H22a Engine Harness (wire colours) - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Prudz_lude
U Aware?

Prudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to behold
H22a Engine Harness (wire colours)

So i have few cut wires in a harness i bought from someone. I need to get this harness on my car now before i can continue working on my engine. I have a helms manual and searched every electrical page only to find how to route it. It never goes into detail on wire colours.

Can someone please help me out? Does anyone know any sites with info or have a file with this info? I need specifics on what each colour wire is for. I have a green with a yellow stripe that is cut on the passenger side that i have no clue where it goes since no other wire is in the harness cut, in the same colour.
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Prudz_lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
JeremyGTS
Ludacious

JeremyGTS will become famous soon enoughJeremyGTS will become famous soon enough
Try to PM MaoZeBong. He has books from his school that have ALL the wires color codes. He helped me wire up my harness one time. Hes pretty helpful im sure he would look that wire up for you and any others you might need to know.
BB Squad #64 (v.2)
She don't love me, she in love with my car!
JeremyGTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
Prudz_lude
U Aware?

Prudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to behold
Thanks, i sent him a pm

Hopefully he can help.
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
MaoZeBong
Lude Boss

MaoZeBong is a jewel in the roughMaoZeBong is a jewel in the roughMaoZeBong is a jewel in the rough
you got questions, ive got answers that i have already replied!

MaoZeBong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
Prudz_lude
U Aware?

Rep'd both of you!
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

Old 09-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
Tizzakowack
Lude Boss

Tizzakowack will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Tizzakowack Send a message via MSN to Tizzakowack
im a little curious too. could someone send me the info too if you have it.

Tizzakowack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #7
5SpdH22
I am Prelude

5SpdH22 is a jewel in the rough5SpdH22 is a jewel in the rough5SpdH22 is a jewel in the rough5SpdH22 is a jewel in the rough
Here's something I made that might help someone.. I have tons of this type of stuff in a folder.

This is what my harness looks like right now: =)

5SpdH22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
MaoZeBong
Lude Boss

MaoZeBong is a jewel in the roughMaoZeBong is a jewel in the roughMaoZeBong is a jewel in the rough
wow, when you finish that, write that shit up. i know of a place to get shrink wrap and terminals galore so ive been waiting to do that

Old 09-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
Prudz_lude
U Aware?

YES! That is what i am talking about. Thank you, this is going to be stickied! REPPED! Do you have the same diagram for the 2 headlight harnesses?
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

Old 09-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #10
5SpdH22
I am Prelude

5SpdH22 is a jewel in the rough5SpdH22 is a jewel in the rough5SpdH22 is a jewel in the rough5SpdH22 is a jewel in the rough
No sorry, I haven't even touched those yet. If I do end up redoing them, I'll make another diagram though.

This harness is gonna take a while, I left it at home for the fall semester so it's not getting anything done right now. Maybe over winter break since I'm usually bored out of my mind then.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
MaoZeBong
Lude Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5SpdH22 View Post
No sorry, I haven't even touched those yet. If I do end up redoing them, I'll make another diagram though.

This harness is gonna take a while, I left it at home for the fall semester so it's not getting anything done right now. Maybe over winter break since I'm usually bored out of my mind then.
i honestly never thought of tearing it out and redoing it like that. if i finish first ill let you know.

i did notice however that for your vtec solenoid, you have listed grn~blu, honda lists as yel-grn. not saying you are wrong, but id like to know which.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #12
5SpdH22
I am Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoZeBong View Post
i honestly never thought of tearing it out and redoing it like that. if i finish first ill let you know.

i did notice however that for your vtec solenoid, you have listed grn~blu, honda lists as yel-grn. not saying you are wrong, but id like to know which.
Ohhh, good catch. I'll have to fix that. This is an H23 harness and the guy before me wired in VTEC with those colors with a green wire soldered to another blue wire. So yea, you're right.

I was mostly worried about the firewall side for this, and not each individual plug because I'm on a hunt for a mil-spec canon plug to pass it into the cabin.

B9 I think is green with a black stripe I believe, not sure why the tilda is there.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #13
acidcrakker
Back 2 Hackin

acidcrakker has a spectacular aura aboutacidcrakker has a spectacular aura aboutacidcrakker has a spectacular aura about

Lol

You can't find the wiring diagrams for the colors in the Helms.

You think making a stock wire harness is hard, you should of been me making a complete harness for an H22 in the Del Sol. Major pain in the ass.

If you have any questions about this feel free to PM me, I know most of the engine wiring off the top of my head.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #14
mfsnh
True Luder

mfsnh is on a distinguished road

Last edited by mfsnh; 09-03-2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: wrng info
mfsnh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #15
Prudz_lude
U Aware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidcrakker View Post
Lol

You can't find the wiring diagrams for the colors in the Helms.

You think making a stock wire harness is hard, you should of been me making a complete harness for an H22 in the Del Sol. Major pain in the ass.

If you have any questions about this feel free to PM me, I know most of the engine wiring off the top of my head.
It is hard regardless if it is stock or custom when wires are cut and you have no wire diagrams
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

Old 02-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #16
lude_racer420
Lude Dude

lude_racer420 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5SpdH22 View Post
Here's something I made that might help someone.. I have tons of this type of stuff in a folder.

This is what my harness looks like right now: =)
just curious if that is the o2 plug labeled with a "D" if so is it upright with the clip on top lol someone hack the whole connector off my harness before i owned it i guess try to delete the second o2 and think they did the wrong one??? lol

Last edited by lude_racer420; 02-04-2012 at 08:53 PM.
lude_racer420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #17
HellaJDM

HellaJDM is on a distinguished road
Seams like a big puzzle! Does anybody know where I can get the electrical diagrams for a fifth gen lude?
HellaJDM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement