Official J Series Swap Information/discussion thread - Page 2 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:18 PM   #26
socallude99
Lude Dude

socallude99 is on a distinguished road
if a 4 cylinder prelude pulls skeezers...

imagine what a V6 Prelude would pull...

Laguna Hills, CA

Go Packers!
socallude99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #27
dontbuyprelude
Lude Dude

dontbuyprelude is on a distinguished road
one thing to keep in mind is that 4 and 6 cylinder accords have different engine bays and hoods. if this swap were so bolt in for accords (and therefore preludes) everyone would do a j swap not an h22 into their 4 bangin accord
dontbuyprelude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #28
Stroker
Elite Member

Stroker will become famous soon enoughStroker will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month

Wow this seems like an interesting swap.. The motor isn't all that expensive either. I always thought the prelude didn't have any swap potential.. Compared to civics, where you can swap any Honda engine in. This is something I could maybe look forward to myself... Unique.
Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #29
xxfallacyxx
Bearderator

xxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuyprelude View Post
one thing to keep in mind is that 4 and 6 cylinder accords have different engine bays and hoods. if this swap were so bolt in for accords (and therefore preludes) everyone would do a j swap not an h22 into their 4 bangin accord
I do believe we've gone over that already. Civics would actually have smaller engine bays than the ludes. The reason why preludes aren't big for engine swaps is because: THEY'RE HEAVY. Yes, our ludes are big, heavy cars. An EG hatch weights almost 1,000lbs less stock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
J.L.D.E.P.P.M.S.3.C.N.Y.C.N.C.M.A.D
xxfallacyxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 02:19 AM   #30
psud3ity
Administrator

psud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to all
Idk, but if someone can confirm what's posted on wikipedia...

Quote:
J30

The J30 displaces 2,997 cc (2.997 L; 182.9 cu in) and is a SOHC VTEC design. Output for the light weight 250 lb (110 kg) J30A1 was 200 hp (150 kW) @ 5500 RPM and 195 lbft (264 Nm) of torque @ 4700 RPM. The J30A4 pushed output to 240 hp (180 kW) and 212 lbft (287 Nm) using a three-way VTEC system, higher (10:1) compression ratio, and a novel exhaust manifold cast as one piece with the cylinder head. It weighs nearly 20 lb (9.1 kg) less and is an inch shorter than J30A1. This version was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 2003 and 2004. The IMA hybrid version was on the list for 2005. In 2006 to mark the 30th anniversary of the Accord, Honda created the J30A5, which boosted output to 244 hp (SAE Net 08/04) and 211 ftlbf (SAE Net 08/04) of torque. According to Honda, horsepower gains were achieved with extensive improvements to the airflow of the intake and exhaust system.
Whats an H22 weigh anyway? Granted it's not DOHC... but people do still make power with single cam Honda motors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
391HP @ 12psi - Soon to be 650HP

Last edited by psud3ity; 06-05-2010 at 02:22 AM.
psud3ity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #31
KraserK
Lude Cray

KraserK will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by psud3ity View Post

Whats an H22 weigh anyway? Granted it's not DOHC... but people do still make power with single cam Honda motors.
I would like to know that myself. I remember someone on here said that this is better than a c32? you got to be kidding me. Isn't that in the NSX? Hmm unless there is another c32 like a or b sigh DAMN HONDA!

I guess if someone can do this then we can put NSX engines in our car right?
KraserK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 08:07 AM   #32
xxfallacyxx
Bearderator

xxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraserK View Post
I would like to know that myself. I remember someone on here said that this is better than a c32? you got to be kidding me. Isn't that in the NSX? Hmm unless there is another c32 like a or b sigh DAMN HONDA!

I guess if someone can do this then we can put NSX engines in our car right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
The J35A8 would be a better choice IMO. It only produces 4hp less than the C32A, but almost 40lbft of torque more, as well as mating to a 6 speed transmission, and having i-vtec.
Me? A C32A weighs appr. 350lbs(1). I'm trying hard to find the weight of a J35A8, which I said puts out 4 less horsepower, but more torque...

C32B(97-2005 NSX) 290hp, 225tq
J35A8(Acura TL Type S) 286hp, 256tq

31lb-ft more torque.

(1)Source: http://got-jdm.com/JDM/honda-c32a-jd...ock-p-343.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by psud3ity View Post

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=684550

Old 06-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #33
KraserK
Lude Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
Me? A C32A weighs appr. 350lbs(1). I'm trying hard to find the weight of a J35A8, which I said puts out 4 less horsepower, but more torque...

C32B(97-2005 NSX) 290hp, 225tq
J35A8(Acura TL Type S) 286hp, 256tq

31lb-ft more torque.

(1)Source: http://got-jdm.com/JDM/honda-c32a-jd...ock-p-343.html

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=684550
Cheers awesome info there! So the J35A8 is a beast! I want to see this engine in action time for youtube video clips! Thank you for that btw!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #34
firetyrant
Ludacious

firetyrant has a spectacular aura aboutfiretyrant has a spectacular aura about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcnaoVuhr0w
A civic pulling 255 hp 224 torque on first pull then with a SRI 264hp 231 hp

Here's one with the hood closed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fs4itM2lJk

those are the only two that I could really find in a few minutes of searching.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #35
firetyrant
Ludacious

another video of people standing around a civic with a turbo'd j35 with a bunch of them askin how he did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7EemNeiCCQ
Old 06-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #36
da-man
Lude Dude

da-man is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to da-man
j series = NO TIRES and NO TRACTION

WASTE OF TIME

did one already!
da-man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #37
xxfallacyxx
Bearderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by da-man View Post
j series = NO TIRES and NO TRACTION

WASTE OF TIME

did one already!
Yea.... cause 286hp and 256tq is an out of control monster. Talk to the guys pushing 3-400whp on H22s or B-series. It's in the tune and the way you drive it. High quality sticky tires + proper throttle management(Hell, you could probably also take the traction control from the TL with the engine and transmission) = traction.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #38
LudeBB6
Lude Addict

LudeBB6 has disabled reputation
I think traction would be fine, maybe not in first gear but then again the gearing for a J series setup would be totally different than H's so it would probably be fine, when I first got my car off the dyno I think I made like 320tq at the wheels and at that point you need really good sticky tires, even in 4th gear I would be able to break traction.
LudeBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #39
BlkLUDE5G
I am Prelude

BlkLUDE5G is a jewel in the roughBlkLUDE5G is a jewel in the roughBlkLUDE5G is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxviet View Post
dear god... imagine that PLUS vtec ...

BlkLUDE5G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #40
KraserK
Lude Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkLUDE5G View Post
dear god... imagine that PLUS vtec ...
ROFL I am imaging happiest kraser in the world
Old 06-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #41
BlkLUDE5G
I am Prelude

BlkLUDE5G is a jewel in the roughBlkLUDE5G is a jewel in the roughBlkLUDE5G is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
.... excuse me while i go change my pants

BlkLUDE5G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #42
Nasty "Spoon" Lude
True Luder

Nasty "Spoon" Lude is on a distinguished road
you always get traction issues when swapping a motor from one car into a chassis not meant for it, its just a fact still doesnt mean the swap is a waste of time

i found the motor... and im looking to see if the accord mounts work for our cars ill keep you guys posted

"shit aint fast"
Nasty "Spoon" Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #43
Nasty "Spoon" Lude
True Luder

Nasty "Spoon" Lude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetyrant View Post
another video of people standing around a civic with a turbo'd j35 with a bunch of them askin how he did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7EemNeiCCQ
thats an accord swapped with a V6
i was trying to find his build thread because his car was originally a f series accord
id like to know the mounts he used

"shit aint fast"

Last edited by Nasty "Spoon" Lude; 06-05-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Nasty "Spoon" Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #44
firetyrant
Ludacious

my bad, I must of heard something wrong in the video
Old 06-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #45
KraserK
Lude Cray

Quote:
Sorry about my mistake edit imaging to imagining.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #46
xxfallacyxx
Bearderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty "Spoon" Lude View Post
thats an accord swapped with a V6
i was trying to find his build thread because his car was originally a f series accord
id like to know the mounts he used
I do believe he said it right in the video: mounts from a TL type S. I still say just go with the J35A8 out of a TL type S. The specs are already listed in this thread.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #47
PreludeFast21
Lude Boss

PreludeFast21 will become famous soon enough
Ive taken a ride in a Supercharged H22 in a 01 SH thing was fun it was a gradual pull tho not like a turbo, then he bumped up the boost to like 12psi or something and it pulled hard! thing was sweet.

PreludeFast21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2010, 12:44 AM   #48
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

Cruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Cruiserdude

Seems like it will be rather difficult and expensive, but if you can make it work that would be pretty sweet. While it would make the car even more nose-heavy, it would still be lighter than the Accords and TL's it came in, and I can just imagine the torque of such a setup. Give me a J35 with a blower and a RWD conversion, and I'll show you a 6th gen Lude.

-Andrew-

'01 Premium White Pearl Type SH-ATTS Baby!!!

Click
to join the official Prelude Power Facebook group, we don't bite!
Cruiserdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2010, 06:01 AM   #49
KraserK
Lude Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiserdude View Post
Seems like it will be rather difficult and expensive, but if you can make it work that would be pretty sweet. While it would make the car even more nose-heavy, it would still be lighter than the Accords and TL's it came in, and I can just imagine the torque of such a setup. Give me a J35 with a blower and a RWD conversion, and I'll show you a 6th gen Lude.
Get this guy what he wants! I want to see this 6th gen lude!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #50
Antonious
Lude Addict

Antonious is on a distinguished road
any estimates on how much a v6 lude would cost?

Greddy Evo 2
AEM V2 intake

ATTS is whack
Antonious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement