its not even broke in yet. Just like I wanted its got a nice quiet tone in town driving but WOT its got some character to it. Beautifully put together looks amazing! I would recommend this exhaust to EVERY prelude out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 10-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Soumetheus Soumetheus is offline
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Soumetheus is on a distinguished road
I think I just found the exhaust that I want. Looks real good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 11-08-2011, 02:02 PM
gotjnco gotjnco is offline
Lude Addict
 
Posts: 655
gotjnco is on a distinguished road
I'm glad you guys are enjoying it...

if you want to buy one brand new... it'll run you $985

i have a connection in the UK... LMK...

By the way, I replied to everyone's emails
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #16  
Old 11-12-2011, 04:22 AM
realblag realblag is offline
True Luder
 
Posts: 292
realblag is on a distinguished road
I just bought a Fujitsubo Legalis R for my 5G from tuneshop on E-bay. I "best offer"ed it for $529.99 with free shipping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 11-14-2011, 12:12 PM
gotjnco gotjnco is offline
Lude Addict
 
Posts: 655
gotjnco is on a distinguished road
^^ WOW... Now that's a deal!!!! post pix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 11-15-2011, 03:34 AM
realblag realblag is offline
True Luder
 
Posts: 292
realblag is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjnco View Post
^^ WOW... Now that's a deal!!!! post pix
It hasn't arrived yet. I'll post picks when I get time to put it on, but I warn you now, my bumper is effed. It looks like the previous owner somehow got the exhaust hot enough (or something more idiotic) to melt the oem rear lip and bumper .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 11-21-2011, 12:03 PM
realblag realblag is offline
True Luder
 
Posts: 292
realblag is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjnco View Post
^^ WOW... Now that's a deal!!!! post pix
Just came in. Idk when I will get the time to put it on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 11-21-2011, 05:23 PM
gblack17 gblack17 is offline
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
gblack17 is on a distinguished road
got the same exhaust last month along with a hytech replica header. I'm more active in PZ, but I think i'll start posting on here. As for the exhaust, I love it! very subtle tone, quiet at cruising and daily driving, yet aggressive at WOT.
[IMG] By jdmluder17 at 2011-09-06[/IMG]

By jdmluder17 at 2011-09-06

By jdmluder17 at 2011-09-06
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 12-04-2011, 04:08 PM
realblag realblag is offline
True Luder
 
Posts: 292
realblag is on a distinguished road
I finally got to put my Legalis R catback on the car today. This is my DD so I didn't want anything annoying. It is fantastic! I'm using a Magnaflow direct fit cat, stock header, and the stock airbox. It might be a tiny bit louder than OEM at idle from inside the car. Blipping the throttle makes some wonderful low pitched burbles that you can only get from a large diameter tip. While accelerating, you can hear it up to about 3200-3500 rpm but then the sound from the motor overpowers it. If you had a CIA or short ram, I'm not sure if you would hear it at all. At cruising speeds, it is about the same as stock but has more of a growl. The butt-dyno didn't detect any more power, but with 150k+ miles on the motor this was expected. My only complaint is the connection between the mid-pipe and the tail section hangs kinda low. I'm thinking I can tweek the hanger closest to this area and get it to do better. Overall, I am very pleased with this exhaust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 12-07-2011, 01:49 AM
MartD MartD is offline
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
MartD is on a distinguished road
do you have a base or sh? how much does the tip stick out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 12-07-2011, 03:33 AM
realblag realblag is offline
True Luder
 
Posts: 292
realblag is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartD View Post
do you have a base or sh? how much does the tip stick out?
I have a Base. It doesn't stick out much further than the stock tips but it alot bigger so its a bit more noticeable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 12-24-2011, 03:45 PM
ludist ludist is offline
Lude Cray
 
Posts: 873
ludist has a spectacular aura aboutludist has a spectacular aura about
Anyone running this exhaust have a clip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 01-08-2012, 12:50 PM
gotjnco gotjnco is offline
Lude Addict
 
Posts: 655
gotjnco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludist View Post
Anyone running this exhaust have a clip?
I'll create a clip... but now my exhaust sounds even sexier....

I just added my Fujitsubo Super EX header
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
fujitsubo, h22a, jasma, jdm

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
Type the last 3 characters on the Prelude license plate displayed at the top left of the page: FSV _ _ _
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Review: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Review Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011, Preludepower.com
PreludePower Forums