Official "water leaking into car" help video - Page 2 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #26
ethereal2pt2
I am Prelude

ethereal2pt2 will become famous soon enoughethereal2pt2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJGB3 View Post
Take out the trunk side linings.
Grab a flashlight.
Take a friend to the DIY car wash.
Flip down the rear seat back.
Have him/her go into the trunk from the back seat with the flashlight.
Wash your car while they shine the flashlight in the trunk looking for the leak.
or save time and money by just spraying down your car with a hose while you or a friend inspects in the inside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Getting a good girl is like getting a good parking spot. All the good ones are taken and the only ones left are handicap."
ethereal2pt2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #27
HavoK041
Lude Dude

HavoK041 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon84 View Post
Did you pull the black piece that the tubes were attached to?
Don't recall seeing any black pieces, the tubes were clear.
HavoK041 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #28
jamsandwich
Lude Dude

jamsandwich is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jamsandwich
the rear drain tubes do not get clogged in the clear tube part. instead, what gets clogged are the small black tubes that the clear tubes get plugged in to. unplug the clear drain tubes, yank out the black tube connectors, stick a paper towel through them, and watch as the dirt and crud comes out on the other side. the problem has to do with the fact that the black things are pinched down and they have a tendency to get clogged. as noted above, getting them to go back in can be a pretty big hassle
Old 02-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #29
Mercenary

Mercenary is on a distinguished road
Still Leaking! Not from the trunk! Help!

Nice video. I replaced the taillight gaskets (only 12$ each from Honda). I unplugged the sunroof hoses and declogged them. I cut the black L shaped piece that plugs into the car so there was more opening for water to flow. I got them back in after some twisting and turning. Put the clear tube back in and took some zip ties and tightened it really good. Then sealed the place there the clear tube goes into the black tube with Marine sealant. Took out my back seat. Foam was black molded and looked awful. Put a large box of baking soda all over the back foam, literally caked it on. Put it in the sun for two days and brushed off the baking soda. Most of the black mildew is gone now. Rained like hell last night and I put my backseat as well as everything from my trunk inside the house. Looked in the trunk and saw small amounts of water still leaking from my tail lights. No water in the trunk besides that. It might have been a couple ounces of water on each side. No water in the back seat area. So I think the problem is mostly fixed, right. I am driving home from work and hit a corner turning right pretty fast. All of a sudden i hear SWISHHHHHH I look into my back seat area and there is literally 3 inches of water in the passenger side and two inches on the driver side. my question is….WHERE COULD THIS WATER HAVE CAME FROM IF IT WAS NOT IN THE TRUNK? My car was hit in the back before I bought it. The trunk hood/lid was not damaged, but they had to put a new bumper on it and do a little body work on the back quarter panels and hammer out the trunk. I have no idea where that amount of water came from. Under the trunk somewhere? Anyone got any ideas where it is collecting?
Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #30
my91lude
Getting Comfortable

my91lude is on a distinguished road
Is there weatherstripping available anywhere for the 3rd gen sunroof?
my91lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2015, 02:04 PM   #31
bmv2000
Lude Dude

bmv2000 is on a distinguished road
Good helpful video. Love the simple but effective repairs. Nice wheels.
bmv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement